Hann's IF Diary - 7 months and counting :)

I'm trying to not set difficult targets so that I'll definitely achieve them. When I went to dieting classes I always set myself unrealistic targets and inevitably failed. 1lb a week is more than enough for me now. I feel bloody fantastic on this journey.

Just been at an immense gym sesh. Did legs today! Actually got running on the treadmill at 7.5kmph! Pretty chuffed with that! Lots of squatting and leg lifts, and did a few kettle bell swings to add a little mix. Sitting in the wee lounge room in fitness first enjoying a nice cuppa :) even nicer that it's free ;)

Was looking over my past 12 weigh ins and thinking how far I've come. Will post them up when I get home as I didn't bring my Filofax lol xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Han you sound totally bubbly and positive today :) it's lovely to read and "nearly" inspired me to exercise :eek: ;) - walking to and from the kettle counts, right? :D

Have a great day and more NSV's :) xx

Start 280
Week 1 - 271.8 - loss of 8.2 - 2 up 3 down (wasn't a full week)
Week 2 - 266.5 - loss of 5.3 - 4 ups 3 downs
Week 3 - 265.3 - loss of 1.2 - 3 ups, 1 int, 3 down
Week 4 - 263.2 - loss of 2.1 - 4 ups, 3 downs
Week 5 - 259.7 - loss of 3.5 - 4 ups, 3 downs
Week 6 - 262.7 - gain of 3 - 5 ups, 1 int, 1 down (had public hol as up and one down turned into an int as I had a dinner at pampered chef)
Week 7 - 261.9 - loss of 0.8 - 4 ups 3 downs
Week 8 - 263.1 - gain of 1.2 - started Hannah's way - had only 2 x 24 hr fasts and 1 x 12ish hr fast. Decided to start on Monday so didn't have my typical fast evening on Sunday - was having totm problems as well
Week 9 - 260.1 - loss of 3 - 3 x 24 hr fasts, 4 x 24 hr up
Week 10 - 254.9 - loss of 5.2 - 3x 24 hr fasts, 4 x 24 hr ups
Week 11 - 255.1 - gain of 0.2 - 3 x 24 hr fasts, 4 x 24 hr ups - possibly totm/tummy troubles
Week 12 - 253.1 - loss of 2 - 3x 24 hr fasts, 4 x 24 hr ups

Lost a total of 26.9 over 12 weeks, which is an average of 2.24 lbs a week :D

Edit: I had 500 cals on my full down days, and started fully fasting when I started hannahs way x

Last edited:
I did 2 DDDs this week to get into the 12s. Worked too.

Greeneyes11 said:
I did 2 DDDs this week to get into the 12s. Worked too.

Dunno if I'm brave enough to sandwich 2 DDs together. I'm still really overweight (BMI mid 30s) so really I have no reason not to lose at this point in time. Would possibly consider it if I did stall at a smaller weight. Would possibly do Sunday 5pm to Tuesday 5pm and Wednesday 5pm to Friday 5pm. Think I would go mental though ;) xx

Start 280
Week 1 - 271.8 - loss of 8.2 - 2 up 3 down (wasn't a full week)
Week 2 - 266.5 - loss of 5.3 - 4 ups 3 downs
Week 3 - 265.3 - loss of 1.2 - 3 ups, 1 int, 3 down
Week 4 - 263.2 - loss of 2.1 - 4 ups, 3 downs
Week 5 - 259.7 - loss of 3.5 - 4 ups, 3 downs
Week 6 - 262.7 - gain of 3 - 5 ups, 1 int, 1 down (had public hol as up and one down turned into an int as I had a dinner at pampered chef)
Week 7 - 261.9 - loss of 0.8 - 4 ups 3 downs
Week 8 - 263.1 - gain of 1.2 - started Hannah's way - had only 2 x 24 hr fasts and 1 x 12ish hr fast. Decided to start on Monday so didn't have my typical fast evening on Sunday - was having totm problems as well
Week 9 - 260.1 - loss of 3 - 3 x 24 hr fasts, 4 x 24 hr up
Week 10 - 254.9 - loss of 5.2 - 3x 24 hr fasts, 4 x 24 hr ups
Week 11 - 255.1 - gain of 0.2 - 3 x 24 hr fasts, 4 x 24 hr ups - possibly totm/tummy troubles
Week 12 - 253.1 - loss of 2 - 3x 24 hr fasts, 4 x 24 hr ups

Lost a total of 26.9 over 12 weeks, which is an average of 2.24 lbs a week :D

Edit: I had 500 cals on my full down days, and started fully fasting when I started hannahs way x

What a fantastic journey!! You have done brilliantly!!! When you see it laid out like that its pretty stunning, an average of over 2lbs a week loss on any diet would be pretty hard, but on one where you get to eat your fave foods 3 times or more a week is incredible!! I was hooked before, now even more so!:D
You are an inspiration Hann!

