Has anyone seen the atkins documentary on 4oD?

Oooh will give that a watch :)

Thanks for posting this, I really enjoyed it. I think the woman would be a whinger on Atkins or not, she had that sort of face - not that I'm being judgemental or anything ;)

Yeah I watched it before I started the diet to get some more info. She didn't even try at all and then moaned whilst sitting stuffing her face with cornflakes and multiple fruits!! Flaming moaner. xx

ooooh worth a watch then!! ill let you know what i think when i do get around to watching it lol x

What a whingebag! :eek:

she had a very bad attitude towards the diet, maybe it stems from all the other diets and plans she tried before.

no chance she was gonna pass that police fitness test, not that i would either :ashamed0005:

Just from reading all that I'm not going to watch, I'll just lose my temper and start shouting at the telly. :D

Was it wrong to be pleased when the whingeing, defeatist, self-sabotaging, antagonistic, sour-faced mare failed her test? ;)

Eggs, bacon, loads of salads and heavy dressings, cheese, sausages, steaks, MiMs, burgers, fish, chops, cheeseburger pie, chicken...

The list of hardships just goes on and on! :D

Eggs, bacon, loads of salads and heavy dressings, cheese, sausages, steaks, MiMs, burgers, fish, chops, cheeseburger pie, chicken...

The list of hardships just goes on and on! :D

it's a hard life we put ourselves through huh ;)

Dave1983....where abouts in staffs are you?

OMG im about to rant!!!!

i cannot believe that a prog aired and filmed in the UK only showed success stories and help and acceptance.....all in the USA!!

YES the USA have shops for atkins low carb foods and restuarants that will let you choose the lower carb option and even CATER for your low carb needs!!!

it showed 2? people that had succesfully lost weigh in the UK....1 lady, reverted from a vegetarian diet to a carnivore diet to lose weight, and YES the risk for her being overweight MASSIVLY outweighed ANY (unconfirmed) riskes that Atkins diet had a risk of.

The lady that did the diet, put 2lb on over the weekend, BUT she ate fruit and cereal for that weekend, and that sort of allowance can only be made in Ongoing weight loss stage,

Im VERY frustrated that they did not show a true representation of the 'diet' and the fact that the diet has been ongoing now for close to 30 years....NO-ONE has ever died from the actual diet, those overwight people that have were obesely overweight anyway and thus it having its own risks of heart disease and other ailments!!!

YES, i am biased as the diet is working for me, but i refused to believe that the lady advises she has been on a diet ALL of her life and she is not a small person.....WHO in their right mind, a person on a diet, will STARE at a take away menu wondering what she can eat???? you do NOT get fat by eating salad and healthy options, you get FAT by eating bad food, takeaways and too much alcohol.......

she didnt want to lose weight, and im sorry BUT if she wanted to be a police officer SOOOOO badly then after losing 8lb in the first week and reasling she could lose actually MORE than the stone she watnted to in the forst week she would have STUCK at it and done it better!!!

Why did no one say anything about atkins flu??? we were all prepared for this....yet she read the book and wasnt??? crap, crap, crap....that programm was a crock of ***** and i have a good mind to actually make a complaint to chanle 4 for not showing a true representative of the actual diet!

ARGH RANT OVER!!!
(and im sure this would have been JIM'S rant if he had of watched it)

Ooh blimey, I didn't notice that there wasn't many UK success stories actually! I wasn't very polite about the woman when I was watching it either, but I played it loud enough for my boyfriend to hear as he still thinks eating all that meat is bad for you...the proof will be in the (low carb) pudding!

What a ridiculous person to trial the diet, no discipline, will power, and as you quite rightly said, she didn't really want to lose weight!

Ooh blimey, I didn't notice that there wasn't many UK success stories actually! I wasn't very polite about the woman when I was watching it either, but I played it loud enough for my boyfriend to hear as he still thinks eating all that meat is bad for you...the proof will be in the (low carb) pudding!

What a ridiculous person to trial the diet, no discipline, will power, and as you quite rightly said, she didn't really want to lose weight!

im sorry but i have tried....TRY being the operative word other diets and NO diet has allowed me (anmd my will power) to stick to it for 4 months.....

i dont think will power comes into it, you can eat 3 substantial meals per day and after a few days your get appetitie loss as well....how much will power do you need!

Channel 4 wanted to make a doc that didn't 'big' Atkins up....they certainly did that......

they could have EASILY found a forum (which ain't rocket science) like ours and find living proof that we can bloody do it!

argh im not angry at you, i shouldnt have watched that programme lol

If she really did want to be in the forces that much AND she had already failed once she wouldn't have let ANYTHING stop her. She would have lost that weight and been training everyday.

She just didn't want it enough. I felt bad for her, cos she really didn't get how her body or the diet works and inevitably she failed.

Back