Hate the smell, love the taste

porkypaul

Just thought I'd add a further topic to the 'Smells you love' thread. We'll keep this one food related if we can ;)

Am I the only one who has the affliction (?) lol..

Hate the smell of roasting pork but love the taste, also I hate the smell of mayo (full fat and light) but love the taste...

Personally I don't think it is possible to hate the smell and love the taste as most of the taste buds are affected by smell

Eg - Durian fruit - first time I tried it had a blocked nose and thought it was quite yummy. Haven't been able to eat it since as the smell is just :eek: and it now tastes like it smells!! :jelous:

Think the reverse works though - love the smell of fruit tea but the taste leaves me cold ;)

xxxx

Love the smell of coffee - grew up in a town that manufactured the stuff - but can't stand the taste!

Also love the smell of petrol - but I'm guessing it doesn't taste so good!

Love the smell of coffee - grew up in a town that manufactured the stuff - but can't stand the taste!

Also love the smell of petrol - but I'm guessing it doesn't taste so good!

:D I'm with you on this. I love the smell of hot tar being laid but can't imagine I'd like the taste ;)

:D I'm with you on this. I love the smell of hot tar being laid but can't imagine I'd like the taste ;)

Tar & creosote, oh boy! I'm like the bisto kid when I get a whiff off either of them. I'd follow a bloke to the end of the world if he wore the stuff for me!! :D

Hate the smell of garlic love the taste love the smell of petrol n tar hate the taste (well i hope so haha)

Try anything once, eh?!
I bet it's pretty dry...

So glad I can't smell lol

Parmesan cheese smells yucky, but tastes lovely.

Love the smell of dettol though, but would rather drink a vodka.....lol.

Oh Yeah I am with you on the hot tar smell, mmmmmmm gawd imagine if you tired to even eat it, I remember following the tar lorry before to sniff the air.. lol

camerbert!

Egg! The smell is awful, but it's lovely with cress on crusty bread <3

Yoghurt - smells vile but tastes great.

Hate the smell of cheese, love to eat it

Back