Has anyone read The lovely bones?

did everyone know its being made into a movie? peter jackson is the director.. should be out in 2009.. they're recording it now.. amanda joy is in it.. yay!!!
aly and aj <3
the book is awesome.. so sad though.. :(

I thought they would make it into a film.

I've read it and although I agree the concept is interesting, I don't think it was as well written as it could have been.

Have just read Jacky Trevane's Fatwa: Living with a death threat, it kept me hooked from start to finish x

Dont go into Childrens Services - I have literally watched it destroy people! You try your best, you do what you can and you then get criticised by your team leader (because they always would have removed the children earlier); by the court becasue your reports are late because you have twice as many families to deal with as you should, by the children, because until you have done the work with them they view their removal from home as your fault so you are the baddy, by the parents because they lost their children because of you not because they should not even be allowed to keep goldfish, and lastly, by nasty people like me - the family barrister, who will go all out to demonstrate that you are completely incompetant, do not know one end of social work from the other, and are totally wrong!!!

Sorry for ranting, but my job gets me down - children deserve better than what we currently give them!:cry:

I have read the lovlely bones and it was a reaaly mover.

Amanda I do sympathise with you. I am aprobation officer and we have too muich work and not enough staff. Senior managemtn want reports to court and reviews of plans done to National standards. so in essence we spend more time in front of computer then we doo see ign people. I liove thw rok but not the envirment in which we work

I read the Lovely Bones in about 2 days I loved it but was so frustrated at the way they never get to punish the killer! It was a book that really got inside my head i couldn't stop thinking about it. It was mad the way you know she is dead but up until the end of the first chapter you still keep hoping she doesn't die! Maybe just me lol.

i read a child called it afew years ago. my fav book i have ever read although im not a big book reader. as soon as i saw this thread i glanced at my shelf and saw 'The lovely bones' my mum lent me it about 6 months ago and never read it. might have to give it ago after reading this tho

Oh The Lovely Bones, what an amazing story. Has anyone read her other book 'Lucky' ? That woman has been through sheer hell, it makes reading The Lovely Bones even more poignant. :(

Subject matter asside (it goes without saying very sad and disturbing) I found the book dull and predictable. Still, it would be a very boring world if we all liked the same things

xx

owww I love Ryan Gosling too. He was delish in 'The Notebook'. Oh well Mark Wahlberg it is then!!

I loved this book and can't wait to see it made into a film...

Back