Has anyone kept the weight off!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My CDC councillor is tiny and has kept her weight off for donkeys years. It seems that very few do from those stats, but you can only think about your own weight-loss. Comparing yourself to others in that way isnt such a good idea (for me anyway).

better keep at it and take charge of my portion control when i have lost weight as i do think sometimes i havea eating disorder and dont no when to stop even when im full

agree with the above... also my argument when people tell me how most dieters regain the weight is... what am i supposed to do then?? accept that i am obese and just stay that way doing nothing about it and being unhappy??!

Great thread. :)

nice comments

my main problem is when i have been told you look thin or youve lost weight its a excuse to start eating lol
i got to sort it out

I do that! I didn't keep my weight off ..... lost 3 and a half stone and have put three back on.

My hubby did the diet at the same time as me, lost 4 and a half stone, and is maintaining within a half a stone of his best weight. He loves to go down the gym, so he can quickly lose any weight from binge weekends, etc.

I don't know if Porgeous will read this, but she is still looking gorgeous! She is such an inspiration.

Im ashamed to say I joined every weight watchers within 25 miles of my house - no actually i really really did! And i always ended up heavier than i started.

No one has the answer to staying slim (although i want it if there is one haha) .I guess its finding a diet your happy with and doing your best that's all you can ask of yourself!

I lost 4st12 before xmas, came off for a full 2 weeks and have had a few very naughty weekends throughout Jan and Feb,but have not reverted back to the old me and am once again at my 4st 12 loss,I know I would never have kept it off on sw or ww.
Has also helped having my lovely cdc come round to my house each week.
Although I am off for another weekend away still had a shake for breakie because I love the cd packs,the fact that I have been able to use the packs to help me maintain whilst having a very social few months has made me feel in control and am now looking forward to going back on 100 per cent after my hols in march.
This diet is just great. x

No one has the answer to staying slim

Umm. I do! :D But my answer suits me but might not suit the next person.

.I guess its finding a diet your happy with

Or not finding a diet at all. Or should I say, finding a way of eating that isn't a tweaked weight loss diet;)...as in eating 'normally'. Yeah...I know it sounds a bit far out and weird:D Works though ;)

I love this thread and reading about people maintaining.

I lost lots on CD twice and put lots (though never all of it) back on, (so I did end up lighter each time) - now however, for the third and final time I am going strong - in week 7. My biggest concern is that I will somehow undo all my good work - yet again - because I really don't think tackling this for a fourth time would be an option.

The main change I am planning for "afterwards", and what really seems to make the difference is the moving up through the plans. Almost everyone who is successfully maintaining mentions it - and it's something I didn't do either time because I stopped to go on holiday - then didn't come back and pick up where I left off.

Well done maintainers - I WILL JOIN YOU.

Nelli

Great thread!

My plan to maintain is also to follow the plans properly. But the best advice I have had is to ditch all your old clothes./ As your jeans start to get loose chuck them, buy the next size down and slim into them. A few weeks later you'll be buying the next size down again. If you have a nice comfy pair lurking in the back of the wardrobe then you'll talk yourself into putting off the diet. if however you only have a few pairs which FIT (not able to grow into lol), then as soon as they feel a little tight you will know to rein it in a bit. i really think that Evans and their bloody elasticated waists have a lot to answer for!!!!!! You can be at least a stone either way and they will still fit. BAN ELASTICATED CLOTHES!!!!!!!

Can anybody update on this thread as to whether they kept the weight off or regained it after finishing the Cambridge. I am wanting to start but want to be realistic, I do not want to 5 years down the line end up eating shakes every day. Many thanks from somebody who has had her lightbulb moment regarding weight problems

Can anybody update on this thread as to whether they kept the weight off or regained it after finishing the Cambridge. I am wanting to start but want to be realistic, I do not want to 5 years down the line end up eating shakes every day. Many thanks from somebody who has had her lightbulb moment regarding weight problems

Hi Neavsie, that is totally up to you! As a re-starater (personal issues turned me to eating and drinking). I put all but half a stone back on. I am having my third weigh in this evening and am still feeling positive. When I lost all the weight last time (actually on Lighter Life) I didn't go through the maintenance steps and that is my biggest regret. I believe that is the time we face our issues and are 'taught' how to eat a proper balance diet with the correct portion sizes. If we go back to what we did before starting out journey, it is inevitable that the weight will go back on. This is for life, not jut for a quick fix!
Good luck if you do decide to go on plan - lots of support here.
xxxx

Back