Has anyone got joint hypermobility or fibromyalgia

grumbletumble

Silver Member
Hi everyone :)

I'm starting cwp ss on Saturday but I'm a bit worried about the tiredness. I get very tired as I have both joint hypermobility & fibromyaligia & I'm not sure I can cope with any more tiredness! I've tried ss before & gone into ketosis but always felt so dreadful & gave up after (at the most) 2 weeks. I just wondered if anyone had any experience of this & if the tiredness & general yukkiness goes eventually.

Tia x

Hi

I have hypermobility. Got a 7/9 score. I don't believe in fibro I firmily believe it's a vitamin deficiency (b12 and d) and drs use the label of fibro, chronic fatigue and ME as a way of saying... Don't know what it is youve got and can't be bothered to find out.

Hi

I have hypermobility. Got a 7/9 score. I don't believe in fibro I firmily believe it's a vitamin deficiency (b12 and d) and drs use the label of fibro, chronic fatigue and ME as a way of saying... Don't know what it is youve got and can't be bothered to find out.

Yeah, there's a lot of discussion about fibro, c.f & M.E. I had my bloods taken when I was diagnosed & I was found to be very low in vitamin D. Either way, I'm knackered, even now my vitamin levels are up. How are you finding c.w.p? Is it effecting your hypermobility at all?

I was diagnosed with CFS a few years ago - honestly the Cambridge diet has helped me no end. I feel more alert and awake then I have done in the past. I'm getting the usual (for me) winter blues where things ache and I get tired but my brain function is higher than it has been in a long time. I think for me, certainly, low carb is the key that helps this. I'm going to up my Vitamin D though - as still feel a bit deficient and hope that gets rid of these winter blues.

I was diagnosed with CFS a few years ago - honestly the Cambridge diet has helped me no end. I feel more alert and awake then I have done in the past. I'm getting the usual (for me) winter blues where things ache and I get tired but my brain function is higher than it has been in a long time. I think for me, certainly, low carb is the key that helps this. I'm going to up my Vitamin D though - as still feel a bit deficient and hope that gets rid of these winter blues.

Thanks for the reply :) It's good to hear it's helping with you.

When I did cwp before, i hadn't been diagnosed with hypermobility, so I think I was expecting too much. Now I realise that I'm always going to have aches & pains and pretty much be tired more than most (including the fuzzy head!) so I think maybe I'll look at things in a different way now. I have also managed to lose 3st with slimming world, so knowing there's not quite so much to lose & that I can do it in stages will help.

Can you get your vitamin D tested if you feel low? Mine was only tested because I thought I might be getting arthritis (luckily 'just' hypermobility) and it showed I had a severe lack in vitamin D, I was given a very, very high dose & was tested again after 3 months & it was almost back to normal :)

I had it tested start of the summer and was really really low and started taking tablets. I've just been incredibly lazy about taking them even though they make me feel better and have been forgetting them! I'm going to put the bottle right next to my toothbrush so it's one of the first things I do in the morning!

Back