Hann's IF Diary - 7 months and counting :)

Gym vom! Lol poor Han :(

You rock, pushing yourself physically (haha autocorrect tried to change that to pissing yourself! Now that WOULD be embarrassing!) You're nailing the whole change of life style that is required for long term maintenance x :)

Lou_G said:
Gym vom! Lol poor Han :(

You rock, pushing yourself physically (haha autocorrect tried to change that to pissing yourself! Now that WOULD be embarrassing!) You're nailing the whole change of life style that is required for long term maintenance x :)

Ha ha ha pissing myself that made me laugh XD

I'm getting there slowly, it's really taking time but that's the best way :)

Everyone in the gym was so nice, even a girl in the changing room got me cloths to wipe up and reassured me, then the staff said its more common than you think. So I don't feel too bad, just make sure it won't happen again lol xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Awww I remember first time I was sick at gym LOL memories

Now when I hit the I'm gonna gag point I hit the showers!!!

Hope youve recovered hun Xx

You know what, I might feel mortified and a bit shaken but I feel fantastic. Things are moving along nicely. I'm going in tomorrow to gym to chat with trainer. Have told him that I fast 3 x a week and I'll be taking in my wee timetable so we can work out a schedule. And I'm happy for him to suggest things to eat on my up days.. As long as he doesn't tell me to stop fasting. He didn't seem overly bothered about the fasting thing. So pretty happy that he's at least accepted it :) little changes one at a time rather than going at it like a bull in a china shop. Think that's where I went wrong in the past. Xx

Well done on the gym programme Hann, thats a real achievement. re: the puke....it was probably due to a build up of lactic acid in your body, its produced by your muscles during exercise and normally the kidneys would deal with it, but too much quickly means your body has to get rid quick..so you throw up. The good news is that your muscles learn very quickly not to overproduce....so should not happen again!

JillyCornwall said:
Well done on the gym programme Hann, thats a real achievement. re: the puke....it was probably due to a build up of lactic acid in your body, its produced by your muscles during exercise and normally the kidneys would deal with it, but too much quickly means your body has to get rid quick..so you throw up. The good news is that your muscles learn very quickly not to overproduce....so should not happen again!

I went to the gym loads before now and did routines far more punishing than that, was very odd! But I have basically started at zero again, so maybe I took it too hard thought I could do more than I could lol xx

Leg day usually makes me sick its the exertion!! Not much else does

Take it slow next session with trainer you'll be fine :))

Admire your determination xxx

RebekahR said:
Leg day usually makes me sick its the exertion!! Not much else does

Take it slow next session with trainer you'll be fine :))

Admire your determination xxx

I think I was trying to impress the fella and took it too hard. He did say I did brilliantly though! I did an 8kmph run for two whole minutes, at 18 stone that's freakin scary lol xx

Your doing grand hun

I avoid the cardio room like the plague LOL

Sure future it sessions will be even more successful (and no vom!)

X

I think you should be proud of the puking it just shows how hard you were working. Good on you!!! :)

DustQueen said:
I think you should be proud of the puking it just shows how hard you were working. Good on you!!! :)

Yes I figured better that than not bothering lol. I think he was impressed if a lil grossed out lol. Gonna give his spin a go on Saturday and hopefully won't be sick.

Got a meeting with my new pt today, we're gonna go over everything and he'll suggest a diet and workouts to do. Am looking forward to it :D

hannata said:
Yes I figured better that than not bothering lol. I think he was impressed if a lil grossed out lol. Gonna give his spin a go on Saturday and hopefully won't be sick.

Got a meeting with my new pt today, we're gonna go over everything and he'll suggest a diet and workouts to do. Am looking forward to it :D

You're doing so brilliantly Han - I'm proud of you for puking lol!! :) xx

Oh I forgot my weigh in! Doh!

Sat 251.4
Sun 253.9 (+2.5 post up & gym) +2.5

Hope I get a bit of a whooshie sometime this week! The losses I'm having at the moment probably wouldn't get rid of that. I think I haven't been to the toilet in a few days, Saturday/Sunday seems to be my problem area.

