ProPoints Hannah's not sure what she's doing anymore...

No it's not your age, I did weigh but forgot to post which is crazy seeing as I lost 2lbs!!! So I'm 9st10, aiming for 9st5 I think...so it'll be interesting to see what happens this week! I'm not bothered if I gain it's an experiment really!

I'm sure we can still be friends Janine, as you say they'll be no stealing of each other's wine, all good :) I love red wine & can't stand white or rose unless there's bubbles in it, then I'm all over it ;)

I have been pleasantly surprised today and not been hungry, no cravings either!

B - blueberry porridge with skimmed milk, I cheekily added 1g of chopped hazelnuts for 0pp!
S - Greek yog & fruit
L - bulgar wheat & tuna salad with a oil based dressing
S - I had some lunch leftover and finished that when I got in as I was peckish....
D - spaghetti bolognese topped with quark. The quark wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, although not as good as the Parmesan in the fridge!!
Later - sugar free jelly & raspberries

So very filling & healthy I think. I definitely had more at breakfast, I added some oats to my oat so simple sachet & it sorted me out till my first break at 12pm. I was fairly hungry by lunch, but had a whole can if tuna plus bulgar wheat & usually I'd have half tuna with carbs or all tuna and no carbs. That did fill me up & left me with something to snack on when I got in. I'm still enjoying the full after dinner feeling and knowing I can't have chocolate later kind of puts it out of my mind. If I somehow feel hungry again I have 1pp flapjack to snack on. It's 1pp because it's mostly F&H ingredients :) and I know I'm allowed chocolate I just don't want to waste any weeklies ahead of the weekend!

So all in all a successful day and my mood has been good. We shall see if that's the sane tomorrow once I hit chocolate withdrawal!!!

Excellent news on the loss. 2lbs is pretty epic, especially on a Monday!

Food does look very good from yesterday. I remember when I did Simply Filling (old name for filling and healthy) it was really nice to fill up on wholesome foods and I found I didn't snack much. I tended to fritter away my weeklies a little too easily each day though on "normal" foods like a little bit of cheese, some nuts or some chorizo so found I never got to properly enjoy them if you know what I mean. Will be interested to see how this week goes though.

Oh well done on getting through today and yay to the 2lbs loss, that is really fab :) No doubt it put a smile on your face and you are getting so close to goal now, it must be a nice feeling!

Yes a big smile indeed, a very pleasant surprise! However, I get close to goal a lot so I'm not getting too excited yet!! :D

Excellent news on the loss. 2lbs is pretty epic, especially on a Monday! Food does look very good from yesterday. I remember when I did Simply Filling (old name for filling and healthy) it was really nice to fill up on wholesome foods and I found I didn't snack much. I tended to fritter away my weeklies a little too easily each day though on "normal" foods like a little bit of cheese, some nuts or some chorizo so found I never got to properly enjoy them if you know what I mean. Will be interested to see how this week goes though.

Yes very pleasing at this stage, it's usually much slower! It'll be interesting to see what this week holds! I think I'll miss the little bits this week, so I may end up mixing it up depending on what I'm doing & how well organised I am!! I feel I need to save all my weeklies for the vino at the weekend ;) I may resort to counting at the weekend, whichever works out cheaper!!

A good day today, although I could have eaten more for lunch, but I was fine until my break when I had a crumpet. I know they're included but I feel they're a bit excessive, but it's a handy snack! No cravings....yet!!

Pre-gym - half a banana & a bit of chicken
B - shredded wheat (a first for me), half banana & skimmed milk
L - chicken, bulgar wheat & beetroot salad, pear, clementine
S - crumpet & quark, apple
D - marinated chicken with stir-fried rice & veg. So tasty, hub makes the best stir fry. I always ask what he puts in it & get the response 'stuff' so who knows...although he always assures it's pp free!

