Harriet's Food Diary - looking for tips on low syn meals and snacks

Harrietcc

I am a newbie on here so I don't know if this is how its done but here we are....

So as of Monday, I will be back on Slimming World full time, I know I can do it and I know it can work. Just looking for some friendly people to help me along the way.

I will be going to do my weekly shop tomorrow, and I am looking for ideas of low syn snacks/meals and things that are quick and easy to cook. Often I am cooking just for one person, or needing to take my food to college. So if anyone has any handy tips please let me know.

I am currently 14 stone, but I would like to get back down to a healthy weight of 11.5-12st. My first target will be 13st.

If anyone has any good ideas please let me know, or if you are just looking for some support. Good Luck All xx

So today is my first day back on slimming world and I am off to fairly good start I think, mushroom and bacon (fat trimmed) omelette with a side of grilled tomatoes for breakfast, all using fry light of course. For lunch I have planned a jacket potato with tuna and prawns and sweetcorn, perhaps some quark, and for dinner lean pork chops with a pile of veggies.

For my Healthy Extras I am going to have them as my 'snacks' today to avoid syns, so that will be two alpen light bars and three babybel lights.

I spent last night looking at motivational pictures and thinking about what I would be able to wear when I lose the weight and I am more determined than ever! Wish me luck.

So yesterday was a very good first day!

Breakfast - Mushroom and bacon omelette with a side of cherry tomatoes.
Lunch - Jacket Potato with Tuna (1 teaspoon lurpack lightest 1 syn, 1 tablespoon extra light mayo 2 syns)
Dinner - 2 chicken breasts with a huge pile of mixed vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, sweetcorn, carrots)

With my dinner I made my own BBQ sauce using Quark, tomato puree, worcester sauce, tobasco and sweetner, just to liven the meal up a bit.

For my Healthy Extras I had 3 x mini babybel light, 2 x alpen light bars, but I only got around to eating one of the alpen bars. I also had a couple of free Muller Light yogurts throughout the day.

I did make one mistake in the morning, automatically pouring myself some innocent smoothie which knocked up 6/7 syns straight away. So in total I had 9/10 syns. Which is not other the limit but was a bit of a waste of syns in my opinion.

Today has been another good day so far!

Breakfast was another mushroom and bacon omelette. I had a free muller light mid morning for a snack. Lunch was jacket potato with tuna, prawns, sweetcorn with a homemade quark sauce. (quark, tomato puree, garlic puree, dill, tobasco and chill). I also allowed myself two teaspoons of lurpack lightest. I am having the babybels and alpen light again for the healthy extras.

For dinner I am planning lean pork chops and stirfry chinese noodles which I believe will be free :)

Hi just popping in to subscribe and wish you luck, your food looks fine to me honey! Pop in and have a look at mine if you want see if anything takes your fancy! I did sw from home a couple years ago and lost 2 stone but put it all back on again after my 2nd child soooo here i am again! around 5 stone to lose but this time i am attending a group hoping that might keep me motivated, we shall see! xxx

Hi I put my diaries on here too. Good luck with your journey. Feel free to look at my diaries too

Hi just popping in to subscribe and wish you luck, your food looks fine to me honey! Pop in and have a look at mine if you want see if anything takes your fancy! I did sw from home a couple years ago and lost 2 stone but put it all back on again after my 2nd child soooo here i am again! around 5 stone to lose but this time i am attending a group hoping that might keep me motivated, we shall see! xxx

Good luck!! I'll take a look xx

So just had my dinner of lean pork chops and Chinese noodles! Was amazing and completely free! Although I have allowed a couple of syns invade there was any fat lurking in those pork chops! I could quite easily eat those everyday I reckon!! Now going to indulge in a nice yogurt and my last alpen bar of the day xx

So just had my dinner of lean pork chops and Chinese noodles! Was amazing and completely free! Although I have allowed a couple of syns invade there was any fat lurking in those pork chops! I could quite easily eat those everyday I reckon!! Now going to indulge in a nice yogurt and my last alpen bar of the day xx

Have you tried pork fillet? i use it all the time in stirfrys it is so nice and not too expensive either, plus there is very little fat to cut off if any! xxx

Have you tried pork fillet? i use it all the time in stirfrys it is so nice and not too expensive either, plus there is very little fat to cut off if any! xxx

