Has anyone just joined SW who would like to join in losing weight with me?

I don't weigh til Monday, just on my own scales, not going to classes again til i get the brood back to school! Not having a great week, mostly cos I have a lot on and out most of the day, running here there and everywhere with the kids, and I've not go the food end of thing properly organised, been having low fat lunches from M&S for lunch, no notion of the syns in those. So last night I made curry to do me for the next two evenings and Ive made a salad for me to take with me today :)

I dont weigh in til tomorrow night, been a bit iffy with not eating enough this week with some tum probs....hoping for a loss tho :eek:
Theyve changed their minds now about eggs being bad for you tho havent they, Ive got high cholesterol and on meds for it,and the doc says eggs are fine as they now say the fat in eggs doesnt affect it???? they change things all the flipping time tho :mad: I eat about 4 eggs a day sometimes more.

Ive been having 4 squares of dairy milk from a 230g big bar on an evening....I synned it up at 6 syns (absolute heaven :D)
and made a virtually syn free fruit roulade for pud (1/2 syn for the whole cake) that is reallllly nice)

Hi hun,
Would you put recipe up for roulade. Thanks :)

Ooooops... just seen it above, how did I miss that?

God I am such a slack alice at the moment!

I will when I get the quark... its like finding gold dust!

There must be more ppl on SW than you think, because as soon as it hits the shelf its gone! lol

Hi girls, I'd also like to join this thread too if you all don't mind! I just returned to slimming world a week ago after being in Florida on a university placement, I'd been at SW last summer before I went away and lost a stone, and somehow (God only knows) I managed to stay the same while i was in the states. Back now with 2 stones to lose before a wedding and my graduation next summer so trying to get stuck into it!
I had my first weigh in there on Tuesday past, and only lost 2lbs, bit rubbish for my 1st week but I didn't really stick to the plan by any definition i guess, i was drinking at the weekend, and I had some pizza, and just a few too many syns the odd day so really its a miracle that I lost anything at all!
Definitely sticking to it this week, so thought I'd come back on this site and be a little more motivated this time.
I was gonna say about that dessert that was mentioned, it's because of the pureed strawbs, but someone beat me to it! Oh and also, if its any help, our leader informed us again this week that you can have as many eggs as you want, that it doesnt pose a problem anymore as i think there were some questions raised about that in the classes, but she said it was fine to use as many eggs as you wanted as free foods!
Hopefully we'll all be able to learn from eachother :) Im really excited about starting my SW journey again, and losing the weight!

Hey dont beat yourself up about 'only 2lb' :wave_cry: .....a loss is a loss whichever way you look at it :D Like you said if you had a week where you werent totally on the plan then its pretty good going ;)

Well I hope everyone is settling into the plan ok.....the numbers on this little thread seem to be growing a bit which is great for the support we could all do with to keep us on track:rolleyes:. I weigh in tonight....Im hoping for a loss but Ive had an iffy week and not eaten a real lot a couple of days with my tum prob.....we shall see :confused:

Hi

I just rejoined last night, lost 3 stone or so a few years ago so I know I can do it. And you all can too, just a case of finding things you love on the plan. I think I lived on Quorn Swedish Meatballs and syn free roast potatoes last time.

Just been to sainsburys and found a load more quorn stuff so the freezer is full now. The 'sliced meat' is ace, means I will be able to eat lunch this time round!

Helen

Constantly dizzy, thanks for posting that recipe for roulade. Unfortunately in South Ireland quark is not sold here. Does anyone know an alternative, would extra light philadelphia be like it?

Constantly dizzy, thanks for posting that recipe for roulade. Unfortunately in South Ireland quark is not sold here. Does anyone know an alternative, would extra light philadelphia be like it?

Mmmm? yes it would work great ;)but the syn value would be a little higher thats all. Or if your planning on serving it all straight away just do the fat free greek yog as a filling (you could just use sweetener&mybe vanilla essence to give it some oomph or use the white choc options at 2 syns for the lot?)

Hey ladies it was WI last night I lost 2lb (eating roulade too lol:D)

Hm

Just realised I missed my HEX A yesterday. Had 2 B's and meant to eat some cheese later on, but just forgot.

Should I eat two today to make up for it? I know that when I did it before, the weeks when I missed the HEX A were the weeks I lost less/STS

H

PS, I made the roulade last night, had no vanilla essence tho so put some skinny cow hot chocolate in it - 2 syns. Everything tasted lovely seperate, but the roulade, fruit and chocolate quark together was just euw. Will try again with vanilla, and maybe some smaller fruit pieces. I used frozen tropical fruit - mango etc from sainsburys and it was far too lumpy

Hm

Just realised I missed my HEX A yesterday. Had 2 B's and meant to eat some cheese later on, but just forgot.

Should I eat two today to make up for it? I know that when I did it before, the weeks when I missed the HEX A were the weeks I lost less/STS

H

PS, I made the roulade last night, had no vanilla essence tho so put some skinny cow hot chocolate in it - 2 syns. Everything tasted lovely seperate, but the roulade, fruit and chocolate quark together was just euw. Will try again with vanilla, and maybe some smaller fruit pieces. I used frozen tropical fruit - mango etc from sainsburys and it was far too lumpy
I take it you are doing red & green days? (you only have 2 of each on them) you have only 1 of each if your doing Extra Easy.
No I wouldnt have 2 today to make up for it, I would just carry on as normal (Im nor sure that it works the same way as it would with saving syns up to use later:confused:) I think the HE choices are something to do with the way we process the food we eat.....but I may be wrong there :eek:
Sorry the roulade didnt turn out too fab lol I used rasberries and peach which I chopped up really small so it rolled easily....and you should definately try the WHITE CHOC OPTIONS IN FAT FREE GREEK YOGHURT.....honest its to die for!!!!!!!! :D

ok thanks. i ate plenty of calcium yday in the form of yogurts, so hopefully thatll go somewhere towards fulfilling what i missed out on with the hex a

I joined again last Monday so am new again to SW. I have had a quick look through this thread and keen to join in as this time I am really going to make a good go of it. This week hasn't been great so any weight loss tomorrow will be good. I will be trying the fruit roulade though it sounds great!

Can I join as well ? I am due my second weigh tomorrow , lost 3lbs the first week. Think I have got the hang of it , but you never know. I ma doing the extra easy

Only a pound off this week. I can blame the late night food after having a drink so at least I know where I have gone astray. Full steam ahead this week as i have got gym classes until Saturday with friends, so I MUST go. Better luck next week!

I have been doing it myself and have lost 11lbs in 4 weeks. REally delighted with myself. I tried the roulade and its yummy, been using 0% greek yoghurt in place of quark. Also had the diet coke chicken it was really different.

How is everyone else getting on?

Back