Has anyone tried a Vibro-Plate

bluedaisy

Has any1 tried a Vibro-plate? It's a machine that you stand on and it vibrates to tone you up, you do it for 10 mins about 3 times a wk. I was thinking of maybe doing it - especially for my arms. Was just wondering if any1 had tried it and what the results are like?

I've not heard of this exactly but it sounds a little similar to something my mother had in her garage once - you'd stand on it and place the belt just under your bum (I think) and it would jiggle around until you apparently lost weight...? I've not tried anything like it though so I'm not sure.

seen them on tv ad's aren't they quiet expensive, same principle as slender tone I think, but on a bigger scale.

mmmm maybe that could help with the earlier orgasam problem ..lol ..oopps sorry sex on the brain

I did it for a month, but in all honesty i couldn't see any changes you could feel it working whilst on the machine but i don't think it made a difference overall
you do 5 different exercises 2 mins each.

a vibro what?

god my ears pricked up then lol

Thanks office girl, ya I was thinking it was too gud to be true, but I mite try it for a wk or so and see i notice anything on my arms!
It's not too expensive, you can do it at a gym or somewhere, it costs €7 here for 10mins.

I've used it. I used to train once a week with a personal trainer until May and we used to use it for around 10 minutes each week as part of my training. Its fab - I've used it for squats, lunges, and triceps. You really feel it when you're on it and after the workout.

Its a pity they only let you use it during a paid for training session in my gym or I would probably use it more.

It feels a bit funny when you're on it - the one i used was opposite the tv screens and it looked like they were moving hehe. Trainer would make me alternate between the plate and the floor e.g 30 seconds of squatting on the plate and then 30 squats on the floor in 2 sets of 15 reps and then back on it. Normally 3 times for each different work out.

I've been vibro-plating since Easter, dieting since Oct between Oct and Easter lost 3 stone and didn't drop 1 dress size despite exercising. Now added the vibro-plating in and dropped 3 dress sizes in 3 months it is excellent, my thighs bum and arms have never looked so toned I love it

how does one lose 3 stone and not even lose a dress size? :confused::confused::confused:

QUOTE=Dragonmaiden;1843177]I've been vibro-plating since Easter, dieting since Oct between Oct and Easter lost 3 stone and didn't drop 1 dress size despite exercising. Now added the vibro-plating in and dropped 3 dress sizes in 3 months it is excellent, my thighs bum and arms have never looked so toned I love it[/QUOTE]

I have just hired a vibro plate last week - quite a big contraption...there is another thread by me that tells you about it.

Nicolas has been using one for a few weeks and the first week she saw an incredible inch loss as she is recording them...see her ticker.

I am hoping to use it to tone up as I have lost almost 3 stone and now want to tone all over and so far I am actually enjoying it and I can feel my muscles are contracting whilst on it.

You only do 10 mins max....and do a training program whereby you concentrate on each muscle group and do these for approx 30secs.

I will be posting on my other thread how I get on with it.

I've been measuring myself each week and whilst I had bad week this week in the three months since I started I've lost a total of 36 inches including 6.5 off my stomach.

As for why I didn't lose dress size after ditching 3 stone I have no idea, have to say my exercise regime wasn't as stringent as it is now. Although I've only added the 4.5 mile walk 4 days a week in the last 6 weeks, before that just ab crunches and bullworker. Got a dynaband the other day. Have to say the vibroplate doesn't half make you feel good afterwards gives your spirits a real lift

I used one for nearly a month now, since I came off tfr. I have lost about four pounds with health eating as well. At the beginning I measured my bust waist and hips. I measured them today and I have lost one inch of my bust, nearly one inch of my waist and half inch of my bum. I have noticed that my legs look more toned and so do my arms. I am so impressed that I am going to buy one. I go on it fifteen mins day, you do have to do the exercises though.

Hi Joy1,
what type of vibro plate have you, since there seems to be so many different ones, I wonder what type and price are you paying?
Doirin

I've been measuring myself each week and whilst I had bad week this week in the three months since I started I've lost a total of 36 inches including 6.5 off my stomach.

As for why I didn't lose dress size after ditching 3 stone I have no idea, have to say my exercise regime wasn't as stringent as it is now. Although I've only added the 4.5 mile walk 4 days a week in the last 6 weeks, before that just ab crunches and bullworker. Got a dynaband the other day. Have to say the vibroplate doesn't half make you feel good afterwards gives your spirits a real lift

You are really dedicated to exercise! Need to take a leaf out of your book!!! What else did you do for your stomach? This is my problem area and getting really impatient and frustrated now!!! Keep thinking liposuction :)!!!

hi doing sit ups on vibro plate and using A TRAINER BMI 500. Hired this for 50 pounds. going to buy one with a simliar spec called crazy vibro plate for 149pounds this month, wanted try it first before I invested. I feel really good afterwards and it also seems to help my aching legs, but you do have to be prepared to put the work in.

Back