happy being fat?

Personally I can't believe ANYBODY is happy being fat deep down. Are you sure your friend isn't putting a front on because she feels she doesn't have the self discipline to make changes to her lifestyle?

Hi,

Thanks for your comment. I dont think that anyone can be happy deep down either.

With my friend I think you may be right... but I cannot even mention the issue anymore. If I suggest getting a sandwich for lunch, she will want sausages and chips. It is nearly like she is always trying to show me she doesnt care about a healthy diet.

A couple of months ago I found out she had been going to a fitness class, but she hid this from me??

If I mention healthy eating she rolls her eyes and wont speak. Its very frustrating, thats why when I started Lipotrim i decided not to tell her! lol

Good luck with your weight loss - and yes the dreaded takeways - thats what happened to me also - i ate them way toooo much! lol

xxx

I think you can 'accept' being fat in the same way as you might accept you have a big nose! So you could have surgery for a smaller nose but if you choose not to, then you have to accept yourself as you are. Doesn't mean you like seeing your nose in the mirror or in photos but its you - so you get on with it. I think thats how I am about my weight, I could diet, strictly for long enough to be thin, but I don't; so the plump(ok, fat) person who looks back at me from the mirror is what I accept. If I could take a magic pill that made me a size 12-14 i would. Anything harder than that, after 30 years of struggling, no. For my own peace of mind I have to stop chasing the slim dream. I have been to my GP to discuss my weight and she has said that being my weight is not a health risk as I do not smoke, I have low blood pressure, my cholesterol is low and I have no genetic risk patterns and live an active life. That made me make the no more diet decision - its not how everyone would look at it but it is how I feel.

I've always been fat and hated every minute of it. I'm quite a shy and reserved person so that made me a very easy target. I lost some weight when I was 16 and was really happy about it, then met my BF and comfort set in so sat in and ate crap and ballooned again. Was really miserable about myself and even tho BF says "you look nice" I dont feel it so 3stone lighter when he says it I believe him!

A girl who I work with who is a bit bigger than what I started at but shorter is intrigued by LT but will never start it as she loves her food too much. Her and her BF drive for local chinese every fri and sat so she has chinese at least twice a week, greggs pasties for lunch and god knows what else inbetween and wonders when she gets kidney infections and diahorrea!

look at it this way...when we normal folk look at a slim woman we automatically think she is happy and has life sorted....it wrks both ways!!!! we desire to be slim as we think it will make us happy but in reality you will still be the same just thinner.......we think thin=success and thats a load of bollox.....

295360429a4259b2226as5.jpg
br54722202vliv01.jpg
157510903.png

Gaz, It'll be hard to not wear a suit but here are a few choices that look good with Tan shoes. Personally I love the idea of new dark blue jeans with a smart shirt(white with some tan in it maybe) ...Very sexy. otherwise the blue suit with tan belt to match looks gorg. xx:D

Last edited:
Have to agree about Gaz and the suit!
Great thread Julz, i too cant really believe that people can be happy about being fat although my oh is overweight and it doesnt remotely bother him xx

Took my daughter to Alton Towers yesterday and a guy got turned away from the ride after he tried a few different seats in front of everybody he wasnt allowed on. how bad is that now he cant have been happy about being fat as he missed out on rides and a good time with friends.

Ouch - i can imagine that hurt and was a humilating experience. You seem to be flying through your weight loss... a stone gone already... you should have told the guy about LT! lol x

Mmmmm I like that suit as well, but they always look good on tall people I willlook out for one

or a sexy black shirt!! x

Hi,

I would like to get your opinion on the subject - Do you believe fat people are really happy with being fat?

I reckon you are a good bunch of people to ask this to as everyone here is fat or has been fat!

I personally dont believe that fat people are happy being fat and that anyone who says they are happy and they dont want to loose weight is just hiding their true feelings.

My friend is over weight, she doesnt know Im on LT as she hates it when I even mention loosing weight. She thinks flat stomachs are gross and thin people are disgusting. She says she is happy being fat.

This subject is ruining our friendship now as we have 2 completley different views on this subject.

I do have a problem believing her, and I have been on other forums where fat people are rejoicing in the fact they fat... I dont get it. I was wondering if anyone here can shed any light on this subject for me?

Are there people who genuinely love being fat? Or are they just in a stage of denial?

:confused:
BIG FAT NO!!!!!! I think its just a front as they feel as tho they cant lose weight!! or cant be assed x

cant be arsed probably lol xx

I think fat people can be happy, but no one can be happy about being fat. Your friend sounds really messed up, and like she's not even a true friend of yours-why would she get you to eat chips with her and then not mention a fitness class? That shows me that she's not happy. She probably thinks she can't lose weight.

