Has anybody stuck to the Stablisation totally

Big H

Silver Member
I.e 790 for 2 weeks, 1000 for 2 weeks, 1200 for 2 weeks & 1500 2 weeks

Just seems like this would be torture.

First time around I did 1 week 790 then 1 week 1000 and then started eating a healthy diet of around 2000-2500 a day - and that was o.k

..Did eventually put loads back on though :cool:

Yep, I am on the 1500kcal plan and I am still losing, but slowly, on average I lose about 1-2lb a week so still chuffed, i have been on this for just over a month now.

Well done 2 ya x

Stabilisation is absolutely key!

Mike

Stabilisation is absolutely key!

Mike

Mike,

In your opinion, what route would you take on Stablisation, i.e how many weeks of each stage?

Cheers

It depends really how much you have lost, official guidance is "as long as possible" on each step.

If I have someone who has lost >4 stone then I tend to recommend two weeks on each level but less than 4 stone then I recommend one week on each level.

Remember though that this needs to be flexible as you should continue to lose weight along the way so your BMI is key.

This is really where you counsellor comes into their own as they should be landing you on the slim runway as gently as possible.

Mike

It depends really how much you have lost, official guidance is "as long as possible" on each step.

If I have someone who has lost >4 stone then I tend to recommend two weeks on each level but less than 4 stone then I recommend one week on each level.

Remember though that this needs to be flexible as you should continue to lose weight along the way so your BMI is key.

This is really where you counsellor comes into their own as they should be landing you on the slim runway as gently as possible.

Mike

OK Mate - cheers for your help - much appreciated

i'm not doing this diet by the way but like to read these threads as people give each other so much support (i'm calorie counting).

Just out of interest what is the reason for the stabilisation period? Is it more of a mental thing ie the theory is that if people jump suddenly from SS or 750 cals a day to 1500-2000 that they will keep eating or is there a medical reason?

The Cambridge maintenance is specifically designed to balance out the refill of the glycogen stores and the fat loss, so you put back on the glycogen and associated water but also balance this out with weight loss.

Also it is designed to introduce calories slowly which allows your body to adjust to seeing more calories without suddenly freaking you out.

It is also low GI based which means you get back to food without feeling hungry along the way.

M.

Mike, can you give me a bit of advice? I'm still on 790 at 10 stone 10 (5'6") and BMI 24.9, and both my CD and I have agreed I shouldn't go below 10.7, as I'm starting to look drawn in the face. Thing is I can't work out how I'm going to go through stabilisation at at least a week per step and not lose more than another 3 lb ... how does it work?

Mike, can you give me a bit of advice? I'm still on 790 at 10 stone 10 (5'6") and BMI 24.9, and both my CD and I have agreed I shouldn't go below 10.7, as I'm starting to look drawn in the face. Thing is I can't work out how I'm going to go through stabilisation at at least a week per step and not lose more than another 3 lb ... how does it work?
Bagpuss, I know i'm not Mike (!), but i'll answer your question anyway! Basically, you should've already started working up the plans by doing AAM and 790, as, by the time you get to BMI 25 you're supposed to move onto the 1000cal step. My advice would be to move straight onto 790 for a week, then go onto 1000cal the week after. Keep a check on your weight loss - if you're 10.7 or below by the end of your 1000cal week, then move onto the next step, if you haven't lost weight, you can do 1000cal for another week, and do the last two steps for two weeks each, too.

I hope that helps. :)

Jo x

Hiya

Absolutely what Jo had said! You should move up straight away, you shouldn't be doing 790 on a BMI of 24.9.

Move up to 1000 now and move up as quick as poss.

Mike

I.e 790 for 2 weeks, 1000 for 2 weeks, 1200 for 2 weeks & 1500 2 weeks

Getting back the original question. I did the plan as stated. I also stayed on 1500 for another two weeks while I practiced my own choice of foods. Otherwise I did 2 weeks on each step. Oh, actually I think I did an extra week on 1,000 for some reason that I can't remember now:confused:
Just seems like this would be torture.
Ummm. Yep :D

having said that, I think it helped me to remember where the end actually was. There isn't really an end of looking after yourself (weightwise or whatever), but obviously there is an end to Cambridge.

My eye wasn't really so much on the goal figure, rather than getting to the end of the plan at 1500.

It would be hard if you focused just on the goal weight I would imagine.

Cheers everybody for your input

H

Back