Has anyones moods changed on s&s?

Dolls&Pins

I know this might sound like a weird post but I wanted to know if anyone else felt this way. Let me start of by saying, I am no longer doing slim and save to lose weight, for some weird reason(I will eventually go to the docs about it) I can't seem to loose weight, I have been on slim and save for 3 and half weeks, the first week I lost a stone then after that I managed to gain 5lbs (I'm gutted by just one of those things) and I am only 21, so there must be something wrong with me.

Anyway my reason for keeping up with this diet is how it makes me feel in general, firstly I use to suffer with really bad insomnia I would stay awake all night and sleep for a little in the morning then feel like a zombie, yet now, I tend to go to bed at 12 and wake up at 8am and it feels amazing I can actually function during a normal day.
Secondly, I have a history of some mental problems, my moods were out of control, raging from really high and really low, I was angry a lot, depressed, restless, impulsive, voices you name it I would go through each one many times a week. I have tried all sorts of meds, non that work however since I started slim and save after a week I felt better, my moods are actually normal. Even my family have commented on how different and happier I seem. I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this on s&s. Is it possible that some mental problems are purely down to too much sugar/carbs?

just a quicl reply but maybe get your thyroid checked, i did everything to lose weight n it just wouldnt move then got thyroid gland checked and i had a sevear underactive thyroid, on meds daily now and losing weight on sns

I know this might sound like a weird post but I wanted to know if anyone else felt this way. Let me start of by saying, I am no longer doing slim and save to lose weight, for some weird reason(I will eventually go to the docs about it) I can't seem to loose weight, I have been on slim and save for 3 and half weeks, the first week I lost a stone then after that I managed to gain 5lbs (I'm gutted by just one of those things) and I am only 21, so there must be something wrong with me.

Anyway my reason for keeping up with this diet is how it makes me feel in general, firstly I use to suffer with really bad insomnia I would stay awake all night and sleep for a little in the morning then feel like a zombie, yet now, I tend to go to bed at 12 and wake up at 8am and it feels amazing I can actually function during a normal day.
Secondly, I have a history of some mental problems, my moods were out of control, raging from really high and really low, I was angry a lot, depressed, restless, impulsive, voices you name it I would go through each one many times a week. I have tried all sorts of meds, non that work however since I started slim and save after a week I felt better, my moods are actually normal. Even my family have commented on how different and happier I seem. I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this on s&s. Is it possible that some mental problems are purely down to too much sugar/carbs?

It's crazy how much this sounds like me ... Have you been diagnosed with anything ?
Also a lot of food has additives in them which don't agree with everyone, like food with any E numbers I can't give to my 4 year old autistic son, they send him off on one, like pure anger and frustration then he's hyper as hell wanting to play and stuff ... Some of the things in foods aren't natural to humans they won't kill us but they're not good hah
I suggest a trip to the doctor and get a health check, explain what you did like on here and stuff

If you're already on any meds it could be hindering the weight too
Since you already lost a stone I think it can work for you but defo see your doctor, see what they suggest whether you carry on or not maybe be worth you just clean eating instead ?
xoxo

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

When I took a week off for Christmas and decided to eat whatever I fancied at that time, I did that also to see if there was a difference in how I felt eating carbs. There were a lot of physical symptoms that returned during that week - things I'd not ever even had a thought would be linked to eating carbs - even down to the arthritis type pains I get in my hands (haven't got them whilst low carbing, came back with a vengance that week). The appearance of my skin and hair became duller and the quality of my sleep lessoned. It's pretty clear to me that on some level I have an intolerance to carbs.

In my mind anything that can cause that level of physical symptom also has the capacity to cause mental symptoms too, so what you are saying makes absolute sense to me.

I totally believe that too many bad carbs can cause mood swings yes.
If you google it there are some good articles about this, explains about sugar highs / spikes and crashes which affect your mood
I have definatley felt loads better since I have been following a low carb plan and not as many mood swings, bloating, tiredness etc..
Hope you manage to get things sorted x

I haven't really analysed it, I just know that after the first week doing S&S I feel fantastic!

i used to struggle to get up in the morning, have zero energy, and even the smallest things at work seemed to stress me out. Now I seem to have loads of energy, am sleeping so much better and whist I don't exactly bound out of bed in the morning, I certainly feel much more refreshed and able to handle the day...

i put it down to the fact that my diet was so poor before, and that now I'm actually getting all the nutrients I need it makes a difference... Not to mention all the water I'm drinking...But thinking about it, my diet was pretty carb heavy, so maybe that is why...

As Tanya12 said, get your thyroid checked- I gained a stupid amount of weight really quickly and couldn't shift it, no matter what I tried. They found I had an under active thyroid, I am now on tablets daily for the rest of my life, weight didn't start falling off me but when following sns I lose weight at a rate of about 2.5lbs a week. I have also found my moods are more stable and I sleep better, I don't know if this i sns or medication!

It's crazy how much this sounds like me ... Have you been diagnosed with anything ?
Also a lot of food has additives in them which don't agree with everyone, like food with any E numbers I can't give to my 4 year old autistic son, they send him off on one, like pure anger and frustration then he's hyper as hell wanting to play and stuff ... Some of the things in foods aren't natural to humans they won't kill us but they're not good hah
I suggest a trip to the doctor and get a health check, explain what you did like on here and stuff

If you're already on any meds it could be hindering the weight too
Since you already lost a stone I think it can work for you but defo see your doctor, see what they suggest whether you carry on or not maybe be worth you just clean eating instead ?
xoxo

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

I have been diagnosed with both depression and Borderline personality disorder and I was on meds but I have not been on them now since last october, I do agree that with all of the additives it can cause problems. I will be getting my thyroid checked although today I went on the scales and I have lost 7lbs since yesterday, very weird. Even if I lose weight slowly I will be happy, aslong as I can lose it lol

Back