Hate pre packed sandwichs

Gracienoods

I had no choice today but to buy a per-packed sandwich. I just hate how high in points they are, but I hadn't eaten since 7.00 and it was 15.00 :( so needed food. Tbh I didn't even point it I know there usually high I pointed it as if I made it I gave 2pp for the chicken, 5pp for bread and 3pp for Mayo--total gestimate as I usually use extra low fat :) but it's just annoying me to think all these ingredients where used but it'll be so much higher. Does my nut in. Why aren't companies using low fat Mayo, Theres an obesity epidemic it doesn't have to be advertised. Just silly us all :( I know I've pointed wrong
But just had a day where I needed to pretend it was good as I hate my lovely, healthy pre-pointed lunch in work but I was transferred out for a load of hours!! Anyway rant bout how stoopid pre-packed foods are :( feel free to join if anyone has anything to add if not at 22years I'm awfulgrumpy haha

i know it is soo annoying but good news tesco do prepacked sandwhiches that are pro pointed (lighter choice) they are aout 7-8 pp and are not bad if you have to grab in go

Aye its a bit crap, most sandwiches are at the very least in the double figures, and you simply can't estimate. They have to be done right or else it wont work. The tescos local to me don't even have the lighter options and a lot of them are triples!!!!! Madness.

They are pretty bad - particularly now bread is so high. If a slice of bread is 3pp each (likely will be as it's cheap bread) then there's 6pp right there. And if you consider lots of sandwiches have mayo in them (again, cheap and likely full of rubbish) that's probably another 2pp. And that's without any fatty meat or cheese as a filling. :(

Sandwiches aren't really a good option on WW anymore IMHO.

Aye its a bit crap, most sandwiches are at the very least in the double figures, and you simply can't estimate. They have to be done right or else it wont work. The tescos local to me don't even have the lighter options and a lot of them are triples!!!!! Madness.

I agree totally, its so hard to get lower fat pre-packed sarnies in NI!!! I was in Manchester last weekend and was so excited by all the choices we don't have! I got the most gorgeous sweet chilli wrap in boots (shapers range), haven't seen that in my local boots!!!

I agree totally, its so hard to get lower fat pre-packed sarnies in NI!!! I was in Manchester last weekend and was so excited by all the choices we don't have! I got the most gorgeous sweet chilli wrap in boots (shapers range), haven't seen that in my local boots!!!

oooh where abouts are you from?

I agree its pretty much the same for anything and everything in the shops here. I went to manch a few years ago and was O______o at how much stuff they have, shops, clothes, food, everything!!! lol

I wish I could've gone to tesco, but I'm a nurse on call and had to sit with a patient in a different hospital. I had to get a vending machine sandwich, though I know the brand are good quality foods. Its just SO annoying, cause I could take a load of points off if I had made it at home :( but I didn't point (would be too depressing( but not using ANY weeklies so I'll throw it in there for safe measure :)

It's just annoying that in vending machines and stuff there's no option it was either a sambo, which would fill me, or a very unhealthy choc bar which I would've needed a million of to fill me!! So in that respect I made a good choice. Haha pulling positives :)

Hate that there's like tesco, marks and spencers and boots there yer low fat option and all the other places where ya can buy any old piece of bread with some sort of sticky calorie loaded crap and rasa sandwich enjoy. Just silly

It's nice to be able to ***** on here haha. Weightloss journeys are hard :( I'm feeling a tad demotivated at the mo. But this has helped and lying in bed with a flattummy cause all the fats pulled away by gravity haha. Gotta get slimmer for summer and my bdays like 3 weeks away :D I'd love to 11 7 by then but I'm 12 3 now and think I'd settle for in the 11's seems more realistic.

I'd love a BBQ, wonder what burnt--how bbqs always are in my house--ww sausages taste haha

Don't be so hard on yourself! You def made the best choice you could!

For the future, it might be worth keeping the likes of a john west tuna or salmon light lunch in the car. They are around 5 or 6 points depending on which one and don't require refrigeration, and are yum and filling! A couple of cereal bars are handy in the handbag too :)

That was the thing it was an emergency transfer that wasn't supposed to be so long. So it was a run out jump in the ambulance one. I just wish there where more option sandwich food wise really where ya don't lose flavour. But hopefully in the future.

Back