ProPoints Hannah's not sure what she's doing anymore...

Yes, it looks as though you've had a good couple of days food wise :)

Bet you are relieved that the doc gave you the all clear. I can't believe you got that 'talk' though. What a cheek! It's a good job you took it the right way, I'm not sure I could have been quite so generous. I didn't have my lad until my late 30s and if a doc had broached the subject any earlier the air would have turned blue haha!

Hope you have another good day.

It was surprising & inappropriate I think, but hey ho....although it did begin to bug when even after I'd said I don't want kids she still banged on about the wonder of motherhood!!! It's not for everyone, you'd think she'd be more responsible, I could be an awful person for all she knows. Obviously I'm not, I'm clearly delightful ;) !!

You are indeed delightful! Being in 30 year old woman in a long term relationship does seem to invite this inappropriateness though. I had a pretty similar experience at the doctors not so long ago. I think the conversation went something along on the lines of Doctor: "So I see you have been on the pill for many years now". Me: "Yes". Doctor "And you are 31 now". Me "Yes". Doctor "And I see you are married, yes?". Me "Yeah...". Doctor "So when are you planning to stop the pill and have children". Me, rather indignant, "I am not". Doctor "Ah I see, see what happens". I was also not impressed.

Glad the other part of your doctor's appointment went well though! And food looks scrummy :)

I had expected it at some point, but not coming from someone clearly as broody as her!!

I didn't manage the swim today, it was my early day, but by the time I got home & had lunch it was 4pm! Then I needed to sort out my bike inner tube & then it was hi ho hi oh it's off to gardening I go...carrying 200l of topsoil up the many many steps to the house, putting it into the ground & digging it over. Also between him & me we've sorted my veggie patch, just need compost now, so excited!!!!

image-3179488441.jpg

My food for the day:

B - yoghurt & banana (2)
S - porridge (3)
L - lentil & ham soup, warb thin, ham, salad, choc digestive (8)
S - apple
D - Malay beef curry with coconut cream (naughty) & rice (15)
S - small dairy milk (3)

Total: 31/29
Weeklies: 2/49 = 47 left

The beef curry was made at the weekend when u defrosted the freezer, it was meant to be a weekend treat....but....bad me forgot to pick up any meat at the supermarket, well aside from 1.5kg of brisket!!

Glad appointment went well. Annoying when people assume isn't it!
Food looks great.
As does garden. ;) x

Thanks Brona, the garden is slowly coming along, soon it'll be finished. Well June!!! So excited to have a proper veg plot, last year I had a raised bed on slabs & managed to get a good crop of salad & peas, but my cabbages & baby carrots weren't any good. So a little bit more depth & some better preparation should help ;)

Yesterday went better than I imagined!! I worked till 2pm & jumped in the 3:30 train to manchester which have me about 40 min at home to get lunch, changed & my stuff together. Convenience was key yesterday!!

B: cereal bar, banana (2)
S: yoghurt & fruit (2)
L: shop bought chicken & potato salad with loads of lovely beans & green salad, pear (5)
S: this was over a long period from 4pm-8pm! Crisps, endamame beans, graze fruit punnet, grapes (8)
D: ham salad wrap, skips & maltesers (13)

Total: 30/29
Weeklies used: 1/47 = 46 left

If I try F&H not sure that my safety of crisps will be much good!! I suppose bigger meals, less snacks!

No time for exercise plus I now think I'll wait till next week to start again. I'm beginning to feel much recovered and actually slept well last night. But I think I need a full recovery before grabbing the bull by the horns, which may be why I've been so lethargic the last few months as I've never properly shifted the colds.

They will be some gardening & trips to the tip over the weekend though so that'll be something!

Youre right to take it easy for another few days hon. Shift it once and for all!
Food looks good and garden sounds great. This year im just getting plants into my garden. Veg will be next year if im honest. :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

There's a lot of green fingers around here then! Must be handy with all the healthy stuff. My mum was great with growing things but sadly she didn't pass her talents onto me as I just manage to see off anything green in our house!

It's good you are feeling a bit better, all that fresh air this weekend will help too. It's been a rough time lately with a lot of germs about hasn't it? My Oh has been the same with one cold after another. Hopefully if you take it easy for a little while you will feel even better.

You're doing well with food :)

That is some very impressive looking gardening. Do you want to come and start on mine one yours is done?? I love the idea of having a beautiful garden and veg patch but really detest gardening. If I have the option of spending a few hours in the garden or going to the gym I always end up going to the gym. I try and kid myself that my garden is a "wilderness garden" by choice but it really is by neglect.

The beef curry sounds really really good. Have you got the recipe for it?

Oh I do enjoy gardening, within reason! Not lifting paving slabs (I'm a girl after all!) But putting in topsoil, planting out the veg & flowers, digging, weeding, mowing....much preferable to the gym for me! Thankfully it's quite a good workout too! Although atomic, as much as I like it, I'm not sure if want to do more than my own garden!!

Still feeling better, in fact better enough to hit the pub this evening for a cheeky vino!

