Hann's IF Diary - 7 months and counting :)

Feel like I've taken a step back diet wise after I was sick. Feeling like I have to eat lots again on an up. Think the lack of exercise with me being sick has put my dependence back on food.

Hopefully will get back into the swing of it before too long. Coulda been worse.. Normally a sickness like that would have knocked me off diet totally but I managed to just about stick to it and I'm still going... Phew!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Know what you mean I think, Han. Being sick really knocks you for six, and it's so easy to go "ah feck it" and slip back into old ways (sure everyone has done it). Think you've done fantastically to keep things as logical as you have, and just shows how much JUDDD and gym and everything really has changed your life that you're still with it. :) I know that you'll be doing all the awesome stuff you do so well again as second nature in no time. You're amazing Han, and I know you'll do it. :) x

I wanted to do my total workout in under 30minutes, and I did, just. Didn't beat my efficiency from last time but I did upgrade the weights.

For anyone that's interested this is my workout plan:

All of these are done in a circuit style. Start off doing 10 reps of each one in the order they feature, then 12, then 15. Total of 37 for each, and 37 each side for the last one

Kettlebell 2 handed swing - 8kg
Trx (suspension) rotational row - body weight
Vipr clean & press - 12kg
Kettlebell alternate hand swings - 8kg
Trx (suspension) reverse lunge and row - body weight
Vipr squat up & chop left and right side - 6kg

A vipr is a log style weight with handles in it. A kettlebell is a weight much like a dumbbell, just shaped differently. Trx is basically straps on a massive A frame. You stand on the floor and hold on to the straps, and pull your weight up/down in various ways.

On Tuesday I did this but with a 10kg vipr for the clean and press, managed it in 28:33 mins, did this routine with the 12kg in 29:42. Wanted to get sub 30. So very pleased that I managed to do that :)

To measure my progress I multiply reps x weight (in the case of the trx ones I just quarter my weight) and divide by time. Tuesday's session was 115.8kg per minute and today was 113.8 kg per minute. So not bettering that but I did just want to keep to the sub 30 minutes. Might think about increasing my kb weight after I get nice and efficient at what I'm doing now... Or maybe up the squat up and chop. It's a mad exercise, like a farmers throw, squat down to lift the log,swing it up to opposing shoulder and stretch the holding arm as far as possible (as if you were going to backflip it over your shoulder) then down to a squat again. so it is a light weight compared to the rest..

I'm still struggling with my lingering chest infection, having to stop for longer breaks between sets that I'd like!!! And my hr was sky high, averaged 170 over 30 mins which is literally insane! I looked down and saw it was 185 at one point! Eek! The thing bleeps when it goes over a the fat burn zone ( it's like 170s) and it was pretty much bleeping constantly....yay!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

And my butt feels like its made of concrete right at this moment!!!!!

Hehe mine too, damn jumping squats!
Well done today babe, crossing my fingers and tors for u for tomoz xxx

Ditto what Deb and derby nanny said. We want our bodies to work like clockwork on a week to week basis but unfortunately our bodies have other ideas. I bet you will see a big whoosh next week - this is the point where many would give up but you just need to hang in there!

I woke up feeling like a total bag of **** today, like this sickness has come back again :( then the scales didn't help my mood.

Blaaaaaaaaaaaah nearly 4lbs on in two weeeeeeks :(

Ok I'm over it now..

Need to get on and kick some ass. I definitely feel like I've gotten slimmer, if anything definitely no fatter! Just a frustrating point for me :( I'm not giving up or anything, this is the result of a minor setback (a justified one but still a setback) so if I let it go again I will be in a worse place!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Bodies are weird. Focus on what you've achieved and how much more in control you feel x

Week 20

Fri 30/11 251.8
Sat 1/12 249.5 (-2.3)

I had a sneaky peak, couldn't resist!!!! :(

For the remainder of this week I am NOT going to weigh in. My next weigh in will be on Friday morning!!!!! Naughty Hannah!

Going to allow myself only one sneaky peak during the week!

Actually no I'm going to make my weigh ins on Saturday again so I'm not weighing for an entire week....

Last edited:
Week 20

Fri 30/11 251.8
Sat 1/12 249.5 (-2.3)

I had a sneaky peak, couldn't resist!!!! :(

For the remainder of this week I am NOT going to weigh in. My next weigh in will be on Friday morning!!!!! Naughty Hannah!

Going to allow myself only one sneaky peak during the week!

Actually no I'm going to make my weigh ins on Saturday again so I'm not weighing for an entire week....

I was going to reply to you not to worry about your Friday WI as you had done a hard work out the previous day or so, which meant your muscles needed to retain water to heal..and this would soon be released..but you now know that as you beat me to it & had a sneaky WI..and have found that out for yourself....which is exactly why..too frequent.WI's are nearly always can negative..not positive..as they rely on exactly the right time/conditions/body cycle:)

Yeah I think with the nature of my training changing very suddenly, going from a cardiovascular to weight training, it has changed how my body retains fluid. Normally a good cardio session wouldve flushed out my retention, but it seems the heavy going training I'm doing is doing the opposite. I think Saturday would probably be a better day to weigh in every week based on that.

So I'll stick to 2 days a week, and I'm gonna be strict on it now, just monday and Saturday! No more of this obsessive nonsense. Just needed to decide a routine that I'm happy with for weighing. On Monday, I know what damage I've done over the weekend ups, and on Saturday I'll know how much I've recovered. The two important elements of my routine, not going mental on the weekend and making sure I'm doing enough through the week to recover that.

Back