Has any 1 Kept the weight off FOR GOOD

This is a great thread as it is exactly what I wanted to know...I don't want to have to do this again or get myself to a weight that I am not happy with! I think the key will be to go through a maintenance plan over a long period of time and slowly come off exante meal replacement plan. Portion control is the other key point. xx

You are so right Shelly. Portion control is a hugely important part of maintenance, and so is taking things slowly when moving permanently from packs etc to regular food. There's no rush! We can all lose the weight and keep it off, if we approach both phases in the same practical, gradual way.

Packs and bars can be fantastic in maintenance, actually. A mate of mine uses packs for two meals a day, five days a week, and eats 'normally' at weekends. It works! She says it makes maintaining easy LOL.

Hi all, like the title says really, it worries me the amount of people i see on the forum that have done a vlcd and have regained it all and possibly more after they have finished over a a year or 2 or whatever.

Im just scared once ive finished the diet and hopefully at goal. if i will keep it off. i dont suppose it helps with other people saying you will only gain it all back once youve finished.

What kind of life style do you leed after, do you just genealy have your 3 meals healthy ones and maintain or do you have to follow some other general program like weight watchers/ slimming world.

I know ill always have a problem with food i just dont want to do all of this for at the end of it to be for nothing xx
:)Hi there, I am returning today after having a six week break (with the kids!) I initally lost two and a half stone doing TS and adding a meal, but during my break I have eaten EVERYTHING - and lots of it!! However, I have only gained 5lbs - and I can hardly believe it. I literally have eaten take away and chocolate by the truckload knowing that once the kids were back in school and I wasn't faced with 3 meals a day to prepare and all the temptations that little people like, I would be back on TS and totally focused.

I hiope this helps to reassure you that you can come off plan and eat normally again without all your hard work going to the wall. Good luck with your journey. x

Hi Girlz.....having read all the threads I can only agree that without monitoring your weight weekly and altering lifetime habits, it creeps back on with alarming stealth....I lost 85 last year and went on maintenance with limited sucess...from March to Sept I put back up 28lbs...admittedly there were stresses and family get togethers...but mostly it went up after eating out at night time, nites with the girls etc as we eat very healthily at home. I think I could even things out and say it was probably weight gained from eating 400 plus calories a day if you averaged it.....one decadent icecream or bun etc...hardly binge eating but enough to upset my blood sugar. So staying on the wagon is difficult for an O blood group person who primarily should be trying to stay away from Carbs...but even eating protein and greens which I love....its still amazingly difficult to steer away from grains and sugar entirely...so here I am again girls ...ground hog day...lol....have a good week...my first week weigh in is Tues...wish me luck...x fireflii

Hi Girlz.....having read all the threads I can only agree that without monitoring your weight weekly and altering lifetime habits, it creeps back on with alarming stealth....I lost 85 last year and went on maintenance with limited sucess...from March to Sept I put back up 28lbs...admittedly there were stresses and family get togethers...but mostly it went up after eating out at night time, nites with the girls etc as we eat very healthily at home. I think I could even things out and say it was probably weight gained from eating 400 plus calories a day if you averaged it.....one decadent icecream or bun etc...hardly binge eating but enough to upset my blood sugar. So staying on the wagon is difficult for an O blood group person who primarily should be trying to stay away from Carbs...but even eating protein and greens which I love....its still amazingly difficult to steer away from grains and sugar entirely...so here I am again girls ...ground hog day...lol....have a good week...my first week weigh in is Tues...wish me luck...x fireflii
:)Hey, Fireflii, Just wanted to wish you all the very best, we are both in the same boat(again!!) so all the best. I'm intrigued about your reference to blood type and food groups - pleeeeease tell me that the rare blood type AB+ should be maintained with Cadbury's!! lol Best foot forward x;)

I will look it up for you hun and post again....the book is eat right for your type and says that if you eat food that is incompatible to your blood not only will you gain weight but you will eventually develop many health related issues that will make you feel really unwell....I tried out the theories and they are accurate but it takes incredible discipline to keep on track ....and I am an all or nothing kinda girl....:scale::devilangel:xxx fireflii

Well, for the first few months, when I ate reasonable (pretty much anything, just not excessive) everything was fine, weight kept off. When I went crazy during my holiday.. well, what can you expect really?! But still, I did not get all the way up to where I was or more, I started dieting briefly after putting some back on, so I guess I am improving in some ways in my behavior. Joined a gym, swimming daily, fitness in the evenings, I would say is a continuing improvement process and maybe the "keeping it of for good" part will come..

:)Hey, Fireflii, Just wanted to wish you all the very best, we are both in the same boat(again!!) so all the best. I'm intrigued about your reference to blood type and food groups - pleeeeease tell me that the rare blood type AB+ should be maintained with Cadbury's!! lol Best foot forward x;)

Hi geordiebear...I looked up your type and you should not eat....red meat, sweetcorn,beans and seeds and buckwheat, and wheat or wheat products..all will make you gain weight...also all oils except olive...nuts are not great for you...you have a problem digesting them...

good food for you are fish or tofu except haddock...green veg, dairy products especially yoghurt and eggs, alkaline fruits and pineapple, poultry is also good...but limit the portion amount of any protein...and avoid bacon or products...and icecream.. also...rice is better for you than pasta,coucous is neutral..no bad effects...

