Has anyone made a blood donation while on the Cambridge Diet?

dizzy-n-mizzy

Not dieting ATM!
I feel bad not giving blood whenever I can was wondering when it is OK to do so again? Thanks for your advice/info? Dizzy

Hi Dizzy,

I've thought about your question logically:confused: ( I'm not a CDC, just a nurse). I wouldn't if I were you. I can't imagine that the diet would effect your major blood constituents, your cells but it is likely to alter the minerals in your blood. So your plasma wouldn't be the same? Plus you wold have higher levels of ketones in it. Your kidneys are working hard right now so I would hesitate to give them extra work.....I wouldn't be doing CD if I didn't think it was safe but I'd hesitate to let my blood go...I need it!:) I may be wrong!:rolleyes:

Thanks Squidgy that's great advice. It would be worse than not giving to give and it be no use! I will wait then until I am eating 3 meals a day. Dizzy

Then you will be able to feel great for three reasons: you look fab, you're much healthier (blood included), and you can share it!
x

Hi,

This is offical CD guidance:

The ‘Sole Source’ programme should not be followed for
one week preceding blood donation and for one week
after. In fact, a centre will refuse to take blood if
they know the donor is on a very low calorie diet,
because blood viscosity and volume are affected by the
‘Sole Source’ programme.

Linda

Thank you. So is it only during sole sourcing not at other stages of the diet?

Thank you. I think that's best now especially after Squidgy's advice too. Thanks all.

Hi Dizzy,

I've thought about your question logically:confused: ( I'm not a CDC, just a nurse). I wouldn't if I were you. I can't imagine that the diet would effect your major blood constituents, your cells but it is likely to alter the minerals in your blood. So your plasma wouldn't be the same? Plus you wold have higher levels of ketones in it. Your kidneys are working hard right now so I would hesitate to give them extra work.....I wouldn't be doing CD if I didn't think it was safe but I'd hesitate to let my blood go...I need it!:) I may be wrong!:rolleyes:

Well done Squidgy,

Very good and easy to understand the way you explained this.

Love Mini xxx

Back