has anyone ever refeeded and maintained without putting on weight

Moving from tfr to slimming world?

Just curious if anyone has moved from tfr to slimming world and continued to lose weight? I'd like to use slimming world as a long term plan but wonder how quickly I can move from the refeed to this?

I am 2 and a half weeks after finishing TFR , the first week it was like someone had given a 7 year old the keys to a sweet shop ! ... I gained 7lbs.... !! ..... Realism kicked in and I had a word with myself. The second week and 3 days of the 3rd week I have eaten what I should eat. Well, what we all should be eating if we are on a diet or not ! ... Grilled Chicken and Fish with salad or Veg, sensible portion size and got back drinking the water ! ..... I lost the 7 lb and have returned to the weight I was when TFR finished for me 2 weeks last Saturday ..

Its all about getting your head right, accepting that we are not on a diet anymore, what we are on is a lifestyle change.

Mark xx

before lipotrim, many of us have tried, and stuggled to adhere to low fat diets. Fat satiates hunger, helping you control your appetite - take the fat out of food, there's no flavour so food companies fill these so called 'healthy' options with sugar! when you're eating low fat, you're likely eating high carb. The starches and sugars send your blood glucose levels rising and crashing, leaving you feeling hungry with an appetite you cannot control, reaching for food - dieters on low fat diets often feel deprived and then find they cannot stick to the diet, binge and end up in the same place they started.

so WHY lipotrim advise us to eat a very low fat to maintain our weight losses I do not know! it really is no wonder there are so many regainers on the lipotrim foum.

in my opinion if we were advised to eat a low carb, high fat diet post lipotrim - there would be a lot less 2nd and 3rd time lipotrimers, makes me sad to see.

Anyone interested, or wanting to understand in this alternative option should watch this-

The Food Revolution - AHS 2011 - YouTube
Hi I agree to a point but doesnt it depend on what type of "fats" your eating?? Fry ups and cream cakes NO but nuts seeds, oily fish YES surely? I d never go on the atkins diet, simply because of the fats he advocates eating! ( I think? not completley sure what he says, but saw what my boss ate on it and thought not for me!) But I agree with the GI approach of low carbs and complex carbs ie NOT white breads, rice or pasta but wholemeal.... I intend on following this to maintain when I have lost all my weight and done a re~feed..... I`m a LONG way off from that just yet though... but its always good to plan ahead :D L xx Ps just watched the LCHF lecture, and was blown away by it... very interesting and makes a lot of sense.... I was advised to follow a very low fat diet since being diagnosed with Gallbladder disease, and guess what.... I put on almost 2 stone !!!!! go figure!!!! But since watching this it makes sense doesn't it... Thanks for the link fascinating stuff Lou xx

Last edited:
Hi I agree to a point but doesnt it depend on what type of "fats" your eating?? Fry ups and cream cakes NO but nuts seeds, oily fish YES surely? I d never go on the atkins diet, simply because of the fats he advocates eating! ( I think? not completley sure what he says, but saw what my boss ate on it and thought not for me!) But I agree with the GI approach of low carbs and complex carbs ie NOT white breads, rice or pasta but wholemeal.... I intend on following this to maintain when I have lost all my weight and done a re~feed..... I`m a LONG way off from that just yet though... but its always good to plan ahead :D L xx Ps just watched the LCHF lecture, and was blown away by it... very interesting and makes a lot of sense.... I was advised to follow a very low fat diet since being diagnosed with Gallbladder disease, and guess what.... I put on almost 2 stone !!!!! go figure!!!! But since watching this it makes sense doesn't it... Thanks for the link fascinating stuff Lou xx

What if It's All Been a Big Fat Lie? - New York Times

that's another article on the issues you might find interesting if you have the time.

Im not following the atkins plan, but I get a mixture of saturated and unsaturated fats, the more research I've done, the more I have realised the only fats that are 'BAD' are transfats (from hydrogonated oils) - and fats from unnatural sources. I.e, margarine, seeds and vegetable oils, oils which aren't cold pressed with bad omega 6-3 ratios, as most of us are consuming way too much omega 6.

I currently eat a diet where I get my calories from 65%fat, 30% protein + 5%carb..
I eat mainly natural and unprocessed food, I avoid sugar + starch but get plenty of veg + fats from eggs, fish, meat, nuts, avocados as well as from olive oil, coconut oil, butter, cream and cheese.

I would have never taken a leap of faith to go against traditional dietary advice if I wasn't confident in the research i've found on diet and nutrition. When you read up on these issues it becomes more apparent (to me atleast) that fats have been vilified by false scientific information from a small group of scientists in the 50s + 60s.

But whether or not you disagree or adhere to traditional dietry advice (high carb, low fat), I think everyone would be healthier by reducing their intake of sugar + grains dramatically (even if they're eating high levels of carb from healthier and more natural sources - root veg for example)

The effects of eating sugar (especially in the quantities typical in a western diet) are pretty shocking. Here's another presentation for any one with too much time on their hands, or who's genuinely interested:
Sugar: The Bitter Truth - YouTube

Hi again,
Yeah thanks for all that info, I am more convinced about the fat now.... but still gonna take it cautiously and NOT until Ive gotten over a Cholestectomy 1st.... as if I went back to eating fat I`d be on the Morphine 24/7 :eek: and I don`t want that ty very much lol. A lot to think about really but I feel like I have more power to my elbow so to speak... Once I`ve lost all excess weight I want to eat as healthily as possible so cheers pal ..... :D L xx

