Has anybody...

sarahandmolly

Gold Member
... stayed the same on their 1st week with SW? :confused:

I am sat here crying, I am gutted I can't put it into words.... if anyone knows of anything I am doing wrong (I have a food diary...) please tell me... as I need a humungous kick up the backside as I am so disheartened...

It happens, hun, don't worry. My first loss was about a quarter of a pound. Your body is adjusting and sometimes it panics and stores what it has. I bet you see a big loss next week.

My problem was I wasn't eating enough. Is your diary around for the wise bods who helped me to see?

I'm sorry hun. In my first week I lost 1lb. I was truly gutted and couldn't work out where I'd gone wrong.

Have you spoken to your consultant? Has she given you any reasons as to why it might have happened?

Sometimes, with the best will in the world our bodies can let us down but don't lose heart, by sticking to plan 100% you WILL lose weight, honestly.

((hugs))

Im gna go read ya diary chick!
Dont be disheartened tho, could be numerous reasons and they are mentioned above even down to you retaining more water as body adjusts!
One more thing are you due on in the next week?
x

You may find you get a big loss next week so please don't be too upset. Did your consultant offer any advise ?

The weight you lose in your first week depends on many different things, the first of which is how big a change you made from your previous diet. The bigger change, the bigger the loss. Eg, if you go from eatting loads of deep fried food to eating the SW way you will see a large loss whereas if you had a relatively healthy diet before you wont have such a big loss.

Also, if you are not eating when hungry your body will store fat. Eat when your body tells you to.

You may also retain some water in your first week especially if you have increased your fluid intake.

I hope it shows on the scales next week for you. keep at it x

Thanks for the advice ladies, it is honestly appreciated. I didn't talk to my consultant as I couldn't stay to group this week and can't really until May as I a moving house etc. My consultant was doing her beginners talk so I didn't want to interupt.

I will carry on regardless, I am just gutted I see all the fabulous weight losses here and I was hoping for one myself but obviously it wasn't meant to be this week :( x

Awww you should read my diary, there are no fabulous losses there!

Did you eat enough last week? Did you use all your Syns? It makes a difference

i dont drink enough and i know this will make a difference, check what your drinking too hun xx

I will go and have a read, thanks Taz. As far as I know I have been using the majority of my syns. I am going to sit and re-read my books and make sure that I am doing it all correctly xx

Hi Asbo - I drink over 2 ltrs of water a day. I don't drink hot drinks or full fat drinks, never will and never have xx

Sorry you're so disheartened!!

Have a read of my diary - no amazing losses there either. Some of us just don't lose quickly.

I've been looking at your diary. First thing I'll say is...you've not got that much to lose. That makes a difference to some people. And then as Taz says, if you've been on a relatively healthy diet already then changing to SW isn't as massive a change to your eating habits as going from chips, ready meals and fast food 7 days a week!

I'm not totally familiar with EE but you meals look ok, quite varied, which is good. But if you look at the 'mistakes' you made (like not synning your smoothies, and then you mentioned overdoing the wine) you may have had quite a few more syns than you think. Sorry, I'm not picking, but just something to note perhaps. If you're doing a 'flexi syns day' in your first week, that could be the cause of your sts?

Also, as the others have said in your diary, perhaps you need to change things round a bit. Have green, red, and EE days for variety. I think there are some people that EE just doesn't work for. Perhaps you need to find out if you're one of those people. Some stick with all green, all red, some mix it up... Personally, I wouldn't have tried EE until I had my head totally round the original plan. Confusing!

And then there's the success express too, which is a great kick start to the plan. It focuses on superfree foods, which are key to SW success IMO.

Don't stress or be too upset. Think positive. You don't weigh any more than you did last week! That's something! Your body will be benefiting from the nice foods you are fueling it with and if you stick with it, chances are you'll see a loss next week :)

You are doing EE? That could be the problem. In the book it suggests that EE is a slower loss plan so maybe switch to reds and greens for a while

I am so sorry you didn't lose on your first week - I lost on my first but then didn't on my second, my third week wasn't too good either but then it all seemed to come together. I have known loads in our group that didn't lose their first week but then in their second they had really good losses & have done well nearly every week afterwards. Please don't feel you have done anything wrong just stick to your plan again this week and it will work itself out!

Just a quick thought- did you eat anything especially salty before WI?
I find this really effects my weight

Either way, don't give up mate. We have all been there and the stronger ones picked themselves up and carried on

x

My leader said that EE was absolutely fine as a beginner - which is the reason I did it. The one she did mention was Mix to Max, that you shouldn't do that as a beginners until you are really settled with the green / red days.
I have planned 1 red day tomorrow, green the next. I think I will try these all this week instead to see if I get on better with those. I am also going to up my exercise a bit.
With regards to the wine, I counted it all in.

Perhaps I just need to find what's right for me. Thanks for all the advice though, I really appreciate it from all of you xxx

PS - can someone enlighten me on the success express please? Don't know anything about that one x

I haven't read your diary yet, but just wanted to say don't be too disappointed.

I'm really not sure of the EE days tbh. I know so many people who have such small losses on EE days. I know more disappointed people than happy ones doing EE, although, I know it works for some. It doesn't work for me though. In the EE book it does suggest for a speedier loss try red or green or a combination of red and green.

Good luck for next week and don't chuck it all in because you're disappointed.

Don't be too upset honey, I felt the same on my first weigh in last year, i only lost half a pound. Now I've lost two stone, proof that it does work and I'm sure it will for you too, keep at it and let us know of your progress x

It's very hard when you hear about everyone elses big losses and you've stayed the same despite trying so hard. I had a loss in my first week then stayed the same in my second. I was very disappointed but I have no intention of giving up because I know that not everyone has these huge losses. I's only the big losses that you remember, you forget that there are many in the group that have also stayed the same or gained.

My next weigh in is tomorrow and I'm dreading it a bit. I really hope for a loss, even 1lb. I'll be disappointed if I don't lose again, but it's early days and I have more experimenting to do. I've just started doing red days so I have yet to see if that has any effect.

Hang on in there.

Teresa

Back