has any1 tryed dancing 2 get fit!

Trendytracz

I go 2 dancing 3 nites a week 1 nite is for 2 half hours the other 2 nites r 1hr but it g8 u get toned up relly fast! :D
;):party0011:

I sent for some belly dancing dvd's and some line dancing dvd's to exercise to, but ive not tried them yet. Waiting till its a bit colder and longer nights.
Lynne x

what sort of dancing do you do? Ive always fancied poledancing for some strange reason, although I've heard you need loads of upper body strength, of which I have none, and even if I did I doubt it would carry 17st haha!

I have Tracy Shaw salsacise on dvd, and although I have to mute when she's speaking (her voice grates on me something terrible!) the music is great and although I fall over myself quite a bit I really enjoy it.

I need to find someone who will go to a class with me, as I get so nervous I dont think I could do it alone!

'Zumba' is the way to go for me! It is a dance class with latino- flavoured music, very energetic and great fun. Have a look: YouTube - zumba with erick

I went to Powerjam on Tues which is a dance wrkout class at my gym. Was a mixture of latin american with a little urban/hiphop dacing and I LOVED it, altho the class leader didnt go thru the moves and expected newcomers to know them even on their first time! Luckily for me I pick up dance moves quickly and already have experience in salsa, rhumba and meringue so it wasnt too hard, but a couple of others really struggled! Was a great workout tho, will def be going back x

I went to Powerjam on Tues which is a dance wrkout class at my gym. Was a mixture of latin american with a little urban/hiphop dacing and I LOVED it, altho the class leader didnt go thru the moves and expected newcomers to know them even on their first time! Luckily for me I pick up dance moves quickly and already have experience in salsa, rhumba and meringue so it wasnt too hard, but a couple of others really struggled! Was a great workout tho, will def be going back x

Hi there! Is Powerjam based in the UK? It does sound fun. Same happened to me when I went to Zumba for the first time - the instructor did not go over the steps, but because I'm familiar with some salsa I picked up the steps without tying myself in too many knots!

Yep, lol I wouldnt be travelling abroad to do a dance workout hehe! Its just what they call it at my gym, they probably give it different names in different places xx

I'm starting Ballroom Dancing in the new year, at the request of a friend who wants to do it but doesn;t want to go alone.

Really looking forward to it!

I'm starting Ballroom Dancing in the new year, at the request of a friend who wants to do it but doesn;t want to go alone.

that sounds absolutely class - i would love to do Ballroom Dancing! :D youll have to let us know what its like :)

Am considering it as a side line...love to dance...need more hobbies...

Id love to do some sort of dancing, something energetic, need to look around at whats in my area, keep hinting to my Fiancee. Salsa sounds good or even a gym class which is mainly dance moves.

I go 2 dancing 3 nites a week 1 nite is for 2 half hours the other 2 nites r 1hr but it g8 u get toned up relly fast! :D
;):party0011:

Hey Tracy,

Good choice! I went for social dancing course when I was 15 i think. 3 lessons a week for 2 hrs aswel, and appart from toning and developing nice, lean body, I also got so much more confidence. It's a really good cardio workout aswel. Good luck!!
Mwuah

Oh,
One more thing - salsa, cha-cha and jive make you loose weight quicky!! These ones are pretty intensive:p

Great!
I've done the ballroom course and I'm sure u gonna love it!!
All the best:jelous:

I have just brought the Clubland work it out dvd. I love dancing as a form of exercise, however I have found a lot of the dvds had really naff music. If I wouldn't dance to it in the first place it really isn't going to inspire me to bounce about the living room exercising.

This dvd is full of modern dance tracks that I already like to dance to, and learning a few moves to them is great.

However this dvd is high impact, and if you did all the sections on the dvd the work out lasts over an hour.

It is broken down in the following way:
Warm Up
Aerobics
Dance sequencing
Combat
Toning
Cool down.

Back