Have you heard of the 3 sevens?

if you dont like water then dont drink it? maybe its a myth. But I dont need 100% researched proof for everything that has ever worked for me.

If it works for people then it works for people, if it doesnt work for you then it doesnt.

Sorry, but it seems that you are dismissing peoples beliefs. And if its not for you then ignore it, but I know that drinking more water helps me in a LOT of ways. Whether or not we have the research and the proof ive seen the benefits.

if you dont like water then dont drink it? I do like water - this is not about what I like......maybe its a myth. But I dont need 100% researched proof for everything that has ever worked for me. I am glad that works for you - neither do I but this is mentioned A LOT and I would like to get to the bottom it.

If it works for people then it works for people, if it doesnt work for you then it doesnt. I didn't say it doesn't work for me did I?

Sorry, but it seems that you are dismissing peoples beliefs. I am not - I am asking for some proof of those beliefs which is not rumour - can't really see why that should be a problem for you? And if its not for you then ignore it, but I know that drinking more water helps me in a LOT of ways. Whether or not we have the research and the proof ive seen the benefits.
I am glad you have seen the benefits - funnily enough it works for me also which is why I was interested to find out about it in the first place. Please don't make assumptions and accuse me of saying things I did not. It is unfair.

Im not saying its a problem nor am I stating that you are saying things that you are not. However the post "Oh My Gawd, show me the research" comes across as without research then its just dispelled.

Thats how it came across, it wasnt an attack, i just wanted to draw your attention to how it came across.

I do like researching certain things, and trying to find specific stuff online can be a pain in the bottom at times.

But if it works for you then just be happy with your weight loss, and good luck in finding the proof if you can, i'd be glad to read it.

Aww thank you! I liked this one from that page....

ScienceDaily (Apr. 3, 2008) — A recent look at what is known about the health effects of drinking water reveals that most supposed benefits are not backed by solid evidence.;)

Drs. Negoianu and Goldfarb also investigated the theory that drinking more water will make people feel full and curb their appetite. Proponents say this may help people maintain their weight and even help fight obesity. But studies remain inconclusive. No carefully designed clinical trials have measured the effects of water intake on weight maintenance.

In addition, water has been touted as an elixir for improved skin tone. While dehydration can decrease skin turgor, no studies have shown any clinical benefit to skin tone as a result of increased water intake.

The literature review by Drs. Negoianu and Goldfarb reveals that there is no clear evidence of benefit to increasing water intake. On the other hand, no clear evidence exists of a lack of benefit. "There is simply a lack of evidence in general," they explain.

Looks like the jury is out.

found this:

The apparent weight loss effects of water are still a subject for further research, but there is some evidence that suggests that drinking water can be associated with appetite reduction (for middle-aged and older people)[1], consuming fewer calories[2], burning slightly more calories[3], and eating more fruits and vegetables[fn 1]. Increased water consumption, or replacement of energy-containing beverages with energy-free beverages,[4] or consumption of water-rich foods such as fruits and vegetables with a lower energy density,[5] may help in weight management. Popular advice to children regarding water consumption is often inaccurate.[6] This evidence has been used by some of the scientists who worked on this research, and by others, to bolster suggestions that people who are trying to lose weight can benefit from augmenting – but not replacing – their dietary programs by drinking water, either before meals or at any time. Such advice had previously been given by dieticians even before the most recent research was published.
In the case of appetite reduction, the apparent effect has been reproduced in a published study[1] in adults aged 55–75, half of whom were instructed to drink 500ml of water before every meal, while following a low-calorie diet. This behavior led to the water-drinking cohort losing weight faster over a 12 week period. On average, the water-drinking cohort also continued to lose weight - although at a slower rate - over the following 12 month period, even though they had ceased their low-calorie diets. The study authors attribute this to the fact that those participants continued to drink water before meals.
A promising[2] approach to reducing appetite which does not involve taking any drugs, and is very safe, is to drink a moderate amount of water before a meal.[2] Though this had been a folk remedy for overeating for many years, and is recommended by some dieticians[7] and stipulated in some scientific studies, it was only recently that the approach was subjected to a scientific randomised controlled trial to see how much effect it had.[8][9]
In a prior study[citation needed], researchers had found that water drinkers ate 75 to 90 fewer calories per meal.[7][9] However, they wanted to know whether this effect made a difference to weight loss, or whether it was canceled out by subjects eating more through the day, and so they did a randomized controlled trial to find this out.[1][2]
Davy et al[1] took a group of 48 overweight and obese[1][2] Americans aged 55 to 75 who were considered inactive, and divided them randomly into two equal-sized[10] groups. The control group simply followed a calorie-controlled diet equating to approximately 1500 calories per day for the men and 1200 calories per day for the women. The second group followed exactly the same diet, but drank 500 millilitres of water before each meal.[8] Both groups kept up the diet for 12 weeks. Although both groups lost weight on average – as scientists would expect to happen, because such calorie-controlled diets are known to be effective – the water-drinking group lost about 5 pounds more on average, which made the diet 30% more effective.[2] Because the water-drinking group reported feeling both more full and less hungry, the researchers believe that the water acts to suppress appetite.[3][11] The researchers also recommended that people wishing to lose weight should replace sweetened calorie-containing drinks with water.[7][9][12]
Subjective effects also reported by the water-drinking group were a clearer mind and a better ability to think. There were no negative effects reported.[13]

just info doesn't really confirm anything as such just that there are studies etc. cant find anything on the GMC website or anything published by an MD.
i find the whole water thing works for me too and would like to know how/why can it be proven etc (mostly cos I'm nosy :p)
but my skeptical side thinks :rolleyes: that approx 95% of research and trials are paid for by drug companies etc an as water is free no one will fund a full proper study and may be we will never know :D

blimey, this has all got a bit technical for me - all I wanted to know is if you had heard of the 3 7's ?

:eek:

However, I feel I've learned something. :rolleyes:

don't know what it is but I have definitely learned something .............. :D:D:D

Nikki I reckon it's what you have said - maybe it's that challenge and my cousin has got it wrong (she does - she never listens - bless her).

On the water arguement? I agree it does help with controlling hunger pangs, however i have read an article which states that some people dieting do drink too much of it which results in the digestive juices becoming too diluted and causing bloating/water retention etc.. will post if i can find it again

not on the digestive part of it but read this a few days ago, bit scary then again who would have a water drinking contest when god invented baileys :D

A Californian woman has died after taking part in a water-drinking contest.Drinking too much water can eventually cause your brain to swell, stopping it regulating vital functions such as breathing, and causing death.

Water enters the body when we drink and is removed primarily in the urine and sweat. The amount of water in the body is regulated to control the levels of certain compounds, such as salt, in the blood.

If you drink too much water, eventually the kidneys will not be able to work fast enough to remove sufficient amounts from the body, so the blood becomes more dilute with low salt concentrations.

If you drink too much water it lowers the concentration of salt in your blood so that it is lower than the concentration of salt in cells

BBC NEWS | UK | Magazine | Why is too much water dangerous?

I have heard of a "challenge" being set by consultants when someone is struggling a bit and that is:

7 speed foods, 7 syns for 7 days

So whilst I haven't heard of your version I have heard of the 3 7s:8855:
I wonder if that's what was originally the 3x7's?

No argument with the plenty-of-water-is-good-for-you bit, but the rest of the plan seemed sus lol.

Back