Gym was good this morning, 25 minutes spin and weights, hard going after 2 weeks off and the cycle home was tough, but it's all good :D

Weeklies - 0 used
Activity - 5 earnt

Thought i posted last night but maybe not. Must have dreamt it! ;)
Well done on your loss hon. That's brilliant. :) x

Hey Hannah I'm back!! I've missed lots it seems...garden looks amazing. I am not very green fingered unfortunately but I do love my garden and wish I had a veg patch. I grow herbs to keep me happy lol.
Sorry to hear you were sick. It seems to be going around. I've had cold on cold on cold too and still feel a bit sh!te, but plowing on :)
Amazing loss this week, well deserved by the look of your diary.

Also we are wine buddies. I love a Rioja and only like pink or white if it is a nice prosecco or cava lol. I'm heading to my sisters in Drogheda this weekend and have plans to stop at Asda and buy a lovely Grand Famalia Rioja (sp?)

Well done on the gym session. I can't imagine having to cycle home after a gym session. Ouch. Although that might be possibly because there is pretty much the longest and steepest hill in the city inbteween my house and the gym. Still very good going!

Crumpets felt a bit naughty when I did SF too but entirely on plan and pretty low calorie. Useful for filling that gap I reckon.

Yes you're like me with the weekend wine. Just think how much choc we could eat at weekend if we gave up the booze haha! A really good week for you so far, especially with the exercise on top. Do you use your exercise points or not?

Oh I know wine is bad but soooo good and to be honest, I'd rather the wine!! I will use activity points only on the day I earn them otherwise I disregard them. I try not to but certainly on pp I'd find I was a bit more peckish on exercise days so needed a pp or two.

Thought i posted last night but maybe not. Must have dreamt it! ;) Well done on your loss hon. That's brilliant. :) x

Thank you, I still have a I lost some pounds glow!!

Hey Hannah I'm back!! I've missed lots it seems...garden looks amazing. I am not very green fingered unfortunately but I do love my garden and wish I had a veg patch. I grow herbs to keep me happy lol. Sorry to hear you were sick. It seems to be going around. I've had cold on cold on cold too and still feel a bit sh!te, but plowing on :) Amazing loss this week, well deserved by the look of your diary. Also we are wine buddies. I love a Rioja and only like pink or white if it is a nice prosecco or cava lol. I'm heading to my sisters in Drogheda this weekend and have plans to stop at Asda and buy a lovely Grand Famalia Rioja (sp?)

Great to have you back Laura :) It has been a relentless winter cold wise & I started sneezing again this afternoon, but I'm hoping it's hayfever! It must be much harder for you though with 3 little ones, you must be knackered!! Your weekend sounds lovely, away to see your sister? I do love Rioja, I'll look out for that one and give it a try :)

Well done on the gym session. I can't imagine having to cycle home after a gym session. Ouch. Although that might be possibly because there is pretty much the longest and steepest hill in the city inbteween my house and the gym. Still very good going! Crumpets felt a bit naughty when I did SF too but entirely on plan and pretty low calorie. Useful for filling that gap I reckon.

Ah I don't actually cycle to the gym, just afterwards, so if I go before work I leave the car at home and cycle from there as it's sort of on the way. It's a bit far for my liking by bike, although I probably should start, it would extend my training quite nicely! My thigh is sore today though, just the one oddly, it must've done more work than the other!

Today has been a tricky hungry day and I've felt a bit stuck so just not had anything! I've been craving carbs (swimming's to blame!) and fancied a warb thin/crumpet but I stopped myself. It's only because I'd had 2 crumpets earlier in the day so didn't want to eat more bread!

Two breakfast day & I did it in a bit more style than usual!

B1 - small bowl shredded wheat & skimmed milk
B2 - 2 crumpets, quark, strawberries and banana

image-967521651.jpg

Finished work at 1:30pm, had an apple and went for a swim. I had another banana after as I was starved & then lunch at 4pm ish!!
L - bulger wheat, beetroot & ham salad
S - a fingerful of almond butter (1)
D - meatballs in a lovely tomato & pepper sauce, pasta & a dollop of quark (it's not cheese, it's not even like philly!!)
I'll have some sf jelly & Greek yog in a bit with a cuppa

The swim/food this is an ongoing quandary. The pool is so quite early afternoon & so I'd rather go straight after work, but I can't eat lunch before as it'll make be feel sick! Next week I may try beans on toast for my second breakfast and see how I go. Or what I should have done is found some protein to nibble on before the swim....I shall experiment!!

