Has anyone started ww over 10 times? (bit long-sorry!)

sharron12

Hi, I restarted ww again last Friday (I have seriously lost count of the times i have done this!) and hoping to lose 3.5 stones. Over the past 15 years I have been on/off ww, slimming world and slimfast almost constantly. In this time my weight has gone from 8 st 10 to my current 13 st 1, so as you can see i'm a yo yo dieter:sigh:. I don't understand why my relationship with food is just so weird, i think about it constantly, when i am happy i eat, when i'm sad i eat, when i'm worried i eat...you get the picture! I don't seem to see it as 'fuel' as some people can.

Anyway, I'm after some advice, which is... how can i make it work this time when it hasn't worked at other times? I could literally write a book on ww now, I know exactly what to do - so why don't i do it? This time last year I was doing well and had got down to 10st 13lbs but my motivation seemed to just go away overnight for some reason. If this was someone else's post I would know exactly what advice to give but I can't seem to say it to myself!

Right now I am motivated and enjoying being back in control so please please send me your top tips if you can! I'm so tired of my life being ruled by being on or off ww! Thanks everyone x

my tip for you would be to read some self help books. this has seriously helped me see this diet as different to others. one i really recommend is "beyond temptation" How to stop overeating and feel normal and in control around food. by sophie and audrey boss. its a great book wheter you have 1stone or 15stone to lose. it really helps change the way you think. what i'm doing is reading books for the psychological part of my weight problem and using ww for the psychical part. fingers crossed !

celtgirl said:
my tip for you would be to read some self help books. this has seriously helped me see this diet as different to others. one i really recommend is "beyond temptation" How to stop overeating and feel normal and in control around food. by sophie and audrey boss. its a great book wheter you have 1stone or 15stone to lose. it really helps change the way you think. what i'm doing is reading books for the psychological part of my weight problem and using ww for the psychical part. fingers crossed !

Thank you so much for that! I have never tried a self help book but will get onto amazon x

Is that very different to their Beyond Chocolate book? I've read that (but a few years ago) and actually found that it didn't help me. I was living alone for the first time and I normalised chocolate to the extent that I would eat it instead of a meal. As a result I ended up at WW for the first time, weighing my heaviest (just under 13st).

I'd like to think that my attitudes to food have changed since then and maybe have another go at reading one of their books (I got rid of BC).

This is my 4th time joining ww. The first time was 10 years ago when I was 21. I lost 2.5 stone but never went on to lose that extra stone that would have got me to Gold! I maintained my weight and the next time I joined was after having my first baby. I again got down to the weight I was before but never reached gold and just gave up. The next time was last year where I lost a stone but was just a couple of lbs Away from gold (so close but yet so far!) then I got pregnant again & so here I am joined back again. I put on 4 stone with this pregnancy. My son is now 10 wks old. I joined 4 weeks ago and in those 4 wks I have lost 1 stone 1lb. Have just over 2.5 stone to go this time to goal. I am absolutely 100% focused and determined to do it this time! (Without getting pregnant again, lol. That won't be happening for at least another 2 & half yrs!!)

Hi, I restarted ww again last Friday (I have seriously lost count of the times i have done this!) and hoping to lose 3.5 stones. Over the past 15 years I have been on/off ww, slimming world and slimfast almost constantly. In this time my weight has gone from 8 st 10 to my current 13 st 1, so as you can see i'm a yo yo dieter:sigh:. I don't understand why my relationship with food is just so weird, i think about it constantly, when i am happy i eat, when i'm sad i eat, when i'm worried i eat...you get the picture! I don't seem to see it as 'fuel' as some people can.

Anyway, I'm after some advice, which is... how can i make it work this time when it hasn't worked at other times? I could literally write a book on ww now, I know exactly what to do - so why don't i do it? This time last year I was doing well and had got down to 10st 13lbs but my motivation seemed to just go away overnight for some reason. If this was someone else's post I would know exactly what advice to give but I can't seem to say it to myself!

Right now I am motivated and enjoying being back in control so please please send me your top tips if you can! I'm so tired of my life being ruled by being on or off ww! Thanks everyone x

Oh Sharron I had to check your signature you could be me! I too am an expert on both ww and sw and would love to be a consultant for either if only i coud drive!
Mt weight has been stable for most of my adult life at 10 stone,with good weights ,I went down to 10st 6 when I met OH 14 years ago (no food,just alcohol!)to my present all time high of 13st 10 the residue of my having another baby 3 years ago at the age of 45!! ANYWAY I,ve re-joined ww on-line today and i will not have another summer praying for rain!
Good luck you can do it!
Sal x

Oh yes, I've done WW far more than ten times! This time it IS working for me. There is a very simple reason which is all explained in my diary (link below) - post 71 is the big explanation :)

i could have written your post sharron12, omg i have started ww,sw, cc so many times, ive tried just eatting when im hungrey, but i just cant do it, im either on a diet and being "good" or off a diet and binging, am so gonna get that book, im so fed up with my awful relasonship to food, its so unhealthy, i think about it constantly, whats for breakfast, how long till breakfast, what will i eat when i go to so and so, ahhhhh, thanks fo rthe book reccommendation, off to look now.

Oh girls I'm right with u on this one I don't know weather to do a variety of diets as I'm fed up of being the size I am I read this post and thought this is me am joining ww online today
Hope we can support each other x

Is that very different to their Beyond Chocolate book? I've read that (but a few years ago) and actually found that it didn't help me. I was living alone for the first time and I normalised chocolate to the extent that I would eat it instead of a meal. As a result I ended up at WW for the first time, weighing my heaviest (just under 13st).

I'd like to think that my attitudes to food have changed since then and maybe have another go at reading one of their books (I got rid of BC).

I havent actually read beyond chocolate because i havent got a sweet tooth (a stupid reason when i think about it) the books are keeping me on top form but i understand they might not work for everyone. it can be very disheartening when you have an awful lot of weight to lose like i do so im using them this time to stop me from hitting that "its too much i cant do it" wall. fingers crossed.

I have downloaded the book and started it last night - i agree with what they are saying so far but its such a different approach to ww/sw that its going to take a while to get my head round it but its really interesting.

Back