Cruise PP Harley's Dukan Diary

Mostly for lunch I just have a tin of tuna and add veg on pp days (cherry toms, celery, cue). I'm trying to branch out a bit though.

Hello again everyone. Gosh thanks for all of that advice! I can see why these places really keep people motivated. Well you'll be glad to hear that I'm still OK with cold meats, had some sliced beef and cottage cheese for lunch today and some beef mince with chilli powder and more cottage cheese for dinner. I tend to walk to and from work each day, about 25 minutes each way, so I'm hoping that is sufficient to cover the exercise bit at the moment. Sadly, I'm not a big fan of fish which is a shame because tuna would be perfect for a lunch.

I weighed myself this morning and was shocked to see the scales dropping to 11st 13lbs. I know I didn't get to eat yesterday but is that normal? Obviously that's motivating but it's also a bit dramatic!

Night everyone, and thank you once again.

Yay, I get to upload an avatar. I would upload one of myself but I really don't feel confident enough at the moment. So, I hope no-one minds if I use the wonderful and beautiful Marylin, one of my idols!

Good night everyone.

Hmm. Feeling a bit down today. After dropping to 11st 13lbs the other day, my weigh in this morning for the end of Attack is 12st 1lbs. A loss of just 4lbs for 5 days on Attack, not 6lbs afterall.

I really thought Attack would deliver more than that. I won't give up but I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed. :(

Don't be disheartened, I lost less than that in my first week, so it's a great loss.

Also, the slower it comes off, the slower (in theory) it would go back on, so slow is good:)!

Definitely don't give up!

How are you doing?

I would agree - don't give up. I fluctuate all over the place during the week and lose anything between 4 (not very often) and nothing! 4 lbs on Attack is great. The diet isn't a miracle 'lose shedloads of weight in a very short time solution' - nothing is - but steady determination pays off in the end. 4 pounds is 4 pounds in the right direction, and you may catch up with the other two pounds and some more next week. I want to see that glass of yours half full, and not half empty!

Hi Joanne. Well I think I'm doing OK but, (and I hate to bring it up) the "transit" issues I am having are making me feel awful. My stomach is really bloating and I know that I am putting more food in than is going out. I am wondering if this if affecting my weight on the scales too? Any advice from anyone on how to get things moving regularly would be most appreciated!

Rhubarb on PV days is a good way (or 100g only on PP days)... otherwise, glass of cold water first thing sometimes helps.

What PP/PV rhythm are you doing? He recommends 1/1 these days, contrary to whatever the book says (an amended translation of a French book written a few years ago now...). Also wheatbran can be added. In France, from day 1, we have 1 tablespoon of wheatbran with our oatbran. It gives a lovely nutty flavour to the galette/muffins/bread or whatever you do with your oatbran!

Why not join in our menu thread and we can see what you're eating. I presume you're eating some leafy greenery on PV days (and not just adding, say, a tomato as I sometimes see...)...

But lastly most of us would agree that we just don't "go" as regularly as before, because we're not eating as much fibre...

oh and as for "hating to bring it up", it's often one of the first subjects of conversation, so you are now officially integrated!!!!

Hey Vicky?!

Hahaha oh well glad i'm part of the gang then. I confess, on PV day I have been making chilli, with tomatoes. I have had a salad or two but tomato seems t be the easiest option as you can store it in the cupboard too. I'll try to eat more salad then. Or maybe some broccoli or cabbage? With baked chicken or something, that might be nice. I'm off to think about those menus and might head to the menu thread too. Merci! :)

Things going well, no cheating, feeling very good about the control I have over my hunger too. Unfortunately it's TOTM as of today (I knew the weight loss didn't see right!) and I know my body loves holding onto water at this time. Will probably weigh in on Wednesday or Thursday when he worst is over. Night all! :)

Glad you're still sticking at it Harley... take care

Oh I haven't updated this in a while! Well, still powering through but weight is STILL 11st 12lbs!!! I promise I have been a saint and I can't work out why things are not moving. I would say that my jeans are a tad looser but now I'm starting to think I'm imagining it. Must say, not going to the loo as often and am very aware of the fact that every time i put food in, it's adding to what's already there! Have I just hit a wall? Any advice would be appreciated!

I sometimes stay the same despite being really good and find it frustrating when others seem to have the odd naughty and still lose. My advice would to not be disheartened and hang on in there. Also check you're not having anything too salty (ham or bacon) or yoghurts with hidden sugar, or too much yoghurt. I think Dr Dudu advises upping the exercise and decreasing the dairy to overcome a plateau.

Last edited:
Exercise seems like the way to go. I might cut back on the skinny lattes too ;) Exercise can be daunting for me because of how unfit I am more than how self conscious I would feel. I was thinking of getting the Active2 thing for the PlayStation. Or a cross-trainer for the house. I am a stranger to exercise really so it might be the very thing to get things moving!

I'd also advise posting your menus next year... you never know!

Back