I'd have to disagree with the high fat part of this.instead of fats or carbs, the most healthy way to maintain would be to eat lean protein like lean chicken breasts for example.why confuse yourself with carbs and fats when proteins are clearly the better way to go?
Most bodybuilders for example, would go on high protein diets and low carbs and barely and minimal good fat diet to lose weight AND build muscle or tone up.
So forget about fats or carbs,protein is the way to go. Oh btw, I did keep on losing weight for more than 8 weeks post a LT 100% for just 4 weeks. Meals consisted of just protein and some vege mostly

I'd have to disagree with the high fat part of this.instead of fats or carbs, the most healthy way to maintain would be to eat lean protein like lean chicken breasts for example.why confuse yourself with carbs and fats when proteins are clearly the better way to go?
Most bodybuilders for example, would go on high protein diets and low carbs and barely and minimal good fat diet to lose weight AND build muscle or tone up.
So forget about fats or carbs,protein is the way to go. Oh btw, I did keep on losing weight for more than 8 weeks post a LT 100% for just 4 weeks. Meals consisted of just protein and some vege mostly
Bear in mind tho that theres carbs in most veg... Some more than others... there just good carbs!!! : )

How about just good old fashioned healthy balanced diet?!!!

What did people do before all these fad low carb/high protein type diets came about?

Aint nothing wrong with carbs or fats Infact the body needs them.

Totally agree! If we stick with foods as fresh and unprocessed as possible and just watch the portion sizes then we can't go wrong.

At the min... we get a veg box and meat from our local butcher....

Dont get me wrong i have a few treats at the weekend!!!

But seems to work... Its the wine thats the devil for me!!!!

I've suddenly got a love for fresh fish, that's deffo the way to go for me, with fresh veg and I won't go wrong x

How about just good old fashioned healthy balanced diet?!!!

What did people do before all these fad low carb/high protein type diets came about?

Aint nothing wrong with carbs or fats Infact the body needs them.

nothing wrong with it, its just that for most people here on minimins, myself included, would benefit from a lower carb and fat diet. If I were to follow the standard food schedule here in Ireland where I'm currently based, the diet is as follows:

Breakfast: Eggs, toast with butter, 2 slices of bacon, a few small hash browns, baked beans and maybe a scone.

Lunch: 3 large scoops of potatoes, vege and 2 burger patties and gravy + stuffing.

Tea: Scone or toast with butter and tea.

Dinner: An appetizer, similar to lunch but with an added desert.

and the result is, Ireland is one of the fattest European countries.

Most of my weight loss was achieved AFTER LT, and it was due to diet. Good carbs in vege, very good energy in protein and healthy fats when you mix in fish into the protein part of it with some egg whites.

Its not a fad btw, and with you being here, you are probably on LT and you could call that a fad :/

thinking said:
Its not a fad btw, and with you being here, you are probably on LT and you could call that a fad :/

HOW RUDE!!!!

I'll have you know I did TFR for 8months, lost 8stone and have maintained now for 2years!

And don't generalise, not everybody on here could do with a low carb/fat diet! People will find their own way and don't need to be told, by you, that they could do with doing it that way!

And you don't have to follow the standard Irish food for a day, you have your own mind and can make your own choices surely?!

summergurl said:
HOW RUDE!!!!

I'll have you know I did TFR for 8months, lost 8stone and have maintained now for 2years!

And don't generalise, not everybody on here could do with a low carb/fat diet! People will find their own way and don't need to be told, by you, that they could do with doing it that way!

And you don't have to follow the standard Irish food for a day, you have your own mind and can make your own choices surely?!

Well I'm sorry if I upset you, don't take it the wrong way -_-

You are calling a low carb diet a fad when in reality that is where a lot of new studies are coming up agreeing that low carb style of eating should be the way to go. Eating healthy isn't following the food pyramid anymore. Perhaps you might not be aware of that? Plus I said LOW CARB not NO CARB.

It is a forum for discussion so I was just expressing my opinions are you are yours. You said why can't people follow healthy regular diets? Aren't you trying to tell people what to do like what you were accusing me of doing?

Just so you know I am a medical doctor and I do follow a lot of research studies which has been more recent and a lot of them support a low carb diet. While your earlier suggestions of healthy and u did mention exercise, not everybody might be fit enough for exercise. A low carb diet with protein helps people with diabetes control their weight and regulate their blood sugar control with very good effects based on what I've experienced in my clinics.

So no I'm not telling anybody what to do, it's merely sharing what is going on scientifically and what I've seen work. If you choose to take offense to that then I am sorry.

Its quite a common way of tinking now isn't it that we only all started getting fatter when we started with the processed carbs....

Those early humans were lucky to not have warburtons toastie let me tell you!!! ; ) x

Learn from my mistake ! ....... and learn good ! lol .. I finished TFR last Oct after losing 5 stone. Right up until Feb/March I was doing fine, a couple of pounds go on and then come back off, I go to the gym 4 or 5 times a week and I am fitter than I have ever been. Sadly, I took my eye off the ball, portion sizes increase, back onto Cider when I had been on Vodka, a odd bag of crisps, a sneaky chocolate bar........................ But THE worst thing I did .......... did not go on the scales for a couple of months, told myself I would be "about the same" . In hindsight I suppose I was in denial ! .... It was only last Saturday night that I tried to put on a shirt I first wore on my first night out after my loss and the buttons nearly popped that I thought ...... "jesus christ, you idiot Mark" ... went to the Chemist and have got my first weeks supply. Hopefully in a month or two I will be back down where I was. Will I have learned a lesson ? ............ who knows because it is so hard to keep the demons from the door but hell fire I will give it a good go. Ohhhh and another thing ..... Water !! .... I stopped with the water intake and my wife is sure that has had an effect. ... I read somewhere less than 10% of big weight loss achievers actually keep it off. Being one of those (determined and stronger willed than I ) people is really hard.

My god girl.............. Youve lost some weight .... well done on a fantastic achievment... you must be so proud and all the very best to you .. :D

Back