Have you ever been to....

maypole

loves to eat
Hong Kong, Singapore, Melbourne, Driven the great ocean road all the way to adelaide, Port Douglas , Sydney, & then driven from sydney to Melbourne. If so can you please give me any tips or suggestions as I'm going there soon
:character00255::character00255::character00255:

I went to Singapore, Sydney and Adelaide the year before last, and can defintiely recommend a few things to do.

Singapore - go to the zoo, its just amazing. We just got the train and then a bus which was really easy to do and much better than doing an organised coach trip thing. Also, go to the 'chinatown' part as the temples are really cool. Obviously you have to go to raffles for a singapore sling and to drop peanut shells on the floor.

Sydney - we stayed in an apartment near the central business district which was really well place for most things. Don't bother going to Bondi, theres not much there but definitely go to Manly - lots of lovely beach, cool restaurants and good shopping. The aquarium is just phenomenal especially the massive tank with the sharks that you can walk through. Go to see something at the opera house, it doesn't matter what it is - its just such an amazing place to be and to hear music.

Adelaide - well, quite frankly, its dull. I only went there as my friend moved there a few years ago. The gardens are nice, and there is a nearby wine region and a sort of german town which was cool. We actually went away for the weekend to Kangeroo island, omg that was amazing. We saw some amazing animals and went swimming with wild dolphins. We booked a local bloke with his boat, and it was just him, me and my mate, and a couple. It wasn't expensive and well worth it. There are also lots of penguins, and its worth going on one of the night time penguin walks which are near where the ferry docs.

I hope you have a fantastic time, whatever you decide to do. :D

Last edited:
No but it sounds fab!

Back