JillyCornwall said:
What a fantastic journey!! You have done brilliantly!!! When you see it laid out like that its pretty stunning, an average of over 2lbs a week loss on any diet would be pretty hard, but on one where you get to eat your fave foods 3 times or more a week is incredible!! I was hooked before, now even more so!:D
You are an inspiration Hann!

I know when you look at it like that it's great, and I did essentially have nearly one whole week off on the public holiday too...and I ate like a HORSE that week. Thought I would have had a stone on!! I am pretty obese, starting at 20 stone there's no reason why I shouldn't lose a good 2lb a week, however it's sticking to it for the whole 12 weeks that I had trouble with. It took very little to knock me on a traditional diet. If I had gained 3lb on ww or sw I would have been so pissed because I'd know how much suffering I had to go through just to recover that. Now I'm just like, back on track, it'll come off when it comes off. Juddd is just so easy to cope with as you just have to get through 1 day. Bit by bit, it all adds up and before you know it your at week 12 with nearly 2 stone off.

Genuinely think juddd is the diet made for me and I can say with confidence that I will get to target. Got about 6 ish stone to get near a normal BMI, so it'll take time but I'm happy. So so so happy. I have also cracked the diet and exercise synchronicity which I have NEVER been able to do, was usually great with exercise and eating around me, or really good with diet and forgetting I even had a gym membership heh

So so many nsvs I've had, the best one is that I've pretty much turned my life around. Honestly I'm so happy now that people think I'm insane. My dad told me that he thinks I'm a completely new person :) x

So so many nsvs I've had, the best one is that I've pretty much turned my life around. Honestly I'm so happy now that people think I'm insane. My dad told me that he thinks I'm a completely new person :) x

You're my inspiration, seriously your posts are amazing, the way you've embraced this lifestyle and how well it's working for you physically and psychologically, well it BEAMS through in your posts. The positivity is infectious, so keep it spreading!! xxx

alottolose said:
You're my inspiration, seriously your posts are amazing, the way you've embraced this lifestyle and how well it's working for you physically and psychologically, well it BEAMS through in your posts. The positivity is infectious, so keep it spreading!! xxx

I literally can't contain it, people think I'm insane!!! Xx

I think you have done brilliantly. You def don't need to do 2DDDs together as you are losing weight at a good rate.

Hannah, I've been doing the 'diet' your way for a week now. The 24 hr 5-5 so tolerable as you can look forward to eating something delicious soon. Well done you for the brain wave.. Better to lose slightly slower than hate it and not stick to it ( as we have all done before )
I'm a couple pounds down since last week I think ( according to scales ) tho my weight fluctuates soooooo much I'm trying to ignore scales and wait for things to looser..
Anyway, any tips Hannah very much appreciated!!

hannata said:
I literally can't contain it, people think I'm insane!!! Xx

That's a fab sort of insane tho. Your diary is like a fairy tale and if Juddd did a success of the year like Ww and Sw you would be the cover girl. For the weight loss and the psychological turnaround.l

spchappy said:
Hannah, I've been doing the 'diet' your way for a week now. The 24 hr 5-5 so tolerable as you can look forward to eating something delicious soon. Well done you for the brain wave.. Better to lose slightly slower than hate it and not stick to it ( as we have all done before )
I'm a couple pounds down since last week I think ( according to scales ) tho my weight fluctuates soooooo much I'm trying to ignore scales and wait for things to looser..
Anyway, any tips Hannah very much appreciated!!

I find having 3 good meals helps me. I don't count calories at all but I know that's not for everyone. I just have 3 meals and a treat in my 24hr up, and fast asides tea on 24 hr down. But I find after time my appetite has gone down significantly. I know my body is capable of better losses week to week but I'm happy not rocking the boat and making it too hard too soon. I don't count anything for a reason, the freedom allows me to plod along and keep at it. Like I've said before, I do allow my binge demon out for a walk in the park every now and then, but it's every fortnight, rather than daily.

I think the biggest thing you have to conquer when losing weight is your own self. I'd say don't be afraid to experiment and get it to work for you. I never thought I could fast completely but I love it! Don't fear if the scales are bad to you, I've had a few mystery gains but they righted themselves after a few weeks. I went for the majority of September losing nothing, and had a sudden drop in the last week! And focus on the nsv's! They're so important! Sometimes the scales are mean but the clothes are kind. X

halfangelhalftart said:
That's a fab sort of insane tho. Your diary is like a fairy tale and if Juddd did a success of the year like Ww and Sw you would be the cover girl. For the weight loss and the psychological turnaround.l

Aw that's such a kind thing to say. I have a before picture and will post after WHEN I get to goal :D

I knew after the first couple of weeks that this was for me. By week 6/7 I had the confidence to change it around and make juddd work for me, now it's like second nature x

Back