Has anyone else lost 14lbs in 14 days? Lot of weight to lose, please help!

Tinerbell1

Hi everyone :)

I've put on a LOT of weight during the last year...about 5 stone (!). My life has disappeared. I won't leave the house (except to work), I'm too ashamed. I won't see friends, or even family members I haven't seen for a while, because I don't want them to see what I've become. I am so so depressed about the weight, and staying in bored and eating only makes things worse.

I decided to take four weeks off work, to dedicate time to losing weight to get me up and running. Christmas is around the corner and it'd be pretty grim if I won't see anyone/go anywhere. I also decided to quit smoking.

I managed to quit smoking, but ate more to compensate for the cravings to smoke. And I put on 11LBS!!! 11LBS IN !ONE! WEEK!! ;( :(

I now have two weeks before I return to work. I would love to get the weight I put on off and maybe a bit more but in two weeks....is that ever gonna happen?

I am 5ft 7, and now weigh 15 stone 11lbs. I originally weighed 14stone 11lbs 2 weeks ago, I put on 2-3lbs in the first week, which didn't bother me that much...but then 11lbs the next week.

I've put on 14lbs in two weeks. So will it come off in two weeks?

Has anyone ever done this before? When I've dieted in the past I've had quite good losses the first week or so.

PLEASE someone tell me this can be done :( thank you xx

You could try a VLCD but that would need to be from a recognised programme. There's will be information in the VLCD section of this forum. (I don't know much about their ways other then big losses and low calorie really).

I think you need to focus more about the long term plans for losing weight and doing it for yourself rather than a quick fix because you're due back at work. I'm sure your work friends wouldn't think any different from you for putting on a few pounds. 11lbs is a lot to gain in a week. That's eating 40000 calories or something in a week. Which I'm sure you haven't. It'll be water weight and that'll should shift quickly.

Decide what diet is best for you. Read the forums on here. Set your goals and take one step at a time. You don't want to crash and burn at the first hurdle!

Xx

Currently 16st 6.25lbs

You could try a VLCD but that would need to be from a recognised programme. There's will be information in the VLCD section of this forum. (I don't know much about their ways other then big losses and low calorie really).

I think you need to focus more about the long term plans for losing weight and doing it for yourself rather than a quick fix because you're due back at work. I'm sure your work friends wouldn't think any different from you for putting on a few pounds. 11lbs is a lot to gain in a week. That's eating 40000 calories or something in a week. Which I'm sure you haven't. It'll be water weight and that'll should shift quickly.

Decide what diet is best for you. Read the forums on here. Set your goals and take one step at a time. You don't want to crash and burn at the first hurdle!

Xx

Currently 16st 6.25lbs

Thank you! I have tried Cambridge diet before, could try it again I lost 9lbs in a week on it once. I know 11lbs is a huge amount of weight to put on in a week...I think it was a combination of quitting smoking (so losing the metabolism raising effect of the cigarettes), eating more to compensate, but also the lack of activity...I work in healthcare, and I'm used to running around solidly for nearly 13 hour shifts so to go from that to just sitting around wouldn't have helped:(. I think that's why I'm so desperate, I'm supposed to be a role model...it's so hard when you feel constantly judged.

Arw I'm a nurse and do those awful 13 hours shifts too! I know what you mean about being a role model to patients and families. No one wants to take advice from the fat nurse. Set a plan and take one day at a time! We'll get there in the end x

Currently 16st 6.25lbs

hi, well done for giving up smoking, I gave up about 3 months ago and know totally how munching can help the fag craving but does NOT help in the battle of loosing weight.
it sounds to me like you have got yourself into a bit of a rut, and getting out of that rut will help your wright loss as well as self confidence!
I lost 2 stone in 12 weeks on slim fast last year and kept it off, recently put a stone back on having given up smoking but am starting again this week.
firstly be kind to yourself, WOW you have given up smoking, and no one will appreciate how hard that is unless they have been there themselves!
sitting at home bored munching?? well get out and get moving, if an exercise class isn't your thing go for a walk, even offer to walk a neighbours dog if you need to, make that commitment and stick to it !
you look after others every day, it's about time you started to give your self a little TLC.
you have proven how strong you can be, don't under estimate yourself, you can do this, one day at a time, I get up in the morning and say to myself" I'm going to be good till lunch time,", at lunch time I say "just got to get to tea time now", then at night I think "I've been good all day I'm not going to spoil it now!!" then that's one day done and they soon add up!!
11lb in one week is expecting a bit much, but saying that I lost 8 lb in my first week on slim fast, but like giving up smoking you have to have it right in your mind, "in the zone" so to speak, follow it exactly!!
I'm going to loose a stone by Christmas, I have 3 stone to loose in total, 1 stone is my first goal in an achievable time frame.
good luck
claire

