Have you ever cheated??

chelseaharvey

Today I went for a carvery. Everyone sat around me eating the real deal & I had a plate full of turkey

What I would have gave for a potato & even 1/2 a Yorkshire LOL

has anyone cheated on this even just a little bit like
A square of chocolate
A crisp
A potato
A piece of bread
A few chips

Did it make a difference to the weightloss

Yes. Lol. I am no angel none of us are.. sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. If you do get straight back to the diet and and not think about it... I found previously that I kept cheating and then found it incredibly hard to get back on track. So if you can resist then do.. you're only cheating yourself.

I only cheated with a marshmallow last week, I was sooo crossed with myself, on a couple of occasions we went out for a Thai meal with friends and I had a steamed sea bass in a sweet soya sauce with stir fry veg, didn't have a lot of the sauce and I stayed the same. I find when I'm in the zone I am fine xx

No. No cheating. At least not with carbs. If you really really 'have to', for whatever reason, then think 'Atkins', allow some fat (like in cheese) but avoid the carbs.

There are technical reasons as well as psychological ones. One chip? Really? Surely another won't make a difference.... one too many knocks you out of the slight ketosis (starvation mode that makes you burn fat not muscle as long as you eat enough protein, that reduces your hunger and cravings). As Passionflower just called it 'in the zone'. If you follow attack and cruise properly you get there in a couple of days and sticking to the diet is a doddle! Step out of it and you'll be fighting carvings and hunger feelings, and probably guilt too which is not a good place to be.

The Dukan Diet is an all or nothing plan I'm afraid. Read the book it will tell you at great length how it works (at least the 2010 edition I have here will)

Hear hear anjuschka! All or nothing though boy I have been very tempted!!! Have had alcohol by the way but no food cheats!!!

Trudy - I remember being about a month into the diet and it was DD's birthday party. I made a super chocolate cake and didn't even lick my fingers! That was more a question of a watching the autopilot gestures that pop things into your mouth as you cook... I was prepared to cheat on the day, nearly giving myself permission to have a piece. When the moment came, I remember that it was not such a big deal at all, but did have a small cupcake. Let me see if I can find the diary entry....

http://www.minimins.com/dukan-diet/160001-i-strong-today-but-will-fall-tomorrow.html#post2676579

Of course *now* it's different. Temptation waits at every corner and I'm not always strong (I had organised a Jubilee BBQ today and very nice food we had too, even if the BBQ element was cancelled and it was all cooked indoors!!)

All I meant to say to Chelsea - do not embark on this diet already planning the cheats. It does not work like that.

WOW the cake is amazing - well done on not licking those fingers!!! LOL! x

No cheating - you should find soon that all the protein satisfies you and you dont feel the need to cheat - i was a real chocoholic but it doesnt bother me now - i think thats where i went wrong on other diets i let myself have a bit of chocolate so i constantly craved it - its gotta be all or nothing!

I have never once cheated food wise.....not even a crumb.....but I have cheated with the demon drink:nono: and i tkink that is why my loss is slower than a lot of other Dukeneers. Dr.D sets these rules for reasons and we should use the book as our bible and not deviate from it, as much as we possibly can x

I've had alcohol on special occasions, 2 ice creams and the odd Atkins type food (when it's the only protein available ie sausages). Maybe without that it'd have been quicker, but it's all heading the right way. 3 drinking nights since January isn't that bad x

Back