ProPoints Hannah's not sure what she's doing anymore...

Hey you!!! How's your Xmas been? I've an exam in 2 weeks and starting to get a tiny bit stressed out!! Did nothing for 2 weeks over Xmas and now it all seems like double Dutch to me :( xx

Mmmmmmm, pulled pork is gorgeous stuff. I am trying to ignore the rice in the picture ;)

Awwwwww, bunny picture :) Very cute that Stan gets christmas presents.

Hey you!!! How's your Xmas been? I've an exam in 2 weeks and starting to get a tiny bit stressed out!! Did nothing for 2 weeks over Xmas and now it all seems like double Dutch to me :( xx

I know how you feel, it's like that for me', once my heads back in it I'm sure it'll be fine! Have you got anyone you can revise with? Didn't you have a study buddy, am I remembering that right?? Head down & crack on Jo ;) I may have to take my own advice!!

Mmmmmmm, pulled pork is gorgeous stuff. I am trying to ignore the rice in the picture ;) Awwwwww, bunny picture :) Very cute that Stan gets christmas presents.

The pork was fab, rice, nothing to write home about ;) Stan is a very spoilt bunny!!

So no plan today but didn't fair too badly so far today:

B- toast with flora & ham, yoghurt
S- satsumas
L- lentil, carrot & bacon soup, oatcakes, apple
S- slice of corned beef (it was just there!) & sundried tomatoes
D- spag bol with soft cheese

So according to my guesstimates it's about 1400 calories which ain't half bad! That means choccie & a cuppa for laters :)

I went to the gym today too......but....it was just to pay for another month. As a student I don't have to sign a contract just pay month by month, so not bad! Especially if I stop going!! I updated my account ahead of my planned morning swim tomorrow - no excuse!!

I am sure there as some bonus exercise points to be had from simply walking in to the gym to renew monthly contract ;)

Food looks good. And really good that it comes in around 1400 calories. I stopped counting so many weeks ago I have rather lost my "instinct" for guestimating.

I think I earnt at least 3 calories with the effort!! Even more today - 30 minute swim. Boy was it hard work, I tried to go at the pace I was on in oct/nov....didn't work so well!! But it needs to happen - 20 weeks till I'm doing my first tri!! Well I sent the form off this morning so fingers crossed there are still places :D

I think yesterday ended up at about 1600 after chocolate!!

Today has been much more foody...

Pre-swim: banana, yoghurt
Post-swim: bran flakes & milk
L: last tiny bit of soup, salad with pulled pork, rice & coleslaw
S: nature valley bars & apple
D: pork jalfrezi & rice
Afters: something sweet

About 1800 calories - I blame the swim!

Swimming makes me starving as well. All other exercise tends to inhibit my appetite but I've ended up having to leave breakfast until after my hour swim on a Saturday or else I just ended up having two breakfasts as I was ravenous.

Food sounds very nice, especially lunch. You will get back into the swing of exercise in no time I am sure. Exciting about sending the forms off for the tri! Braver than me!

Swimming is good & just feels nice & easy on the joints. I always think oh it's only a swim it's easy, then afterwards am actually quite knackered!!

Toying with stretching my legs tomorrow morning but with this torrential rain I'm not so sure!!

Loads of food again today, I blame starting work at 6:30am!!

B1: yoghurt & banana
B2: crumpets & jam, satsumas
L: houmous, oatcakes & ham salad
S: beans, slice corned beef, Special K crisps
D: chorizo & black pudding risotto with (don't look atomic) oodles of cheese :)
S: ferrero rocher

So about a million calories, hey ho!

Happy news - I hadn't made it to the sakes to find some much needed new boots & hey presto managed to get some today on my way back from work - yay :D

image-2481935946.jpg

I'm not sure the photo does them justice!! It's got a 'sock' effect which can be tucked in. My old boots (3 years or so) are still fab just not when it rains! The leather on top is so worn water just seeps through!! So happy with my half-price boots :)

Swimming makes me starving as well. All other exercise tends to inhibit my appetite but I've ended up having to leave breakfast until after my hour swim on a Saturday or else I just ended up having two breakfasts as I was ravenous.

Food sounds very nice, especially lunch. You will get back into the swing of exercise in no time I am sure. Exciting about sending the forms off for the tri! Braver than me!

I'm the very same. I used to do bootcamp and I'd have to eat after while not really feeling like it. But swimming = starving!!

The food diary for today doesn't look too bad. Probably not as calorific as you think. At least there is fruit and veg in it lol. xx

Oh it was quite bad & today's not been much better, won't bother with all the food but let's say chocolate was involved as we're chipolatas!!!

Calories in:
Mon - 1600
Tues - 1800
Wed - 2500
Thu - 2200

Exercise done:
Mon - 30 min cycle commute
Tue - 30 min swim + 30 min cycle commute
Wed - 30 min cycle commute
Thu - 30 min walk

Not - the - best - start !!!

Still not on a plan & not beating myself up!

Weighed in at 10st Monday & it's official WI tomorrow, so not expecting much! :D

Well I was reasonably surprised as I sts which is ok... To be honest I'm going to concentrate more on my fitness & I'm sure my diet will start to change around that. I don't like restricting myself so just trying to run/swim/cycle it off seems a better alternative !! :D

Ohh I can't wait to start exercising again. I think once you get into it you want to eat better otherwise you feel like you've wasted a load of energy for nothing.
Well done on the sts x

Sent from my SM-T210 using MiniMins.com mobile app

You've got practically nothing left to lose so focusing on fitness does sound like the better options to be honest. I find when I focus on exercise goals I am more inclined to make better food choices anyway. I think it focuses your mind in a way that food rules just don't.

Hope you are having a nice weekend.

Yes I agree, I think when I start exercising more I'll fuel my body a bit more appropriately. I'm slightly off my booze at the moment too which is odd!! A pint & glass of wine at the pub last night, then home by 8pm & I only had one more glass of wine in 3 hrs - definitely odd behaviour for me, may be I have actually had enough!

That was very much what happened with me over Christmas. Because I had had the odd drink when I fancied it throughout December when it got to Christmas eve I had one bottle of beer with dinner, one beer when we delivered presents to my dad later in the evening and then ended up with a diet coke and water for the rest of the evening! Odd behaviour but I think while there is nothing wrong with a few drinks for most of us it definitely doesn't do any harm to give it a break sometimes. And the bonus is that you tend to enjoy it far more after a break. I remember the utter joy of the first pint of beer I had after not drinking at all for about a year. It was sheer bliss :)

Well I'm not totally converted, I'm drinking a cheeky beer right now!!

A year????????? Wow...

I'm going back to my booze free Mon-Thurs & then play Sundays by ear. Friday & Saturday is when I get my binge drinking done - don't know if that'll ever change ;)

I would have been shocked by the year too before hand. A hell of a lot easier than you think though when you get out of the habit. Monday to Thursday restriction sounds like a good option though. Important to have some fun! Enjoy the beer. One of those would be rather nice with Sherlock in a minute. I would settle for a diet coke though. I miss that far more than alcohol!

Back