Hope this makes sense to you...xx fireflii

Aww, thanks hun......it's not all bad cos I don't eat loads of red meat or nuts and I interestingly whenever I eat pasta I feel a bit weird, like its not agreeing with me. I actually thought I might be wheat intolerant but it doesn't happen with other wheat products.......you might have solved my mystery! Thanks again and keep up the good work xx

Did anyone see that Claire from steps diet programme last night? She met up with someone who lost 11 stone on a VLCD and got to goal February 2009... and she's still there! So it proves it can be done!! :D

Let me put it this way...

We are fat, we are here to diet AND subsequently change our lifestyle.

If we continue to gorge on kebabs, that delish tuna mayo and those choc bonbons...
...there will be no diet in the world who is gonna keep our weight off!

There HAS to be a change!
Or else you are just working hard to be able to indulge in food later on, and that's ridiculous!

The only permanent solution is a stomach reduction operation, it's not the best choice but it works by physically making you sick if you eat more than a fistful of food...
I don't recommend it at all.

Never ever forget that this addiction to food we have, is a psychological problem. Those of us with thyroid problems or something else, unfortunately will seek other treatment, but for us fatties here it's down to our brain.

Sure, I can eat leaves and that boiled egg, but why the hell do I choose that greasy roasted lamb in mint sauce?

No ones pointing a gun at me!

But yeah, choices, choices and more choices!

Will it be easier to stick to a healthier lifestyle after a VLCD ?

It will be, but losing the weight is only the start to change our lives!

LastEverDiet said:
Did anyone see that Claire from steps diet programme last night? She met up with someone who lost 11 stone on a VLCD and got to goal February 2009... and she's still there! So it proves it can be done!! :D

Yeah, I saw that. Good to know it can be done. I'm hoping whatever it was that clicked for her will click for me! Off to the gym Friday to rejoin after quite a few years of making excuses not to go. Funny thing is, I really enjoy going! got to tone up this much slimmer body now so it looks better even with no clothes! Lol ;-) x

I don't know guys, my goal is to be a normal person afterwards. I won't always pick a boiled egg with leaves instead of a roasted lamb.. I am thinking that I'll have a smaller portion of that roasted lamb, or if I had one today I'll eat light for the next two days, things like that. I can't imagine that type of sentences like "Never will I eat pasta again"..

:)Hi there, I am returning today after having a six week break (with the kids!) I initally lost two and a half stone doing TS and adding a meal, but during my break I have eaten EVERYTHING - and lots of it!! However, I have only gained 5lbs - and I can hardly believe it. I literally have eaten take away and chocolate by the truckload knowing that once the kids were back in school and I wasn't faced with 3 meals a day to prepare and all the temptations that little people like, I would be back on TS and totally focused.

I hiope this helps to reassure you that you can come off plan and eat normally again without all your hard work going to the wall. Good luck with your journey. x

I've had nowhere near the losses that you have but I agree with you there. I lost 20lbs during Jan/Feb this year and came back last week after a good 6 months of eating whatever I liked (and a holiday) and only gaining 3lbs.

I kept an eye on my weight during this time, but I was suprised that it wasnt piling back on like I expected it to - so I thought well, if its not effecting me having a curry here and there, or a glass of wine or whatever, than why deprive myself?

Someone else said that they have a weight limit and once they see that figure on the scales they'll go back and do Exante for a while until its gone. I think this is what i'll end up doing too if/when I get to goal.

x

Hi Girlz....I didnt see the programme...but my sister lost 35lbs on weight watchers and kept it off...and she does it on a mainly protein low fat limited carb basis..with normal behaviour at the weekend....drinkies...etc...then she religiously weighs on Monday and limits herself for the next 5 days so that she never regains more than a couple of lbs...makes sense to be disciplined... for us people here...I suspect none of us eat like pigs...but we are unwise in the regularity of goodies...I mean I know I think one nice thing a day wont hurt...but it adds up unfortunately...what do ye think??? I hate the society notion that overweight people stuff their faces 24/7....its untrue...I eat the least amount of junk in my office...the rest cram goodies..but I put weight on much more easily..xx Fireflii

I love that programme with Clare Richards - I think she's really funny, and so down to earth, and I can totally identify with her struggle, although she manages to look amazing regardless of size IMO.

Lighterlife got a nice bit of product placement too, with a big ad in the break that followed that section ;)

Was a bit concerned that she still wanted to try liposuction after witnessing the nastiness of it first hand, though.
Sort of 'treating the symptom and not the cause', which will inevitably lead to 'piling it back on' :rolleyes:

I had lipo done after a tummy tuck...I was black and blue for awhile and it was more painful than the tt but believe it or not I didnt have so much as a paracetamol for pain after both ops were done simultaneously...x Fireflii

Back