Have to do this

oliverstjohn

Hello,
I am a 39 year old mother of 2, as my 40th birthday looms, I really want to tackle my weight. I am almost 6' and weigh 15 stone 10 pounds- as of this morning. This is such a big step forward for me, actually posting my weight and details and I hope it will be the incentive to keep going. As of last Monday, I have been doing my own version of a vlcd/exante programme. I have been having an exante shake for breakfast, an exante bar for lunch and a soup for dinner. I found I was very weak and lightheaded so I have been eating chicken breast to help with this. I cannot stomach the exante soups, they make me gag so I bought some extra protein meal replacement bars in my local healthfood shop and I am probably going to have a shake for breakfast with a bar for both lunch and dinner. I have quite a busy job which doesn't involve much sitting so I am quite active during the day.
I don't know my start weight as this morning was my first weigh-in. My height and large frame means that I have been able to disguise my weight for a long time- I no longer want to hide from myself. I feel this type of diet is the best for me as I am an 'all or nothing' kind of person.
Thanks

I am struggling with this posting business a little:sign0144:.....so forgive me it will be trial and error for a while!
My intake so far has been a bar at 8am, some cooked chicken breast at 2pm ( I was very lightheaded after spending an hour power-hosing the house!). At 4.30 I made a hot vanilla shake with a shot of coffee- I think I prefer it cold. I am leaving my next bar until later tonight as I have a tendency to graze ( pig out would probably be more apt!) at night. As it is Saturday I am trying to be very careful what with more time on my hands, I am also finding myself very thirsty or rather a dry mouth so I am drinking more water and black tea. I am getting great energy and inspiration from reading other diaries.
Thanks
O

Thanks for the warm welcomes- I have tied my colours to the mast.....I can't give up now!
Just having an ultraslim bar and a cup of tea, hoping this will stave off the late night sugar cravings that are my downfall ( well..... part of my downfall;)). Feeling hungry but not unpleasantly so..... I haven't dieted seriously before, I am quite a healthy eater - chips, pizza, takeaways are not my thing and I don't drink alcohol ( I get my sugar quota in chocolate). However, the vast amounts of healthy food I consume may not be that healthy after all:(. I have been deluding myself that just because the food I eat is organic and preservative free that it is also calorie free. My other major delusion has been that mini size chocolate bars late at night don't count:rolleyes:!

Thanks for the opportunity to pontificate...!
O

Morning:D
Typing this sitting up in bed, listening to the radio! I have just had an exante bar and a glass of water. Am going to have a nice cup of tea and read some more diaries. I think I can actually feel the fat burning off this morning.....Don't know if that makes sense, but I feel as if there is a change?
I have just been thinking about exercise- I know I should be doing more but I am afraid to take on too much at the same time in case it all comes crashing down. I think I will wait until the light-headedness passes before getting into serious exercise? As I said, I am on my feet all day for work and I live in an old rambling house so even getting that sorted out every evening after work is about an hour's exercise in itself........maybe this is more self-delusion???
Forgive the ramblings but it is great to be able to offload;)
I intend to have a shake for lunch, some baked fish for dinner- I like to have the family sitting and eating together on a Sunday so my baked fish will be my dinner- and I will keep my second bar for tonight. Sunday night would normally have been my worst night for chocolate munchies...... so will have to be armed and ready for that.
I read in another diary where somebody is using needlework as a distraction at night, Well, I got my crochet hook out and I am finally going to finish the blanket I have been making for 2 years! I probably make myself sound like a domestic goddess...... believe me, I am not..... crochet is the only craft I can manage as the many mistakes are quite easy to disguise! My youngest son (11) loves a blanket (or 'blankie' as he calls it) so I have promised him a huge one that will last him for a while;).
I hope everyone has a nice Sunday
Thanks
O

Enjoy your Sunday!

I do cross stitch - when I have the time - and find that very relaxing.

Evenings are my worst times too, so finding distraction then is very important! :D

Hi oliverstjohn
Welcome to a really friendly bunch of people, who have helped me tremendously. :) I have been here 4 weeks on Wednesday, which is good for me,
Have to say I have been up and down, but in that time have lost a stone in weight, so that's the positive. This week I started a diary, which helps to keep me focused why I am doing this.
I have had an awful weekend so I am going TS tomorrow till I get in ketosis then going back to WS which is where I need to be, due to medication that I take.

Have a good day
Gill
X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Enjoy your Sunday!

I do cross stitch - when I have the time - and find that very relaxing.

Evenings are my worst times too, so finding distraction then is very important! :D

Thanks Darcy15,:D
It must have been your diary I was reading and got the inspiration for keeping myself busy in the evenings.:thankyou:
Just had a Chocolate shake and I have cooked up some salmon for the week ahead. I have a busy week at work coming up with a few late evenings so I decided to be prepared..... I think I must be in ketosis as I have the awful 'tin mouth' sensation. I am a little surprised since I am also eating chicken breast when I feel weak. I just don't think I can function without that little bit extra? I wonder has anyone else found that? Could it be something to do with metabolism or low blood pressure- which I tend to have except for when I spot the doctor!;) Classic white coat syndrome.

Thanks
O

Had dinner with the family, they had pork & apple casserole and I had a sideplate of steamed salmon & broccoli!
I didn't feel too deprived to be honest but danger time for me is after dinner and I caved in and had some banana chips covered in yoghurt- they were meant as a healthy alternative to sweets FOR THE KIDS:rolleyes:
I am not going to beat myself up over it....just get into bed tonight and face another day tomorrow with renewed conviction!
This forum is definitely keeping me focused and I think it helped prevent me from tumbling dramatically off the wagon over the weekend.
Thanks to everybody.....I hope we all have a good week ahead.
O:)

Hi, just replied to your post on my thread. Sorry I assumed you were male from your username! But having read now that you're the mother of two I'm guessing not ;-)
Glad you managed to get through the weekend and good luck with the week ahead!