No I havent tried that but I will take a look on my next shop!! Xx

So woke up this morning and didn't fancy an omelette and didn't want to use my healthy extras so I've ended up with four rashers of bacon (fat trimmed) and a muller light. I'm going out for lunch today so going to see what free foods I can find on the menu xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app

Yesterday was a bit of a tough day, I went out for lunch and for starter I had prawns and asked for no oil, no bread, no butter. They were lovely. For main I had pasta with prawns again no oil and no cheese. So I think that was quite good. Then in the evening I unexpectedly went out for tea at harvester, I had half spit roast chicken wither firecracker sauce peas and jacket potato. Again all with no butter. I had a side of corn on the cob, and I went to the salad bar. Up until then I had used no syns, so I allocated my 10 syns to that meal for the sauce, dressing, and any lurking oil etc. but I think my choices were ok. After my meal I was real craving a sweet treat so had a Turkish delight yogurt instead.

This morning I have had two slices of hovis nimble with marmite (1.5 syns lurpack) and two aldi fat free yogurts.

I also went for an hour long walk yesterday so hopefully that has helped xx

Well yesterday I was feeling really bad by 4pm, so on my way home I bought some Chicken thighs (boneless and skinless). Whe n I gt it I boiled them and had them with a bachelors deli box which is 2 syns.

Today for breakfast I ad my usual mushroom and bacon omelette, I had it quite late so haven't had lunch yet.

I am debating about dinner, normally Friday is takeaway day. What can I eat that is tasty and will stop my craving for takeaway?? X

Well yesterday I was feeling really bad by 4pm, so on my way home I bought some Chicken thighs (boneless and skinless). Whe n I gt it I boiled them and had them with a bachelors deli box which is 2 syns.

Today for breakfast I ad my usual mushroom and bacon omelette, I had it quite late so haven't had lunch yet.

I am debating about dinner, normally Friday is takeaway day. What can I eat that is tasty and will stop my craving for takeaway?? X

You could make your own 'takeaway' thats what i do, i am pre making our 'takeaway' tonight to have tomorrow night so that i don't have to cook. you could have pizza, curry, chinese anything that takes you fancy, if you let me know what you like i can get you a recipe for something good. i am making honey chilli chicken for tomorrow and will have that with noodles! xxx

You could make your own 'takeaway' thats what i do, i am pre making our 'takeaway' tonight to have tomorrow night so that i don't have to cook. you could have pizza, curry, chinese anything that takes you fancy, if you let me know what you like i can get you a recipe for something good. i am making honey chilli chicken for tomorrow and will have that with noodles! xxx

The honey chilli chicken sounds great, where did you find the recipe? Also is there a low syn recipe for pizza??? Because if there is I NEED it in my life lol.....

Last night I ended up having chicken breast wrapped in bacon with free BBQ sauce, some melted cheese (Healthy Extra) and some free chips and beans which was really nice and didnt feel like a 'diet' meal! I am heading to asda this afternoon to stock up on essentials, fresh veg and stuff, and I am going to be looking for something nice for tea tonight. Im going to take a flick through my 'Free Branded Foods' before I go see if anything takes my fancy.

I'm going to look for a chicken satay recipe and see if they can be made free as I love them so much.

Hope you enjoy your 'takeaway' tonight :) xx

make extra of your dinner and take a portion or two out into a pot for college for your healthy extras if you are on EE i like making 'rice pudding' with bulgarwheat/wholemeal-brown rice my cooking it and stirring in some vanilla yoghurt or stirring in syn free yog with some vanilla and sweetener! free and tasty!
if you are a chocolate person: kinder minis are only 3.5syns a teaspoon of nutella is 1.5 syns nice with banana or for a tablespoon of nutella is 4.5 syns spread it on some ryvita and its similar to fererro rochet (i like banana on top) mikado sticks are half a syn pink and whites (marshmallow with wafer) is only 2.5 syns i loveeee them!

for pizza i use a discovery wholemeal wrap as its only 5.5 syns otherwise a small bread roll which is similar in syn value, spread some tomato puree loads of veggies and 25g of cheddar (5 syns if not your heA)

Crispy kfc style chicken: 1 small wholemeal bread roll crumbed, 1 egg, 1 or 2 chicken thighs skin removed, add salt pepper, paprika some onion and garlic salt to the bread roll crumbs bake in the oven, lovely with sw chips and coleslaw or salad Sw coleslaw: shredded onion, carrot and cabbage 1tbsp extra light mayo, chopped chives 1 tbsp natural no fat yoghurt combine together with some mustard powder! x

Back