Has Anyone Had...

bunny_hops

Violet is shrinking
A tattoo while doing TS?

I've got a list of things I want to treat myself to while I'm loosing weight and hitting targets, I've now lost 6 stone and one of my treats is to get a tattoo. (I want the birth flowers of my 2 children)

Sometimes having a tattoo done can make you a little giddy, and some tattooists advise people to have something sweet before they come, just in case they get a little giddy. (I've had a tattoo before and didn't get giddy but I wasn't on a diet then)

Has anyone had a tattoo while on TS and have they been ok?

Haven't had any of my tattoos whilst on VLCD, but did have a piercing, although my friend did and she was fine, think she said she had her bar before she went? X

I've got other tattoos and I've never had a problem before, the pain doesn't really bother me...I just wondered whether having a really low cal intake would make you a bit whoozy.. the tattooist (on his website)recommends people have a mars bar or similar before they come to prevent any giddyness..but I think that applies to more sensitive people, so I should be fine..

bunny_hops said:
I've got other tattoos and I've never had a problem before, the pain doesn't really bother me...I just wondered whether having a really low cal intake would make you a bit whoozy.. the tattooist (on his website)recommends people have a mars bar or similar before they come to prevent any giddyness..but I think that applies to more sensitive people, so I should be fine..

Yeah, I would have thought so. Maybe just to be on the safe side, have a bar/pack just before you go! Good luck! X

Hey, the giddiness feeling is down to people's response to adrenaline. Me for example, I get the same response having a tattoo as I did when I was in a mild car accident. Really light flippy tummy and a bit of the shakes. I haven't had a tat on vlcd, but I could see how it could exasperate my adrenaline response, and would prob make sure I'd at least a bar in me before hand.

I've been thinking about getting another one soon, but a bit worried about the quality of my skin. It's not hanging down loose by anymeans, but I can see how there is a bit of give in it. Think I'll wait till I'm back on food so as the glyeceryn (whatever) is back under my skin first

63lb to lose. WI 1-4: -19. WI5, -2. WI6, +1. WI7 -5. 38lbs to go

Back