Monday again, back at work and grabbed a moment to update my diary!
Had a shake for breakfast and by 11am I was weak again with hunger so had my bar at 12! Its going to be a long afternoon.....;)
Brought some salmon to work in case things get too tough which I have a feeling they will.
Hope everyone is doing ok?
Bye for now
O
ps I am female......my nickname seems to cause a bit of confusion, its a family joke!

Last edited:
Hi Oliverstjohn, I wish you all the best in reaching your weight goals! Members here are all lovely and very inspirational. I think they are the reason I started this diet (although i'm on my second day) just like you i had been reading their diaries for about a week before i started. It was all the positive results that got me to try this out and I'm hoping i can also walk away with positive results in the end.

Finding today very hard- Don't feel like giving up but just feeling light-headed and weak, could it be from not drinking enough?
Had my cold salmon, which I had brought to work as an emergency supply and on the way home I had to stop and buy some thin cheese slices as I was feeling so light-headed. :sigh:
I am havinga coffee as I type this and I intend to have an exante bar later as my last meal of the day. That means so far I have had;
Choc shake-7.30am
Exante bar-12
Cold salmon-4pm
3 cheese slices -5pm
Exante bar- later
I had a litre of water this morning, 4 cups of coffee, 2 cans of coke zero and I will prob have 3 or 4 cups of black tea before the night is out!
Sorry for being so detailed but this will help me stay on track and also help me see where I am going wrong.

Is anyone else having a tough Monday?
Thanks

Well, I finally figured out how to get an avatar, I hope the one I have chosen helps to dispel confusion about my gender!;)
Had a better day than yesterday, not as light-headed or hungry today. I had a shake for breakfast, a bar at 11.30am ( I find I am absolutely starving by 11 at work) and I had some lean chicken breast at 4pm. I am going to leave my last meal until 10pm (another bar) as I have to go out for a while.
I managed to do some exercise today- I did 15 mins on the x-trainer and 15 mins weights and stomach crunches.I certainly would not have had the energy to do that yesterday. I am finding that if I just think about what I will eat today and try not to think into the future as to how long this will take me or whether I will be able to keep going, it does seem easier! I know everyone else has probably figured that out already..... :rolleyes:
Thanks

Feeling very dodgy this evening- no energy. I gave in and had a bowl of cornflakes with skim milk ( which I watered down further with cold water). I just felt I had to have something as I was feeling very nauseous and I knew it was from lack of food! Sounds like a contradiction....doesn't it?
I am in bed now typing this as I just don't have the enrgy to stay up any longer and even having to listen to the kids not to mind reply to them is way beyond me this evening. I have left them in dad's capable hands and sneaked off to bed;)
I don't feel too guilty about the cornflakes as I had the same thing happen me last Wednesday night.....must be a midweek energy slump going on. I have a very long day at work tomorrow and it will be at least 10 pm before I get home so I had better arm myself with bars tomorrow.
I Will... 'pick myself up and get back in the race'...... tomorrrow (in the words of the wonderful Mr Sinatra) - goodnight to all and I hope everyone is doing ok
O

Morning!
I haven't posted for a while as I have had a crazy week at work and felt terrible! I ended up falling off the wagon on Thursday- had chicken stir fry & rice, followed by a big chunk of biscuit cake:rolleyes:
Yesterday was not much better, had a shake in morning, there were goodies at work and I had plenty of cheese & grapes. Later I had brazil nuts covered in yoghurt and last night I just decided I needed to eat- I was so low in energy! I had 2 medium baked potatoes with flora & cheese! So........naturally I thought that was the end of the diet..........well this morning I got up & felt that 'buzzing' hungry feeling I associate with losing weight. I decided to weigh myself- expecting a big disappointment.....but.....I have lost 6lbs! So maybe I will keep going after all! I just think I will need to eat a meal some days as I just don't seem to be able to cope otherwise. Despite the fact that I am a 'fine strapping lass' I seem to get weak quite easily....:rolleyes:
Just had an exante bar and a cup of tea while posting this, plan to have another for lunch and a healthy dinner later- salmon/chicken with stir fry veg and maybe a baked potato (yum.....well I am Irish and we Irish love our spuds!)
Delighted with my progress despite all- I could be 14 something by next week & without too much suffering;)
Thanks
O

Absolutely starving today!

I an starving today- just couldn't seem to keep hunger at bay. I had a shake for breakfast. A Bar at 12, another at 2, another at 5.30. I had a chicken breast, a very low fat yogurt and I am now having a bagel with philadelphia extra light & cucumber! Just don't seem to be able to get 'with the programme' today at all! Still, I suppose I could be having worse binges. I must be going through a 'growth spurt';)
I refuse to beat myself up on this diet- I am doing well and if I start nailing myself to the cross I know it could be very easy for me to leap off the wagon!
In the immortal words of Samuel Beckett I will endeavour to'Fail better' tomorrow;)
Hope everyone else is doing ok, the forum seems to be quiet?
Thanks
O

Samuel Beckett? In the words of Henry II about good old Thomas Becket "Will no one rid me of this turbulent priest?" My more contemporary version of this somewhat inaccurate quote -"Will no one rid me of this hideous fat?"
Onward in the battle against obesity. It doesn't matter how we do it as long as we do it.
J

Back