The curry was from a paste, it was reduced at Waitrose, it was a pack which came with the coconut cream & paste, star anise & cinnamon stick - yum :) I didn't use most of the coconut cream so pointed it as 5pp for meat + cream,4 for beef, 6 for rice.

Food:

B: porridge, blueberries & banana (3)
L: tuna salad, grapes (3)
Drink: wine (4)
Dinner: pizza - WW wrap, tomato purée, salami & Parmesan, warb thin, low fat philly, chorizo & salad (15)
S: small dairy milk, wine (7)

Total: 32/29
Weeklies: 3/49 = 43 left
Bring on the weekend!!

You see lifting the paving slabs would be the bit I would prefer! Chopping down trees and ripping up shrubs I am also ok with but its the fiddling things like weeding, planting etc that drive me absolutely crazy.

I really wish I had a proper Waitrose near here. There is a tiny "express" one in the city centre but the range is pretty limited. Its probably for the best though, I think my bank balance would suffer greatly if I got the opportunity to regularly shop at Waitrose or Booths. Yesterday sounds nice on the food (and wine!) front. Haven't made on of the wrap pizzas for ages. Out of interest what wine do you generally drink? I am just being nosey!

What is on the cards for the weekend? Apart from hopefully very much enjoying those 43 weeklies ;)

I do much prefer the harder stuff in the garden like you say, but I still like pottering about & planting up. Ripping stuff out/pruning is a regular feature out the front...we basically live on a hill by the road, so it's lots of steps up to the house from the pavement & so the front garden is quite large. The lovely lady before us set it out very well & it provides colour all year round, but there is a small element of upkeep, although I probably should do more. It's starting to bloom now & just keeps giving till the end if September, so tidying it up is a small price to pay! We're very lucky we came to such a well established & looked after garden. The back however.....it had been paved & we are reintroducing grass. But mowing is so easy & then I'll just have pots on the wall - it's a deep wall, nice for sitting on. Once it's finished I think it'll look beautiful :)

Took the last of the rubble to the tip, phew! Hard work though & planning wasn't very good because breakfast was only a pear & banana on the run!!

So that's been my day so far & have just enjoyed lunch in front of the rugby with a game of maponimoes. Honestly atomic I'm sure you'd love it! It's dominoes with countries, such fun!! You can get the sets on amazon. We've got Asia & Australasia, a friend has UK counties and another has Europe! You can put continents together to have massive games, which is what we've planned next weekend ;)

More rugby today & steak and a movie. Then tomorrow, putting compost & topsoil in & planting up.

I really need to do some studying too....!!

Food for today....fairly weekly heavy!!

B - pear & then mid tip runs, a banana, not best planned out but just wanted to get the stuff dumped!
L - ham & couscous salad (4)
S - apple, flapjack (4)
D - steak, parmentier pots, salad, ketchup & lf mayo (20)
Wine - 19 :D
Dessert - cadbury trifle & sf jelly set with raspberries (think the latter could be a saviour for F&H week next week!!) (6)

Total: 53/29
Weeklies: 24/43 = 19 left :)
Gardening/tip runs/lifting/carrying: 3AP

Watched Captain Phillips this evening - brilliant film & story. Highly recommend it!

Sounds like a very nice planned weekend, and yesterday's dinner sounds gorgeous. Especially with the liquid additions ;)

Your garden sounds lovely. I would really like to have something like that but just don't have the dedication to do it I don't think. We have a corner plot and our back garden is a fair size for the area but was incredibly overgrown when we moved in and it never really feels like we get on top of it. One day maybe.

I think it was easier having the slabs in so it's just removal, overgrown & weedy gardens are much harder work & you never feel like you're getting anywhere - I feel your pain!

We're pretty much sorted now, topsoil in & settling, we may need to add more. And pretty much composted up my veg bed & planted out some pretty flowers, pics attached :)

image-1576585433.jpg

image-1805232262.jpg

image-1963536000.jpg

image-2239699202.jpg

So satisfying!!

I forgot to let you know my wine Janine - I only drink red & this is one of my favourites, a cote du Rhone:

image-3776368026.jpg

And yes pretty much finished! I also love a Rioja!

My food today has been excessive!!

B - pancakes, bacon medallions, berries, creme fraiche, maple syrup (11)
L - beans & frankfurters on toast (14)
S - flapjack (4)
D - sausage & mash with cabbage, carrot & onion gravy (14)
Wine (6)

Total - 49/29
Weeklies - 20 I can't remember what I had left, so I'll update again once this massive post has successfully posted!!

Hannah, I don't think we can be friends anymore... I only drink white wine ;) Given the choice I tend to only drink New Zealand sauvignon blanc. Although I guess at least it would mean we didn't steal each other's wine supplies...

Garden is looking fab, love the stone circle. Really pretty.

Beans and frankfurters on toast sounds like the most divine Sunday lunch. Mmmmmmm. I love a good frankfurter.

I thought Monday was weigh in day as well. But at my age I get easily confused.

Back