Happyhealthy: Before, after pictures and thoughts as I approach goal :)

WOW, what an amazign inspiration you are!!

You were so pretty before and even more attractive now. Bet you feel a million dollars now :D You sure deserve too.

Thanks so much Hayley! What a lovely time to say :) Best of luck with your weight loss too - remember I'm always here if you need someone to talk to.

Well done you - with your positive attitude I bet you go on to rulle the world!

Why thank you so much! Though I think if I ruled the world there would be mass riots :D

Thanks again for your support, it means a lot :)

Thanks so much Hayley! What a lovely time to say :) Best of luck with your weight loss too - remember I'm always here if you need someone to talk to.

Thank you very much :D

I've just read your message lucysmommy - thank you so much! :D I'm not really a proper inspiration, just someone who got off their ass and done something about it!

Thing is HH, we need people who are just like us to be inspiring and you just did it, and THAT is the inspiring thing! So don't knock yourself, you are an inspiration!

Wow, Lucy. You are amazing!

I read your post with tears in my eyes, you've done SO well to get this far and my GOD you look incredible! :D

I too am around 5ft1 - 5ft2 and also weigh 179lbs (the same as you when you started!)
So your story really struck a chord in me. I too have always been 'chunky' and struggled with my weight. I LOVE food and although don't eat too unhealthily, I can't get enough of it. I am a real food-a-holic!

About 6 years ago (i am 25 now) I was at a reasonable weight of about 10stone, and was a size 12 in clothes (I am now a 16) and this was simply due to my job at the time, having just come out of school I was doing a physical 'leafleting' job, which helped me stableize my weight.

Since then however, I met my other half, moved in with him and became 'comfortable'! as I am sure a lot of women can relate to! And slowly but surely I've piled on the weight and now weigh nearly 13 stone.

I started this diet only 7 days ago, and am still really struggling, but reading stories like yours are helping loads! YOU are my inspiration!

How long did it take you (if you can remember) to really get into the swing of things, i.e. - to totally stop feeling hunger and desperately craving food? Also, how many lbs did you loose in your first couple of weeks, as so far I have only lost 4lbs!

Lots of love & support,
Jess
x

Wow, Lucy. You are amazing!

I read your post with tears in my eyes, you've done SO well to get this far and my GOD you look incredible! :D

I too am around 5ft1 - 5ft2 and also weigh 179lbs (the same as you when you started!)
So your story really struck a chord in me. I too have always been 'chunky' and struggled with my weight. I LOVE food and although don't eat too unhealthily, I can't get enough of it. I am a real food-a-holic!

About 6 years ago (i am 25 now) I was at a reasonable weight of about 10stone, and was a size 12 in clothes (I am now a 16) and this was simply due to my job at the time, having just come out of school I was doing a physical 'leafleting' job, which helped me stableize my weight.

Since then however, I met my other half, moved in with him and became 'comfortable'! as I am sure a lot of women can relate to! And slowly but surely I've piled on the weight and now weigh nearly 13 stone.

I started this diet only 7 days ago, and am still really struggling, but reading stories like yours are helping loads! YOU are my inspiration!

How long did it take you (if you can remember) to really get into the swing of things, i.e. - to totally stop feeling hunger and desperately craving food? Also, how many lbs did you loose in your first couple of weeks, as so far I have only lost 4lbs!

Lots of love & support,
Jess
x

Thank you my dear! I've got a hugeee smile on my face from your post :D I think the lesson I really wanted people to get from this thread is that you CAN do it. I spent years and years telling myself "I will start dieting tomorrow" and I never happened, not once until the day described in my original post. The hardest part is getting motivation to get started and keep going. I spent years thinking that I'd need someone like my mum, a friend, a boyfriend to spur me into action, but it dawned on me that the only person I could count on to get started and keep going was myself. These people will try to help, but they won't be the people day in day out who have to make the healthy choices, say no to people forcing food upon them, resist the second piece of birthday cake and counting the calories like there's no tomorrow. The only person who can do this is yourself, so that's why YOU need to be your own inspiration, and most importantly, your own motivation.

You're so like me then, I never really eat unhealthy. I always ate good food, just too much of it. I would come home from school and think a huge bowl of cheesy pasta and a pudding was a 'normal' dinner. Then a supper at night. But I now know that it's not. Of course I'm far too set in my ways not to have a supper, I still have a supper at about 9pm, but now it's apple and yogurt and not cheese on toast like it was before.

