Have I got the most to lose?

Thank you all. It's nice to know I am not on my own, although I feel for those of you in the same boat as me. CharlotteK it is really amazing what you have achieved :)

Hi guru

I totally understand where you are coming from. I am currently doing LL and celebrated yesterday losing 105lbs since March this year. I was the biggest in my group and at times felt disheartned knowing that they were on LL for a much shorter period of time compared to me.

However I focussed on the fact that those other people were not with me while I gained the weight, so I should not focus on how much they had to lose compared to me.

So here I am trotting along to my own goal and happy to have lost my first 100lbs and looking forward to losing the next 100lbs. just take each day as it comes, and before you know it, you will be at goal.

I need to lose 11st and 3lbs in total. It seems like such a HUGE amount and I've yet to read about anyone who has as much as me to lose. I will be on CD for a year (it is only week 1!) Still, better than SW/WW which I would need to be on for about three years to achieve that.

Is there anyone else with more than 10 stone to lose?

Hi I have 12st (168lbs) to lose altogether, start weight 23st 6lbs and i want to be 11st 6lbs my first goal was get into the Teens and as of this morning i have 3lbs to go.

I would like to be 14st by the time christmas is here and then by next february or march i will be at goal and maintaining.

I will never go back to being over weight, doing without food for 3 months has altered my perception of food. It will now be something to keep me alive and to enjoy in smaller quantities with the odd treat (not one every day).

My husband is on CD as well and he says the same, gone are the days of sitting with a bag of minstrals at night and eating crisp butties for breakfast, we will still have food we like but instead of a curry once a week and chips on my day off as well as a macdonalds on a sunday, we will have one or the other once a month.

I had given up on dieting in the last 12 months and stopped worrying about what i was eating and was shocked when i found a diary from last april 08 that i had writen my weight in, I had lost a few pounds, if you had asked me if i had put on weight in the last 12 month i would have said at least a stone.

I now feel as if i can really do this 3 stone down and still going strong.

My weight loss has slowed a bit and the CDC said to have a small meal at night for 7 days, we did for 3 night last week and i hope it will speed thing up again.

So don't feel as if you are the only one, there must be quite a lot of us, some might not want others to know how much they have to lose, but to me if every one knows, it will be all the sweeter when i hit goal and i can say "yes i have lost 12st, arn't i clever."

Also tell people at work, i tell eveyone who asked cus then if i am tempted to eat something at work you can't because you know all their eyes are on you and you don't want to feel silly.

It gets easier the longer you are on CD( i'm on week 10 ) it like a bad habit, the longer you do it the more difficult it is to stop. By the time we don't need to watch every mouthful it will be such a habit we will do it without thinking.

Good luck and keep me informed how you are doing. jane xxxxx

I started as 19st 13lbs and have set a final goal of 12st so I've got 8 stone to lose and it feels like absolutely masses! I've been doing CD for 12 weeks now, though I was off plan for 3 weeks of that with a holiday where I went all out and ate anything. And I'm now down to 17st 4lbs. So not too far off 3 stone down with 9 weeks on plan, 5 stone to go. When I look back at that it doesn't seem like very long at all! But yet I look ahead, and it seems like a lifetime! But actually, I'm not too far off half way through really. So while it seems a long way off, it really does go quite fast. Especially as you're seeing the results every week!

I've found it hard figuring what to have as my goal weight though as I've never as an adult been slim. And I seem to carry my weight fairly well. I mean I still looked/look horrible, but I've had it said I didn't look my weight. Maybe they were just being nice! Who knows. I'm aiming for a size 12, I'd be happy with that at 5ft 9, and if I get to that and I'm 13 stone, but feel comfortable. I'll stop. Having a more flexible goal certain makes me feel better about it all!

Hello,

I have been really inspired by you all on this thread! Some of us have a longer weight loss journey - but we will have all the same journey when it comes to keeping our weight steady at the end!

I thought I would share with you some tips that I use to keep myself going - I keep a skirt, I had to buy it this year for work as nothing else fitted - it is now massive on me - but I keep it and try it on to keep myself motivated! It is a great feeling!

I think you should all take photo's now - as when you have completed your joruney to healthy and slim - you will be able to show them as inspiration for others!!!

Another tip - if I feel the need to cheat, I know that it will make my journey longer - it stops me every time....... and the day after I am very happy that I didn't do it!!

Another tip - the people on here are amazing, I can really say that they have helped my through my journey so far - and I am certain I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for them. I have the most wonderful group I am part of, (butterfly ladies - big hugs) and they keep me going when the times are happy and hard!

I put my first goal as 4 stone - but I may try for 5 stone - depending on how my body looks.

I look forward to seeing your journey - and I am sure I will still be on here while I try to keep the weight off.

Another thing that will keep you going is that your clothes will quickly become big for you!! I have to keep trying things on to make sure they still fit!!! But my loss still surprises me...... yesterday I was off to an important meeting - got out my new dress suit - and yep it was too big! Now when I decided to do this diet, I took the dress back and brought a smaller size. It was my first goal to fit into that dress for my friends twins christening, as I became a Godmother. I couldn't even get the dress on to start with, one month on and it fitted perfectly! Two months on and it is too big!! wow. You will have has the same stories very soon - and I will love to hear them!

I wish you all the best for your journey, and I look forward to your updates - big hugs to you all!

Bethan

hi i started at over 22 stone so have a lot to lose - think there's a lot of us out there i think it'll take me about a year but it'd take a lot longer if i was doing it any other way!
your well on your way - i try to think i'll never have as much to lose as i did yesterday -any move in the right direction is a move
much love and well done

Hi guru

However I focussed on the fact that those other people were not with me while I gained the weight, so I should not focus on how much they had to lose compared to me.

So here I am trotting along to my own goal and happy to have lost my first 100lbs and looking forward to losing the next 100lbs. just take each day as it comes, and before you know it, you will be at goal.

fantastic way of thinking

Can I ask why have you set your target BMI so low? I would have thought to it world be best to break it down in to sections. Setting it so low may make it seem so far away and make it feel unachievable. I've set my first major target to be get below 30 BMI, when I get there I will then decide where to go next.

Set targets that you feel are achievable

Can I ask why have you set your target BMI so low? I would have thought to it world be best to break it down in to sections. Setting it so low may make it seem so far away and make it feel unachievable. I've set my first major target to be get below 30 BMI, when I get there I will then decide where to go next.

Set targets that you feel are achievable

I have set mini goals too, check out my signature :)

hi, i also have 7st to loose, but im short. someone said yesterday to remind myself of that 7st and now look at what that goal is, ive lost 2st 9lb in 2 months, i now need to loose, 4 st 4lb, that sounds loads better, so although i dont have as much to loose as some of you, keep telling yourself, about your new amount to loose every so often and b4 you know it you will be saying 'i have 1st to loose'
good luck in your journey everyone xxx

Hiya,

I started at 21st 11lbs and I am aiming for 11st 7lbs possibly lower so I originally had 10st 4lbs + to lose and still have a long way to go.

You will do it and before you know it you'll will have lost a couple of stone and it won't seem such a long way off xxx

Gem, you are doing so well! I've just looked at your stats and I'm very impressed - well done you!!:happy096:

Thanks Bess! Originally I lost 7st but have put 3 back on. Now on day 2 of restart and it's all going really well! Hoping to be at goal by the end of January! x

Back