I always think that on the days I exercise a couple of eggs and some bacon in the morning seems to give me more energy....might be in my head but there you go HA.
Lovely sounding day though. How are you finding the filling and healthy. I'm in a quantary about weather to go back to pp or not. I'm not sure I eat enough on F&H.

Well done on the swim x

Another great day, well done! Your breakfast looks good too ;)

Those crumpets were good!!

I always think that on the days I exercise a couple of eggs and some bacon in the morning seems to give me more energy....might be in my head but there you go HA. Lovely sounding day though. How are you finding the filling and healthy. I'm in a quantary about weather to go back to pp or not. I'm not sure I eat enough on F&H. Well done on the swim x

Ah I don't like egg, but it's also tricky to get the right thing at work, everything is fried in heaps of butter, no F&H bacon medallions there!!

Funny you should ask how I'm getting on, I wrote this on the notes function of my phone while I was out range, so it'll give you an idea! I'm not 100% converted & think I may mix it up as I progress after this week.

Today has posed some new, but expected problems! Uni....

I usually fill up with crisps, fruit & cereal bars in between the salad & sandwich & often keep within my 29pp allowance. But for today I needed to be more strategic!

I had a good breakfast, thermos for lunch & salad & wrap for dinner.

B - warb thin & beans, pear
L - pasta & chicken in a tomato & veg sauce, apple
S - jelly & fruit, banana & about 2/3 of a small sushi pack (3)
D - cous cous salad, ham salad, malteser bunny (4)

I meant to bring a homemade flapjack to have before class which is only 1pp, but I forgot d'oh!! So I went with what I hoped was a good alternative, the small sushi pack, 3pp so not too bad. However, it's all adding up to weeklies, cry :( I'm concerned for my wine allowance!!

I feel like cravings may have hit today, or possibly boredom with the plan, I'm not sure. It is very restrictive and I've found today tough. I was always going to have chocolate which is fine, but I think I found that out today, uni days = counting days!

Tally of weeklies so far:
Monday: 0
Tuesday: 1 (flapjack - not sure I posted this as I had it late!)
Wednesday: 1 (almond butter)
Thursday: 7 (sushi & malteser bunny)

That leaves me with 41, now considering I like to be wasteful & drink approx 29pp a week this could be tricky. I will endeavour to do a full week of F&H but I feel I may switch to counting over the weekend & avert disaster with oodles of pointless soup and fruit with yoghurt!!

I know what you're thinking hon. You see you 49 shrinking before your eyes. But are you a real treat person? Do u want your snacks? If so then your right it doesnt particularly suit.
But for me id rarely crave choc etc so I eat bigger portions of my main meals and snack on fruit and yogurt and popcorn and it keeps me going. And then I have my 49 for wine, meal out and a treat at weekend maybe...

But as you said see how u feel after weekend. :) x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

See thats it Hannah, if you can do without the 49 during the week its a great plan. I just don't know that I'm eating enough...I'm nearly scared to eat a crumpet in between meals incase its too much. I'm thinking I might do a week of pp every few weeks so that I can see how much food I actually need lol.

I'm finding that I don't need snacks if I fill up at meal times which is great, today was a better day :)

I'm the same Laura about crumpets or warb thins it just feels like a very naughty snack!!

