Puddings Has anyone made the Lemon Mousse Terrine?!

funcurls

Never gets tired of SW!
Hi all, just wondering if anyone has made the Lemon Mousse Terrine from the calendar that came free with Jan/Feb issue of SW Mag!! I really want to make it over the weekend- I have ingredients at the ready, but wanted to hear if anyone else has done it and if so how it turned out/any tips!! It looks so perfect in the picture- You make it in a baking tin and turn it out at the end after immersing the tin in hot water- does this work OK?!X

Someone made this in my group at a taster session we recently had and it was absolutely divine. It looked lovely too. She made it as per the instructions and it turned out perfectly. I can't believe something so tasty could be so low in syns!!! Go for it!!! xxxx

Ooh thanx guys, I'll definitely be doing this then, for my class on Monday! Our local paper are coming to my group!! Bring on the lemon!!XXX

I made it, followed the instructions and it was fab - served it to my parents :)

I remember lining the loaf tin with cling film, then taking a minute to smooth it out - worthwhile.

I have made this several times since seeing the recipe in an earlier mag, I don't bother putting sweetner in, have also tried it with different flavour jellies, the raspberry one is nice served with either sainsburys basics frozen berries or fresh raspberries

Hi All. I love the sound of this but didn't join SW until the end of Jan so I missed the magazine. If anybody still has it I would be really grateful if you could post it.
Thanks

o_O we really want to make this, but cant seem to find sugar free lemon jelly.. found every other flavour today! Have made something similar with rasperry jelly instead and it was devine :)

I'm always making this. Still haven't found lemon jelly so use lime. I make it in a silicon loaf tin so theres no need to line etc as nothing sticks.:flirt2:

I made this with the lemon and lime sugar free jelly and wasn't too keen tbh, but like Hanz and kaydn I have experimented with different jellies and even flavored yoghurts and adapted it to my own taste.

bump bump - anyone have the recipe for this, I think it would be ideal at the taster session our group is having in a couple of weeks.

Ignore me, found it on Gooogle :D

Slimming World - Lemon Mousse Terrine
Original 1/2 syn | Green 1/2

Serves 4 - Ready in about 25 minutes, plus overnight chilling

Ingredients

1 sachet sugar-free lemon jelly
4 tsp powdered gelatine
Zest of 1 lemon
2 x 200g pots Smooth Vanilla Mullerlight yogurt
7oz/198g quark
4-5 tbsp artifical sweetener (or to taste)
1 large egg white

For the crystallised lemon slivers:

Zest of 2 lemons
1 tbsp artificial sweetener

Method

Make up the jelly with 1/4pint/142ml boiling water. Stir in the gelatine and leave to cool. When cool pour jelly mixture into a blender, add the lemon zest, Mullerlight yogurt, quark and sweetener and blitz until smooth.

In a large bowl whisk the egg white until stiff. Slowly fold in the jelly and yogurt mixture, pour into a non-stick loaf tin and chill overnight, or until set.

To make the crystallised lemon slivers, place the lemon zest in a pan with the sweetener and 4fl oz/113ml water. Bring to the boil and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until most of the water has evaporated. Remove the slivers and place on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment.

Remove the terrine by dipping the tin in hot water for 30 seconds and carefully turning out onto a serving platter. Decorate with the lemon slivers, slice and serve.

It tasted the nicest with the lemon mullerlight that was a special one a while back (not the cheesecake one, the one before, lemon and lime perhaps).

Have also made it with various other yogs, eg strawb plus strawberries. So so good.

Back