Has anyone tried Quorn Meatballs?

I've not tried the Italian style ones, but just had the Quorn swedish style meatballs with dried noodles (all syn free) and Dolmio light bolognese sauce (3 syns for my portion) for my lunch and it was GORGEOUS!!

And better still, the wife AND both the kids enjoyed it so it is one of a rare breed of meals that we can all eat the same!

Just had the asda meat free balls in a home made spicy tomato sauce over pasta and they were nice but in my mind not quite as nice as quorn meatballs.

I also love quorn chicken style pieces but not fillets and really dislike quorn mince but love morrisons veggie mince. Bought asda veggie mince today and will see what i think.

Teresa

I'm a big fan of quorn meatballs. Its one of the few syn free SW dishes I cook that my boyf will eat with me- he loves them too. I usually make a tomato, red pepper and chilli sauce to go with them. I find they need lots of punchy flavours to make them tasty as they are quite bland. With a big pile of spaghetti, all free on a green day. Good for when I've used up all my HE's at lunch/brekky. Yum yum!!

Syns in quorn meatballs

I've just used syns calculator to work out syns as I previously thought they were syn free. I had 6 meatballs and they worked out at 4 syns altogether.

This is a very old thread things have most likely changed since it was posted

The syns are current so you must have worked them out look on syns online quorn meatballs are free and asda meat free balls are 3 syns for the whole bag.

If you used thoe syn calculator you needed to put in a free food alowance but no need to use the syns calculator when the syns are already on syns online

im a meat eater at heart and apart from birdseye veg fingers ive never tried anything veggie - wot does quorn taste like and texture?

hmm might give the meatballs a try this week .. so are the qourn ones syn free???...im only asking as the sausages are now synned arnt they

As a veggie I've tried the majority of the Quorn range. The Swiss Style Meatballs are one of my favs, they're really delicious! And yes they're syn free :)

I've just used syns calculator to work out syns as I previously thought they were syn free. I had 6 meatballs and they worked out at 4 syns altogether.

You must have forgotten to put Vegetarian products > Meat alternative in as a Free food. The Swedish and Italian meatballs are free:

Italian Style Balls, 280g pack, frozen, 100g Free
Swedish Style Balls, 300g pack, frozen, 100g Free

The only Quorn balls that are not free are the spaghetti & balls and the mini balls:

Spaghetti & Balls, chilled, 400g pack
Mini Balls, Ready to Eat, chilled, 180g pack

Back