I guess there have been times when i've been fat and happy.

Times i've been happy is when i've texted my husband in the day to say i wasn't cooking tea as we were having a chinese banquet (also KFC's family buckets, huge sunday roasts etc), and all day i'd be excited about having it and happy, and upon arriving at the house i'd be happy, i'd be happy and excited when it was in front of me, i'd be happy eating it, i'd feel full and satified for about 2 hours after.

These would be the only times when i was happy being fat.

But then:-

looking in the mirror i'd be unhappy.

getting ready for a big girls night out, i'd be unhappy.

going clothes shopping, i'd be unhappy.

seeing an old friend across a supermarket who i haden't seen in years, and then avoiding them because i was fat, i'd be unhappy.

wanting to go swimming with my little girl, i'd be UNHAPPY.

wanting to have the energy to run around a park all day with my daughter, i'd be unhappy (and out of breath).

really wanting to go on my husbands christmas works nights out, but being too fat, and not going because i didn't want to embarrass him, i'd be unhappy about.

But food made me happy, being fat doesn't make me happy, but eating junk food did.

I know i have to look back at this i've just wrote, and realise that all the things i've put that make me unhappy, far outweigh the reasons for being happy.

I have never been slim. NEVER.. i dont know what it feels like to get into a size 10/12 in my teens or 20's. I have been happy my whole life. Or so i thought. i was happy about getting to uni, passing exams, having a boyfriend, but i could never say i was happy about my weight.
It has only been in the last few years that i have really noticed that after achieving so much, there is this thing that i cant control. i cant buy the clothes i want cos my thighs are too big, i constantly wear black, even to weddings, if i forget something whilst getting ready at a friends house, i cant borrow anything, i sweat just walking to the shops. I tell myself its cos i am exercising, but its cos i am fat. This never make me feel happy.

So to be frank, despite those that say they are happy with being fat, the negative aspects of being fat ,always outweigh the benefits (which only has one-eating everything you want). Maybe your friend, is happy being fat cos she feels thats all she can be. alot of losing weight has to do with believing in yourself and that you can do it..even if you have a bad day!
It sounds strange, but i am actually scared to be slim, cos i have never been like that and i wonder how people will react to me. I know how they react to me being fat and i know how to deal with it ( the looks, the comments) i can handle those. But what if people say wow, u lost so much weight you were so big before!! scarry!!

A confused ramble.. but i am not happy being fat... thats why on day 2 of Lipotrim and the first day feeling like hell, its the beginning of a new way of life - i believe i can do it!!

I used to be extensively overweight but I would not say I was unhappy - the reason I decided to drop the extra was for health reasons. Yes, I would not have minded being thinner when I was fat but I had a lot of friends that were in a similar position to me and due to this it did not affect me much. It depends on the situation, I guess :)

I was unhappy being fat. I guess it matters more at my age (17) because you get bullied at school etc. (Though I never was, I was bullied for being good at maths instead :p)

I yoyoed between exercise (because I couldn't give up food) and dieting (because I can't be bothered to exercise) hehe.
But I've never been happy about being fat.

Guenevere hit the nail on the head with 'I think fat people can be happy, but no one can be happy about being fat.'

Because I was happy, but I wasn't happy with my weight, if that makes sense.
I love my body more and more each week :D

I have always been a happy person (my sister always says life is too short to be miserable) but I have never been happy about being fat.

From the age of about 14 I have been aware of being bigger than most even though I wasn't overweight. I don't think I have ever been less than a size 14 but thought of myself as big, tbh mainly coz my mum is obsessed by weight and I had 2 skinny sisters (still do!).

I have always hated being bigger as I feel I have been treated differently by others. If I could wave a wand and make me a size 12 then I would.

I finally decided to do something about my weight for health reasons but by then I had put on so much weight that I didn't recognise the person in the mirror - well I wouldn't have if I allowed any full length mirrors in the house!!!!

I'm guilty of what I have encountered myself coz I have never known why some people choose to poison themselves by smoking but then I have never smoked!

I do think that those obese people who say they are happy being fat haven't really acknowledged what they are doing to their body or their life span, but then, do smokers, junkies or drinkers?

Julz, your friend obviously does care otherwise she wouldn't do exercise without telling you. Sometimes you have to let people find their own way and just be there to support them. Of course she could be just like me - bally stubborn!!! My mum used to nag me about my weight all the time but I would just do the opposite to spite her - didn't realise the only person I was punishing was me!!!!

Sorry, it's late and I've just realised I haven't had my last shake so this post is probably a load of tosh (I wanted to say bo**ocks but I'm too polite!!!! Lol!!!)

x

Back