Has anyone had a Hycosy?

starr89

Iv got to go in on Thursday to have a Hycosy done (to see if my tubes are blocked, im pcos and ttc). I was wondering if anyone else has had one and what to expect.

Hi, I had this procedure done at the end of April 2006 and by the end of May 2006 I was Pregnant, and I now have a very healthy just turned 4 year old son, PCOD, but I also have a prolactinoma(pituitary tumour) and Diabetes. I havent been able to concieve a 2nd child since I was caught after having the Hyscopy, I am due to go in for a Laparoscopy and Ovarian drilling in the next few weeks. With regards to the Hyscopy you will feel a little sore for a few days, remember and take it easy, I have very tiny scars, 1 in my belly button, and 2 either side of my pubic area where the probes and cameras where inserted. If you suffer from trapped wind in the shoulder areas it can be very painful this usually happens as when you are under then inflate your tummy with gas and this is just the gas dispersing from your body, Peppermint tea can help. I hope it goes well for you, it should do its a very straight forward proceedure and is perfomed quite frequently.
Take care x

Back