Has anyone plateaud for longer than a week?

coley144

Creating my life
I went to my 18th week weigh in last night and for the second week running I have lost 0. Nothing.

I've had a week where I lost nothing before (TOTM) but that isn't the case now. I've followed the diet 100%. I'm drinking enough water. I'm not bunged up.

Even my CDC was starting to sound concerned last night! So please someone reassure me that, whilst unusual, I'm not the only one...

Oh I have no idea sorry but just wanted to say sorry you had this result, it doesn't make sense does it! I am sure someone can associate with you but I am watching biggest loser on tv at the moment and they have had a couple of -1lb, 0 and +1lbs and they are working out so much that it seems insane they shouldn't lose more, but then the following weeks they often drop big numbers, I think the body does hold on sometimes until it has time to catch up???

Hope you get a big loss soon and well done for doing 18 weeks, thats fab! xx

you will still be losing inches but your body just needs time to catch up sometimes.
the only time i had such a plateau was when i was drinking diet coke. i guess the citric acid really is a no no so it was self inflicted.
there is NO way you can not be losing weight so please dont give up.
push through this and you will be rewarded...eventually!
well done for not caving in x

Thank you for your replies. It is SOooo frustrating!

The only thing I can think it could possibly be is that I moved to 1 bar a day rather than 1/2 a bar. I'm dropping back to 1/2 a bar this week but I was in ketosis on 810 so I don't think my carb threshold is that low.

The bars really stall my weight loss. You must be sensitive to the fibre in them. I just have one a week as anymore & my weight loss is affected. x

did you take your aam on week 12th? Not sure tbh only new to it all, do some people not lose on the bars then?? oh no, they are so nice too

Chin up honey, you will get there... think about it. A plateau is a flat space on a mountainside, a place for you to catch your breath before carrying on with the climb. Try to see this as your body catching its breath. As everyone has said, you will still be losing inches & burning fat - but perhaps your body needs a break to adjust to the huge changes it has had to handle so far. Take a deep breath - onwards & upwards!
xx

Try not to worry about it, the weight really will start to drop again, as the others have said.. the body will catch up, well done on staying strong.

Thanks again for your comments. I'm on SS+ so I haven't done the AAM week. I am trying to see this as not a negative thing but it is hard! Thing is I'm on my 18th week....I've been doing this A LONG time and am already struggling with sheer boredom so boredom combined with no losses is very hard. I'm not saying I'll give up - I don't give up so that's not the issue - it's more how I'll feel whilst doing it.

I was on SS+ abd am just coming out of a 7 week plateau - lose 1/2 sts lose 1 +1 sts etc. I went up a level and now onto SS. I have 19lbs to lose approx for a healthy bmi.

If you're absolutely sure you're following the diet to the letter, then I promise you, you're still losing fat. I wouldn't blame it on the bars or even citric acid in diet coke, etc. - those things might cause a temporary fluctuation, but there are so few calories to consume on the CD that they couldn't possibly make a difference in the long term.

What's likely to be your problem is water retention. It's actually a good thing - though I know it doesn't feel like it at the moment. Your body doesn't actually like it when you change the status quo. It likes you to be at the same weight. It likes to know how hard it is to pump your blood around, how much it can filter through your kidneys, etc..

So in order to protect itself when you're losing weight fast, it keeps hold of more water in order to try and keep that status quo. But it is just water. So long as you don't crack, it will come off - and probably all at once.

Hang in there.

I went to my 18th week weigh in last night and for the second week running I have lost 0. Nothing.

I've had a week where I lost nothing before (TOTM) but that isn't the case now. I've followed the diet 100%. I'm drinking enough water. I'm not bunged up.

Even my CDC was starting to sound concerned last night! So please someone reassure me that, whilst unusual, I'm not the only one...

On VLCD if this is occurring it means you are not active enough, how much do you exercise a week, i would start introducing this if you have not.

Think about it, the body is now in survival mode and thinks you are starving its therefore holding onto he fat reserves.

Increase water by extra litre and start to do light exercise even long brisk walks

I do exercise - not much admittedly because I have no energy but I am stepping it up this week.

I haven't had diet coke or anything off the diet.

I know I just have to keep going.

Back