Have I hit the wall already?

tazyb

Good evening all.

Haven't posted in quite a while but I have spent all day fighting with myself to stick with this diet so I thought I would reach our for advice.

So I'm on week 3 and although I had a good loss on week 1, I have had ridiculously low losses the last two weeks!!

I'm sticking to the diet and am in ketosis (always check with ketostix). I still have 38 lbs to lose before I reach my first goal which will put my bmi at around 24. This target seems so far away at the best of times but today it seems hopeless - 4.5lbs in two weeks is a bit crap, especially at the start of a diet.

Has anyone on here had a similar experience then gone on to do well and even complete the diet? It would be such a boost to hear some inspirational stories.

tazyb
xxxx

all i can suggest is the following!

are you drinking enough water?
are you due to start a period?
do you think your body is retaining water?
have you tried ss+? this might kick you off again and you will stay in ketosis.

i once went 2 weeks with no loss at all, i then lost 8lbs the following week.

don't go by ketosis sticks, they're not that accurate. the only way of know is that you stick to cd.

wow 2 weeks with no loss - well done for sticking with it.

Keep going, u r losing, it is coming off, it will keep coming off, it just has too!

drink more, stick with it.

x

Thanks for the encouragement :)

This week I will be super dooper strict with the water and hopefully that'll make a difference.

Was thinking about doing some exercise but i'm slightly worried this will have a negative effect.

I suppose I need to look at the diet as a Marathon not a Sprint

xx

I think walking is what lots of people do to help things along, maybe worth a try x

i had a rubbish weigh in last week so this week i have upped my water big time... hopefully that will make me lose more!! stick to it... you might lose more one week and less the other.. but the end result is gonna be the same.. you'll be absolutely SEXY! good luck xx

I think walking is what lots of people do to help things along, maybe worth a try x

I'll do that then, the baby loves going out for a walk anyway. :)

i had a rubbish weigh in last week so this week i have upped my water big time... hopefully that will make me lose more!! stick to it... you might lose more one week and less the other.. but the end result is gonna be the same.. you'll be absolutely SEXY! good luck xx

I think it'll be water all the way for me this week. Would love to lose 3 or 4 lbs this week....fingers crossed!

A really good loss in week one is usually followed by smaller losses in weeks 2 and 3. VLCDs promise an average loss of one stone per month, on average. Most people lose a bit more in the first month of the diet. A loss of 4.2lb over two weeks is still more than 2lb per week! Not so long ago that would have made you very happy.

Over time losses will average-out to a stone a month, and maybe more. Good luck and stick with it x

Back