Hannah's Lighter Life: The RTM Edition!

Hi Hannah
Hope the new job is going ok and hope you are well and happy!
Have just been rereading your posts on RTM as I have just started and needed inspiration! Im a bit confused by it all as I have started at week 4 because I went on to lite for 6 weeks after total :)

Hi hannah I have just read your weight loss diary from start to finish and i just wanted to say what an inspiration you are. You look beautiful, you must be so happy, I am going to catch up on your maintenance diary over the next day or so but just wanted to say well done x Sarah

How are you managing, Hannah? I miss your posts. You were a real inspiration to me when I was on Total. I have struggled a bit since being moved to Lite for the last few pounds and am really apprehensive about RTM. Would love to hear how you're doing!

Last edited:
Hello!

Once again apologies for my absence! Have been so busy lately, and have to say I am loving it. Time goes so fast at my new job, that the weeks are literally flying by and i'm learning so much. I am now a qualified Fencing, Archery and Abseil Instructor, so will be able to bulk up the old C.V!

Weight wise things have definitely been up and down. I've stuck to running every second morning, it was hard at first to set my alarm, but i've now got into a real routine and i'm really enjoying it. I'm following the Couch to 5K program and thoroughly recommend it, when I started I never thought i'd be able to jog for as long as I can now, i'm on Week 5 and am aiming to be able to jog non-stop for 30 minutes by the end of the program (think it's 8 weeks long but need to double check!) It really eases you into jogging slowly, and I use the podcasts that tell you when to run and when to walk, and using garageband on my Macbook i'm able to insert songs as I always need music to run to! So week by week i've been jogging for longer and longer and feel a real sense of achievement. My weight tends to fluctuate by 3/4ibs up and down, which can be a bit concerning, but i'm trying to teach myself to relax and know when to let go. I find that if i'm just sensible my weight goes down on it's own. But I do need to keep an eye on things. I'm so grateful to lighter life for helping me to lose weight, but I do find that thinking about diet/excercise has become a bit of an obsession. I'm trying to relax it a bit, but at the same time i'm so worried about gaining the weight back that I know i'll never be able to completely relax.

I generally feel happy with how I look, but I would still love to lose another stone. I just know timing wise it's not right, and I feel like I need to give my body a bit of a break from extreme dieting! I have a doctors appointment on Friday as I still find myself bruising really easily, it started when I began Lighter Life and I thought it would stop now that i've finished, but no. Hopefully there is some sort of explanation! I've also been feeling a bit under the weather, and keep coming down with colds/sore throats that I can't seem to shake off, so think I need a general body M.O.T!

Hope everyone is doing really well, am looking forward to catching up on all your LL journeys and good luck to all the newbies!

Hannah
xxxx

Hi Hannah :)
Lovely to have you back. Great to see you've been doing well :)
Isn't C25K great?!
I'm on C210K now and absolutely love it!

Don't be a stranger hun xxx

Sent from my iPhone 4 using MiniMins

Hello Hannah,
Thanks for the update. Glad it is going well for you hun. xx:wave_cry:

Hello from one Hannah to another. :)

I'm thinking I should change my user name so folk don't get us two muddled up. :confused:

Well done for your amazing loss, I shall catch up with your diary this evening (avoiding food smells & Masterchef on TV) - I did RTM last summer but have returned to LL to drop a 12lb gain (done) and lose 10lbs more.

Hxx

When you see your Doc tomorrow ask for a blood test to check your Iron and Ferrin. Unexplained bruising can be low Iron, my Iron was really low at the end of LLT last year, dont know if it was the program as I dont know how my levels were before I started.

Good luck. x

Hi Hannah,
Thank you for the advice, had the blood tests and everything came back normal so that's a weight off my mind :)

I finished the Couch to 5K running program two weeks ago, and am still running for 30 minutes every second day. I am so amazed at myself, it sounds so silly but i'm so proud of myself for being able to run! Before I lost weight I always said that I 'wasnt a runner' and tried to make up excuses, but now I really enjoy it. It's nice to have 30 minutes to myself to listen to music and get outdoors, and I feel so much fitter for it.

Weight wise i'm still about 3/4 pounds higher than I was when I started my new job. Which is amazing, but overall I still weigh a bit more than i'd like to.
It's my 21st Birthday on the 17th of June and I am so excited already, but it's funny to look back as for my birthday last year I was alone working for a company I hated, and I had just started Lighter Life the week before so I couldn't comfort eat like I would have done normally. Is funny to see how far I have come since then!! But I still have a dream of waking up on my birthday 10 stone something...and to get there I need to lose just over a stone. I've been trying to eat more healthily but my weight doesn't seem to budge and I don't have time to do anymore exercise, and my job is so active as it is I think I would actually die of exhaustion! So am considering doing Exante again. I just want to feel fabulous at my 21st birthday party, and i know losing that final stone would be the icing on the cake.