And again I don't feel fatter, keep holding onto that fact :) my body could also be messing around with water retention after the vomiting session.. God only knows.

Still feeling positive anyway x

I mean the wee graph says it all. I've got lil ups all through it that seem to come down again pretty quickly xx

Attachments

• image-1045285026.jpg
    image-1045285026.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 41
hannata said:
Just noticed that I've done exactly 3 months today! Started on the 21st July! Whoop whoop xx

Wow!!! And you've done sooo brilliantly Hun - just think where you'll be in another 3 months time :-D xx

Team amaze balls knows how to eat ,,,, we also know how to starve though!!!

Whoop I officially love my personal trainer. He thinks adf is a great way to diet. Suggested doing 2 day a week carb detox, and said I've basically covered that in my fasting. He just said I need to go a lil lighter on the carbs on my up days (which is fair) and up the protein a lil more. He gave me props for being able to fast for 24 hrs, he said he could only ever manage 16, but then he has a very active job, and I don't.

He also said its better to eat your carbs at night, because if you eat them during the day your body is more insulin sensitive. And you can cause crashes by eating high carb early on in the day. So I'm gonna give eggs for breakfast a go and see how I get on. Need to look up some low carb breakfast ideas too, maybe some plain plain yoghurt and nuts might be nice! Oooh. :D I said to him I'd make the changes but they'll be gradual, like I'll start on the breakfast, then once I'm into doing it I'll move on to the lunch. He said dinner was pretty much fine, whatever I wanted. Carb myself to death and sleep it off at night lol

Really quite chuffed that he was supportive in this way of life. The last thing I wanted was to be chastised for an unhealthy diet. He did advise against exercise on a fast day which is probably fair, but I have 4 days a week that I can use the gym on, so it works out well. I can do small things on my fast days like having a walk or something.

I'm a very very happy bunny. I think he was also pleased that I was aware of 95% of the gym equipment and happy to use it. The only thing I don't want him to do with me is running. I need to do that myself and have control over how hard it is. Think that's what made me sick yesterday, pushed myself far too hard on the treadmill, on a speed faster than I normally run at and for double the length of time! He said he didn't really like doing much running and believed its not very good for heavier people like me and himself to do it a lot. (only of course hes heavy in muscular ness, and I'm just fat lol)

hannata said:
Whoop I officially love my personal trainer. He thinks adf is a great way to diet. Suggested doing 2 day a week carb detox, and said I've basically covered that in my fasting. He just said I need to go a lil lighter on the carbs on my up days (which is fair) and up the protein a lil more. He gave me props for being able to fast for 24 hrs, he said he could only ever manage 16, but then he has a very active job, and I don't.

He also said its better to eat your carbs at night, because if you eat them during the day your body is more insulin sensitive. And you can cause crashes by eating high carb early on in the day. So I'm gonna give eggs for breakfast a go and see how I get on. Need to look up some low carb breakfast ideas too, maybe some plain plain yoghurt and nuts might be nice! Oooh. :D I said to him I'd make the changes but they'll be gradual, like I'll start on the breakfast, then once I'm into doing it I'll move on to the lunch. He said dinner was pretty much fine, whatever I wanted. Carb myself to death and sleep it off at night lol

Really quite chuffed that he was supportive in this way of life. The last thing I wanted was to be chastised for an unhealthy diet. He did advise against exercise on a fast day which is probably fair, but I have 4 days a week that I can use the gym on, so it works out well. I can do small things on my fast days like having a walk or something.

I'm a very very happy bunny. I think he was also pleased that I was aware of 95% of the gym equipment and happy to use it. The only thing I don't want him to do with me is running. I need to do that myself and have control over how hard it is. Think that's what made me sick yesterday, pushed myself far too hard on the treadmill, on a speed faster than I normally run at and for double the length of time! He said he didn't really like doing much running and believed its not very good for heavier people like me and himself to do it a lot. (only of course hes heavy in muscular ness, and I'm just fat lol)

Oooh he sounds lovely... Is he hot too? Bonus if he is xx

Back