Like I said today was better, I think because I had all my usual amenities and wasn't away from a kitchen for 13 hours!! And I had a demon session at the gym. I span/spinned (?!) what is the past tense of a spin session??? Ok I started with a short spin session (16 mins but hard work), ran 3km and then did my weight session. I was bright red, sweaty loads, my heart rate hit 188 & I'm wondering how I'm going to get through the tri!!!! More training that's how ;) That was 8pp though, happy days :D

Food

Pre-gym: half a bowl shredded wheat, half banana, skimmed milk
Post-gym: crumpet & half banana
Lunch: I had half ashop bought fresh soup, I checked the ingredients, beans, chicken, tomatoes, oil, veg, flavours etc... No sugar or other bad things so I'm counting it as F&H, what do you think?? Warb thin, quark, ham, salad, apple
S: flapjack (1)
D: bacon medallions, courgette, leek, pasta, quark, Greek yog & Parmesan (1)
Wine (8)
Curly wurly (3)

Total: 13
Activity: 8
Balance: 5

I did my weeklies wrong yesterday, if I need to I use my activity points as I earn them, so my pp I used Tuesday (1) & Wednesday (1) from the APs used those days, sooo in short, 7 weeklies used, 42 left. After today, 5 less, so 37 remaining - wine wine & cake :D

Its the weekend! Time to enjoy those wine weeklies ;)

Sounds like there have definitely been some positive results from your F+H weeks but some drawbacks. When I used to do the plan I would tend to do maybe 3/4 days SF and the others as PP so there was a bit more flexibility. I am impressed at your dedication with the quark on pasta dishes and things. I tried it when doing SW years ago and didn't mind it cooked in stuff but on its own I found it pretty icky!

I actually don't mind the quark too much, I'm not a big fan of cheese, so this is just the ticket. Although my palate is changing & I like it more & more these days, dangerous!!

Saturday was a pleasantly excessive day food & activity wise!

I'd decided on Friday night I really needed to go out on a proper bike ride & I'd do 20k, the length of the tri. So I set my alarm for the crack of Saturday dawn, that's 8:15 for me! I had a small breakie & headed out at 9am. It was hard going with a head wind, but that meant a tail wind on the way home! I ended up doing 22k in 1h08 mins, I was soooo pleased!! Obviously on 'race day' it'll be after a swim & I'll have to save something for the run, but as it's the largest chunk it's good to know I can do it! :D

After another breakfast I got down to some serious gardening, then had lunch. After that it was onto the housework (friends over today), cake baking & cooking plus cleaning out the rabbit! Very productive day - I was cream crackered by 9pm!!

Food:

B1: half bowl shredded wheat & skimmed milk, half banana
B2: apple, 2 crumpets, one with almond butter & 1/2 banana, the other quark & strawberries (1)
L: other half of the soup, warb thin, quark, salad & ham
S: milk chocolate (2), ham, grapes
D: a lovely morrocan roast chicken, couscous, vegetable tagine (1-apricots) & raita
Drinks: bottle of wine (19)
Dessert: chocolate & apple cake & creme fraiche (6)

The cake was flour, cocoa, sugar, apple & eggs. It turned out ok and you don't get the apple taste which is good, it's just there to add sweetness as it doesn't use loads of sugar. I made some regular icing & added in melted choc, then topped with raspberries, I think that's what made it so ok!!

Total: 29!!
AP: 10 (bike ride 750 cals + gardening)
Weeklies used: 19
Balance: 18!!

I'll try not to use them all because I've been using my exercise points, so I'm not feeling too confident about a loss! Although as I mentioned we've friends coming for lunch & there's cake to eat, so points will be used!!

I'm planning on adding up my po for this week & seeing what's what, but I have enjoyed the no tracking, particularly mon-wed.

Big well done on the bike ride. Sounds like you made pretty good time on it as well. I always like the idea of bike rides and did get myself a cheap bike from freecyle a couple of years ago but I don't like riding on roads so feel pretty limited as there aren't that many cycle paths here. Overall I feel a bit safer using my feet!

Sounds like a pretty restrained Saturday, overall. Enjoy having your friends round today :)

Waow your weekend...both food and exercise...sounds amazing. I really really like the sound of the last dinner you posted! Sounds right up my street. Hope you had a good day yesterday and are having an even better day today xx

Back