So i'm planning a '4 week get sexy for birthday' plan. I didn't want to have to do Exante again, but i'm going to give it a go and see how it fits in with my job. I'm planning to start on the 16th of May. I also have my works May ball on the 5th of June (should be called the June ball I know!) so would love to look nice for that as well. So my plan is for the next week to start cutting back on sugar/carbs/caffeine before powering through with the 4 week plan! Fingers crossed I get to my goal for my birthday, feel like taking care of myself and losing the final stone is the best birthday present I can give to myself (and am planning to buy a sexy red dress to show off my hard work!)

Hope everyone is doing well, sorry for the sporadic updates! Will try to update this more regularly and let you know how the 4 week blitz goes!
xxxxxx

At least getting the test gives you peace of mind, Hannah. :)

Well done for keeping the running up, the C25K is great! I'm starting week 4 tomorrow to prepare for race for life. And really enjoying it too.

Good luck with Exante!! :):) xx

Hi Hannah nice to see you back on here.
I'm a big fan of C25K and I never thought I'd say this but I love running now!

How is Exante doing? I'm in two minds about doing it for a month or so.

Hope you're well xxx

Hi Hannah nice to see you back on here.
I'm a big fan of C25K and I never thought I'd say this but I love running now!

How is Exante doing? I'm in two minds about doing it for a month or so.

Hope you're well xxx

Hi Magda!
How are you? Sorry i've been so slack at keeping up on this forum, not having the internet is a serious disadvantage! How are you doing with lighter life? Did you complete RTM?

I like Exante, all the packs are tasty and it's so easy (no meetings etc so can just crack on with it) the bars are really yummy too. (and so much cheaper!) Not that i'm slating LL, just feel that I had all the CBT i needed and can't justify the price anymore.

Hannah
xxxx

Hello again everyone!

Here is another one of my random updates!! Have been on Exante since the 16th of May, so had my second weigh in today and I lost 3.8ibs and last week I lost 9.2ibs so in total have lost 13ibs in 2 weeks, am elated!! No other diet would let you lose pretty much a stone in a fortnight!

I am well on my way to being 10 stone something for my birthday which I am so happy about. I feel fine, have been feeling really tired lately but i've been so busy think it's only natural. It's my works May Ball on Sunday (in June...doesn't make much sense!) and i'm so excited to wear a sexy dress ;-) am the lowest weight i've ever been!! I'm 11st 2 so just have 2 more pounds to go, but think i'll keep carrying on until my birthday so I have a bit of a margin to play with when I start 'eating' again. I need to post some more up to date pictures!

Am going home tonight, then shopping in London tomorrow to find a 21st birthday dress and am so excited! It's so lovely not having to worry about trying stuff on anymore :) Got to love VLCD's!!

Hope everyone is doing well!
xxxxxxxxxx

Well done Hannah, thanks for telling us how you are getting on.
What a success.
You will sparkle in your new birthday dress. Congratulations. x

Thank you Slenda Blenda! I hope to maintain this weight loss for as long as you have, you really are an inspiration!

Bought my birthday dress today :) Went to Selfridges in London and had the best time, tried on so many dresses and ended up going for a lovely red Reiss number, its a size 10! And some of the dresses I tried on were a size 8, I couldn't believe it! Am so, so happy. I even tried on a Herve Leger bandage dress, oh my god it was amazing...those dresses really are miracle workers and I can see why they cost so much, but I couldn't justify the 1525 pound price tag! Was amazing to try them on though, and gave me such a confidence boost. Bought some new heels for my May Ball on Sunday and am looking forward to wearing them with my LBD. Will post up some photos after Sunday :)
xxxxx

I've read both of your diaries while ive been on my journey and I'd just like to say how enjoyable they are. Youre inspirational and have come so far. Have a lovely time at may ball. As for your birthday dress, sounds gorgeous! Xxx

Brilliant news on the dress sizes that's amazing and makes it all worthwhile hunny! Can't wait to see your pics xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hello lovelies!

How are well all? Thank you for all your lovely comments!
It was the May Ball last night so got to wear my faithful LBD! Some of you may recognise it from last time I wore it to my friends 21st, I just love it so much.
DSC_0053.JPG

Still in my faithful uggs!
DSC_0065_2.JPG

Bit Blurry
DSC_0035.JPG

My gorgeous heels!

The photos on here are quite small so if you'd like to see them bigger go here http://hannahslighterlife.blogspot.com/2011/06/may-ball.html

Had a really great night. I'll be honest I ate and drank, but i think sometimes you need to know when to just enjoy yourself. I've lost 15ibs so far which i'm so pleased with. Am 2ibs away from my goal! Have 10 days until my party now so am back on Exante tomorrow to crack through until then! Need to order some more packs, might invest in the new exante water flavourings, quite exciting!

xxxx

Looking lovely Hannah. Well done you.
Love the dress and the fab shoes. xx

Back