Has Zumba helped your weight loss?

big bear

A bear on a mission!
I'm doing SW & wanted to start Zumba. Has anyone noticed a good weight/inch loss since starting zumba? If so how many times do you go a week?

Thanks

Zumba

Hi Zumba is fantastic and it’s not strenuous... Its lots of fun – its all about dancing, getting those hips moving. It’s a full body workout. I have been doing Zumba for a couple of months and totally love it.

To be honest its addictive – once you start you cant stop…

I’ve downloaded some of the tracks onto my iphone, so when at home alone I pop the phone and zumba away… obviously nothing beats a proper class…

:D

I've been going twice a week, and I do think it has helped with my weightloss, but I think you could say that about any activity I would have done, if not for Zumba, twice a week for an hour each time, that got me completely out of breath!!

I'm putting the fact that my waist seems to be dissolving nicely solely down to Zumba and the shimmying and wiggling that goes on in that hour!!

Kam_khakh is right, it is very addictive! Although you may feel as though you've not had a full workout whilst you learn the dances, but next time you go, you'll soon remember them and then you'll feel the full Zumba effect!!

Enjoy!!

Hi Zumba is fantastic and it’s not strenuous... Its lots of fun – its all about dancing, getting those hips moving. It’s a full body workout. I have been doing Zumba for a couple of months and totally love it.

To be honest its addictive – once you start you cant stop…

I’ve downloaded some of the tracks onto my iphone, so when at home alone I pop the phone and zumba away… obviously nothing beats a proper class…

:D

it is strenuous if you make it so. you get more out of it if you put more into it. i sweat so much when i do zumba. it's 1 hour of non stop dancing. we go from one dance to another with loads of jumping, moving, big arms, pulled in abs, hopping etc.

I'm doing SW & wanted to start Zumba. Has anyone noticed a good weight/inch loss since starting zumba? If so how many times do you go a week?

Thanks

i've noticed i can put more into it each week. as you learn the dances the more you can get out of it but as for weight loss or inch loss i'm not sure cause i'm trying to STS weight now and i do loads of exercise anyway. today was a 5 mile run before an hours class of zumba.

SW and Zumba combined

I joined SW in Sept 2010 and lost very very slowly. As you get to your 40's and 50's it doesnt shift without exercise and I HATE exercise! Anyhow, started Zumba and to date I have lost just over 2 stone and boy does eveyone at class notice! Pick your teachers, do the classes you enjoy (they tend to differ) and have fun otherwise theres no point! :D

Zumba will definately help with losing the weight and also toning up. You can burn a lot of calories in 1 hour of zumba so have fun and enjoy! :D

I have the zumba bug, been going for few months and feel great. Do 2 one hour classes per week and also do zumba in the curves circuit where it combines zumba with strength training machines, so can see at a glance how many calories have burned after each workout. The most for me so far is 420 in half an hour... :) xx

i looked in the mirror the other day in class and really noticed a change in shape. i think i've got even more toned a look about me that before.

Was thinking of maybe joining a group but how do you learn all the moves if everyone else has been going to the classes for ages?

You pick up the moves really easily. Just relax and enjoy it. I went to a class on my own last week and think I was doing my own thing half the time but it was still fun lol

I think zumba has helped my shape but i definatly come out class with sweat pouring off me not attractive i know but hey its good fun,,, this is the only "exercise" ive ever stuck to for more than 5 minutes i have been going for a few months now,,, only took me a couple of weeks to pick up the moves and some folk in the class i went to had been going for ages but it didnt put me off

Hi Bem

I wouldnt worry about not knowing the moves - I went for the first time on Friday, like Kirsty I was doing my own interpretations of the moves as I didnt know how to do them properly, but I gave it a bit of welly and you do definitely have fun and work up a sweat ... really good vibe in the class too - I think the music and having a boogie lifts everyone's mood.

great things said:
it is strenuous if you make it so. you get more out of it if you put more into it. i sweat so much when i do zumba. it's 1 hour of non stop dancing. we go from one dance to another with loads of jumping, moving, big arms, pulled in abs, hopping etc.

I totally argee you get out what you put in. Xxx

Hi all I started zumba in January when I began my diet, I go to a class twice a week and use the xbox kinect version twice a week at home. I'm always sweaty and feel fantastic once I have finished my workout, its so much fun and such a giggle! I have lost 2 stone 11 in 9 weeks and 7 inches from my waist and I am convinced it's down to the zumba xxx

Hi all I started zumba in January when I began my diet, I go to a class twice a week and use the xbox kinect version twice a week at home. I'm always sweaty and feel fantastic once I have finished my workout, its so much fun and such a giggle! I have lost 2 stone 11 in 9 weeks and 7 inches from my waist and I am convinced it's down to the zumba xxx

Thats fab!!! Well done x

Back