I remember exactly how long it took me to get into the swing of things! 5 months lol! The first 5 months I did really well stuck to my plan, but if anyone offered me a chocolate bar or a slab of cake I would of happily eaten it. Now if someone offeres me chocolate I don't even think about saying no. I'm a great believer that if you want something like say chocolate, you can have it, but just not everyday. But the reason why I say no to chocolate now is because I'd much rather have an apple instead. A year ago I would of laughed in your face if you said I'd be sitting here telling you that I honestly preferred apples over chocolate, but my body is now used to healthy, clean foods and it seems to not be attracted to junk at all. I had to train my body to get to this state though, it wasn't easy, but I got there. You've got to have a steely determination, but trust me when you get there it'll be worth the world.

I remember when I first started losing weight I lost 7lb in 21 days, so that's just over 2lb a week. That was just at the start though. I worked out that I lost on average 1.75lb a week, and that was with me aiming for 2lb a week. When your body gets smaller the weight is harder to shift. It took me 7 months to the day to get to 8 stone, and that was with me having about 10-15 nights off for parties, dinner etc.

I'm not very good at explaining things, so if you've got any questions at all just ask. The link to my diary is in my signature and you can ask questions galore there. No matter how small you think they are. I had nobody to ask questions to in the beginning so I know how it feels. That's what I'm here for. Good luck babe, please at least come back and let me know how you're getting on :) xx

Everyone else has said it already, but this really was an inspirational and thoughtful post, thank you for sharing your reflections with us all! You've done so well and it's been through your own determination. What a brilliant way to turn your life around!

Everyone else has said it already, but this really was an inspirational and thoughtful post, thank you for sharing your reflections with us all! You've done so well and it's been through your own determination. What a brilliant way to turn your life around!

Thank you for ing the time to come here and wrote such a lovely reply. It means a lot. And I've told you many time that's you're doing fantastic and I'm going to be keeping an eye on your diary to make sure you keep on at it and give you a kick in the him if I see you slipping lol :)

wow well done, i dream of that new body you have, that lovely small waist. Im physicaly bigger than you, bein 5ft 9 so dont think ill ever get a waist that small, but after reading your post, im gunna have a damn good go trying lol ive lost 5 stone so far, not sure my goal of another 2ish stone are realistic, but i can decide that on the way :)

you look fab x

Thank you so much :) I've got a 26.5 inch waist, which is * technically* a size 8, but with vanity sizing and what not it's more like a 6.

I think a six 6 at 5'9 is to low to aim for, but if you can get it in neat proportion to the rest of your body. For example, you could have a similar looking waist at 30 inches because of your height, does that make sense? Good luck to you, come back and let me know how you get on please. All the best xx

i had a 42 inch waist when i started out 2 years ago, its now around a 32ish, god damn i wish i could have a 26inch waist lol

im probably aimin for a size 12ish x

Wow such an inspiring story! I wish I could say I was still 179 lbs let alone the weight you are now! I was around 178 for a long time after gaining from 133. In LESS than 12 months I've gained 41 lbs and I'm in complete shock at what I've become. I went on Exante but had to stop as of today due to health reasons - I'll be calorie counting like you did. Thanks for inspiring me - just what I needed to read today! You're gorgeous! And look at your teeny tiny waist! :p

Lucy, I'm on Minimins so much from my phone that I sometimes forget that I haven't actually commented on some things. Just wanted to say well done. You've done remarkably well and should be really proud of yourself :) I know you spend a lot of time here as a mini-cheerleader for the rest of us which we appreciate so much but I do feel that you should take some time for yourself too and recognise how far you have come personally. You have achieved something brilliant and that shows both in your weight loss and your greater self-esteem. Be proud of yourself hon, you deserve to enjoy this moment that marks the start of the rest of your life.

Hi Lucy,

Love your posts - you should be so proud of yourself for what you have achieved! I'm immensely jealous (in a good way, not a pyscho I now want to kill you way!)

I'm going to be starting calorie counting (again) on Monday, a month before my 22nd bday. I only have around a stone to lose to get to where I want, (I realise that I won't make goal by my birthday) but hopefully once at goal I should have a body like yours! Like you I am very small (5ft) and its good to see someone else who is so small make such a difference to themselves!

I was just wondering, although I expect you have probably posted this elsewhere already, if you could give me an outline of what you were eating whilst calorie counting? And how many calories did you eat a day? Did you do much exercise?

Sorry for all the questions, but I really want to succeed this time and seeing as we are of similar stats I thought you may be able to give me some help!

Thanks xxx

You look amazing - well done :)

Hi HH, I have read through all of your diary and what can I say, apart from echo everyone else and say what a truly inspiring young lady you are??!!

My 21 year old daughter has been struggling (like me) to re-lose all the weight we lost 2 years ago and I sent her your link. She was also blown away by you and your story.

You are such a beautiful and intelligent girl and I take my hat off to you.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful success story.

xxx

Back