Have sts for 3 weeks

cheekychinchilla

Gold Member
:cry: Could I ask a big favour and ask someone to take a look at my food diary and see if you can see anywhere I'm going wrong?? :eek:

I know I don't eat breakfast very often, but that hasn't changed and is unlikely to. And I have spotted a couple of things I've been going wrong with (soft cheese and coleslaw), but 3 weeks sts seems a bit drastic for a couple of silly mistakes.

I'm not giving up, not at all! But just want to know if anyone can see any major problems.

Thank you very muchly in advance.
Kelly.xx

Right. I have had a squizz. Firstly, total lack of any water drunk. Thats a biggy and may well help. If you cant do water, sugar free squash ftw but water is MUCH better.

Secondly, you seem to have the diet plan well under control and everything adds up pretty nicely. At this point, I think I would suggest that its time to give your body a wake up.

There are several ways you can do this.

1) Do a one week water challenge, where you drink 2l of water every day.
2) Do the scan bran challenge, where you have 5 x Scanbran every day as one of your Hexs. I did this last week and I can confirm it will give your system a good clean out.
3) Have an offplan day where you eat a load of stuff that you wouldnt normally. I am sure that SW purists may well do an eyeroll about this but it can give your metabolism a much needed boost to just have a "stuff it all down" day. DO NOT weigh yourself next day. The food weight will make you think you just did a "V BAD THING INDEED". Prolly best to do this the day after a WI, so you have a week to recover from it. Bob Harper recommends it and Bob Harper is a weightloss guru. This may well "shock" your system into getting your metabolism more active.

Anyway, thats my suggestions. Your plan otherwise looks really good.

if i have a couple of weeks were i don't lose weight i kick start myself again by eating loads of mixed fruit and yoghurt for breakfast and dinner and a normal meal at tea time and then drink loads of water i do this for a week i found that this kick starts me for a couple of weeks its not ok for every one but it what works for me xxx

How about trying a Red week? I always find green days with the carbs bloat me right up, it might be good to go carb free for a week?

I agree with the water it always helps me when i need to lose.

Swapping free food for Speed food?

Hi ya how frustrating for you that you have sts for 3 weeks, trying some new recipes can sometimes help maybe your body just needs a kick start. Or adding in a 30 min walk each day.

I had this happen to me a few weeks back only losing 0.5lb in three weeks I therefore I added a few red days!! I weigh in on a wed night so from Monday to weigh in I do red days!! I also started the gym going 3-4 times a week doing an hr of cardio at a time, few weights but mainly running, bikes, stepper and cross trainer!! ( I was joining anyway as I have 6 weeks holls off work so thought I'd join) I must admit joining the gym made me worry I might
not lose straight away!! But anyway I had my third weigh in last night since sts and lost 6.5lbs in the last 3 weeks!! I went from sts for 3 weeks then losing 2lb and the same loss again filling week and last night 2.5lbs I honestly feel doing red days the couple of days before weigh in makes a big difference!! Try it, it may boost it again for you!!! X

I know you're a veggie, so red days are out :)

I'd go with what MLM said tbh! I had a weekend off plan, without binging, and then had to drink truck loads of water (had a v angry bladder) and managed to drop 3.2 lb! My biggest loss since my first week on the diet!

So i think a shake up, and perhaps trying foods you wouldn't normally, would do you some good :D

But //hugs for the lack of weight loss! V frustrating for you! <3

Last edited:
Cheers everyone :D Zombie is right, I'm an almost veggie so there is no way I could do a red day. Can just about cope with the odd EE day if I fancy fish.

I drink a LOT of water. I don't put it in my food diary, but between the amount coffee (which is quite often decaf), squash, and water I drink I think I do ok. I eat a lot of veg too :) I hear what you're saying, but I'm running the loo at least once an hour as it is and I really don't think I can cope with any more :eek:

Since I posted this I have also found out that the Sainsbury's veggie ravioli I thought was free is 2 syns. I know that's only 4 syns a week, but still...

I also do a LOT of walking. And I mean hours! Plus my voluntary jobs are very physically demanding. I am planning on trying to get back into doing a bit of non-walking exercise tho, it's just fitting it in with everything else. But planning on doing at least 30mins next week and seeing how it goes. Don't wanna go too mad tho because I don't lose much weight if I exercise too much :rolleyes:

Oh and I can't get hold of Scan Bran because I don't go to class and I can't find it in the health food shops. Doesn't really appeal to me tho :p

Gah, I sound so negative!!! I'm really sorry :eek: I really appreciate all your posts and comments and advice. I'm just feeling a bit stuck.
But at least I know I have gone wrong with 3 things-small things, but they all add up. Fingers crossed for next week tho eh?!

Can I just ask (I've posted this in the syns section too) How accurate is the syn calculator for products with more than one free food in??

I think that's enough of my rambling.xx

Back