hi, well done for giving up smoking, I gave up about 3 months ago and know totally how munching can help the fag craving but does NOT help in the battle of loosing weight.
it sounds to me like you have got yourself into a bit of a rut, and getting out of that rut will help your wright loss as well as self confidence!
I lost 2 stone in 12 weeks on slim fast last year and kept it off, recently put a stone back on having given up smoking but am starting again this week.
firstly be kind to yourself, WOW you have given up smoking, and no one will appreciate how hard that is unless they have been there themselves!
sitting at home bored munching?? well get out and get moving, if an exercise class isn't your thing go for a walk, even offer to walk a neighbours dog if you need to, make that commitment and stick to it !
you look after others every day, it's about time you started to give your self a little TLC.
you have proven how strong you can be, don't under estimate yourself, you can do this, one day at a time, I get up in the morning and say to myself" I'm going to be good till lunch time,", at lunch time I say "just got to get to tea time now", then at night I think "I've been good all day I'm not going to spoil it now!!" then that's one day done and they soon add up!!
11lb in one week is expecting a bit much, but saying that I lost 8 lb in my first week on slim fast, but like giving up smoking you have to have it right in your mind, "in the zone" so to speak, follow it exactly!!
I'm going to loose a stone by Christmas, I have 3 stone to loose in total, 1 stone is my first goal in an achievable time frame.
good luck
claire

Thank you Claire, that was so kind and much appreciated :) Well done you for quitting as well, you're right it is SO hard, still don't feel out of the woods yet but hopefully I'll get there. I think I just felt depressed as I always imagine people are thinking things about my weight, and that I should know better...no-one has ever actually said anything but it's always there. To make things worse I told all the ward staff I'd have lost weight when I go back without doubt....thinking it would force me to lose weight...so will be very embarrassing going back even bigger. But, your advice has really cheered me up...there's nothing else I can do except give it my best shot, and I will try the 'get the the morning/afternoon' tips you suggested, hopefully every little will help! Thanks again and good luck with that first stone :)

Starting from tomorrow cut out all processed foods, reduce your carb (don't cut them out completely), drink lots of water and have a cup of green tea morning and evening and you'll have a decent loss when you get back to work.

Fruit and yogurt for breakfast.

Salad for lunch.

Meat, potatoes and lots of veg for supper.

You're off work so go for an hours walk every day.

Whenever you're hungry snack on fruit.

You shouldn't think about losing a stone in a week or two. You should sit down and think about where you want to be by the end of the year.

I made the below to keep me on track until he end of the year. I'll lose just under 2 stones if I consistently lose 2 lbs a month by the end of the year :)

image-1268878965.jpg

If your eating is centred around being at home then why not use your remaining weeks at a gym or swimming baths. Out of sight, out of mind ( I mean food).

hey thinerbell how are you getting on? are you managing to push yourself in the right direction?
my hubby and I have made a decision today to really reduce our T & coffee in take, I drink T he drinks coffee with full fat milk and 3 sugars, yes I did say 3. we are now allowing ourselves 2 cups a day and other drinks have to be water!! I only drink 4-5 cups of T a day but hubby can drink up to 8 cups of coffee a day... it's going to be more difficult for him I think but I will encourage him and I think it's a good step in the right direction.
hope all is well with you xx

hey thinerbell how are you getting on? are you managing to push yourself in the right direction? my hubby and I have made a decision today to really reduce our T & coffee in take, I drink T he drinks coffee with full fat milk and 3 sugars, yes I did say 3. we are now allowing ourselves 2 cups a day and other drinks have to be water!! I only drink 4-5 cups of T a day but hubby can drink up to 8 cups of coffee a day... it's going to be more difficult for him I think but I will encourage him and I think it's a good step in the right direction. hope all is well with you xx

I used to have 2 sugars in my t&c. I now can't stand the stuff in it. I just drank 1&1/2 for a week then 1 then 1/2 then a 1/4 and then none! Took me about 4 weeks but in the long run it'll worth it xx

Currently 16st 5.5lbs

Good luck you can do it x

In the past I've found that it definitely IS all about planning. A bit of a cliché but fail to plan: plan to fail
I cannot plan for the life of me at the minute so LT it is. Day 8 and - 12.5lbs

Xx

Back