Has anyone tried this???

Littleslimmingbee

Gold Member
has anyone tired this macroni cheese bake featured on the SW website? im thinking of making it this eve, but i thought i'd post up and see if anyone had already given this ago and had any advise or suggestions.. or general opinions?? xxx

Serves: 4
Syns per serving:
3 Syns on Green and Extra Easy*
9½ Syns on Original*
*Add 6 Syns if not using cheese as a
Healthy Extra

subtitle_ingredients.gif
6 spring onions
2 garlic cloves
8 cherry tomatoes
454g/1lb cauliflower
170g/6oz Cheddar cheese
2 eggs
142g/5oz dried macaroni
Fry Light
500g pot very low fat natural yogurt
1 level tsp Dijon mustard
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

subtitle_method.gif

1. Prepare the ingredients: trim and thinly slice the spring onions; peel and chop the garlic; halve the tomatoes; break the cauliflower into florets, coarsely grate the cheese and beat the eggs. Boil the cauliflower and cook the macaroni according to the packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 220ºC/Gas 7. Spray a pan with Fry Light and cook the spring onions, garlic, tomatoes and cooked cauliflower for
2-3 minutes. Add 100ml/3½fl oz water to the pan and continue to cook for 4-5 minutes until the water has been absorbed. Stir in the pasta, toss to mix well and transfer to a shallow ovenproof dish.
3. Prepare the topping by mixing the yogurt, mustard, cheese and eggs together. Season well, pour over the pasta and cook for 15-20 minutes until bubbling and golden. Remove from the oven, allow to stand for 5 minutes and serve.

I have made this a couple of times now - I really like it but I prefer to make it & leave it overnight as it seems to 'set' more overnight & tastes better the day after

oo okay, thanks.. good tip. i always think things like lasgne and bakes taste better after all the ingrediants have had time to really absorb and it tastes so much better the day after!

Do you chill it in the fridge over night or leave it at room temp covered up? xxx

Okay, iv just eaten this for my tea, and oh my it was yum!! I had WW cheesecake for tea as a treat to myself. .. i have saved half and intend to eat it tomorrow and see how much better it tastes after having time to 'settle' ..

i didnt use the Dijion mustard as i couldnt find it in my local supermarket. x
xx

I normally chill it overnight. I am planning on making the syn free Cannelloni on Tuesday night for tea on Wednesday, not sure if you have tried it but it is meant to be really good.

Did anyone see Jamie Oliver's 30 minute meals where he made that cauliflower macaroni cheese bake? I made it slimming world style the other day and it was delish. all you need to do is

boil the cauliflower including some of the leaves (never done that before but actually the leaves were one of the best things!) - save some of the water.
boil the macaroni.
mix the leftover cauliflower water with your HEXA cheese (i used half mozzarella)
make breadcrumbs out of your HEXB bread
Mix the cheesy cauliflower sauce with the macaroni
sprinkle with the breadcrumbs and bake in the oven

YUM!

Back