Have you seen any good films lately?!

One of my fave chick flicks is 'The Holiday'! I adore all 4 main actors, Jude Law (yum yum), Jack Black (has me in stitches and cute in his own special way), Kate Winslet (our very own English 'Rose') and Cameron Diaz (always a hit) It's so romantic and lovely and I particularly love Jude Law and his relationship with his little girls (Mr Napkin head...Ooh I melt when he does that!!)X

I have 5 new films at home to watch from my film club:-

-A Simple Man (Colin Firth),

-Nowhere Boy (about the early days of John Lennon/The Beatles),

-World's Greatest Dad (Robin Williams),

-Cemetery Junction (Written and directed by Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchent, starring Ricky Gervais, Ralph Fiennes- should be interesting!)

-Glorious 39 (Romola Garai, Julie Christie, David Tennant, Bill Nighy)!

Plenty to get my teeth into!!

I am just watching a film called Everything - it stars Ray Winstone (who I think is brill) and he sees a prosetitude but only wants to talk to her.

Also Harry Brown is amazing film

Went to see the mechanic last night-was great! Love Jason statham, typical role for him but just as good as all the rest. Loads of action :)

Tinkerbell - Jason Statham and his motorbike were filming outside my office a few weeks back (The Killer Elite). :D I'd not a clue who he was and kept calling him Jeremy Latham. :eek:

I've seen The Expendables since ... a tad loud but I don't mind a little suspension of reality.

Other films on my hit list:

Con Air - I used to have a real "thing" for Nick Cage until a good friend mentioned my brother looked just like him. :eek::eek: Special mention in this film for Steve Buscemi - love him.

Face Off - Nick Cage and John Tavolta. :cool:

And District 9. No famous names but well worth seeing.

Can't wait to see Brighton Rock and Paul looks a bit of a giggle.

I am going to see Paul on Valentines hehe and really want to see brighton Rock but it does seem similar style of quadrophenia

It shouldn't be too similar at all hon. Only inasmuch it's based in the same period and similar location.

It's a remake of a 1947 film starring Ricard Attenborough and based on Graham Greene's novel.
Brighton Rock (1947) - IMDb

Medusa said:
Tinkerbell - Jason Statham and his motorbike were filming outside my office a few weeks back (The Killer Elite). :D I'd not a clue who he was and kept calling him Jeremy Latham. :eek:

I am sooo jealous!

The remake of death at a funeral with chris rock I thought was brilliant-had me in stitches. Def worth a watch :)

I want to see Gnomeo & Juliet...can't wait till it's in the cinema X

Hot Fuzz on here. :cool: Son has been explaining the the three cornetto significance.:D

It's a Simon Pegg and Nick Frost in joke. In Shaun of the Dead Nick buys Simon a red cornetto (zombies/blood etc), in Hot Fuzz he buys him a blue/vanilla cornetto (police). In Paul he should buy him a green (for aliens) cornetto. That's the guess obviously. :D

I wanna gnomeo n Juliet too, must try grown ups need a good laugh, watched fighter and kings speech, both good must say was quite shocked at how brill kings speech was wasn't expecting that, fab acting n the humour in it made it perfect. Christian Bale fab actor too plays all his roles perfectly.

Last night dh and myself watched 2 films- Glorious 39- really good period drama set in 1939 just as WW2 was about to break out- Great acting, very powerful, thoroughly recommend it! Nowhere Boy- about John Lennon's teenage years and the start of his musical career- really great acting, learnt lots about his early days and upbringing that I didn't know! Great film!X

I watched toy story 3 with the kids on Friday night for the first time. I think I actually enjoyed it more than them!

I LOVE movies.

Black Swan is a must see.. you'll come out of there thinking 'WTF?" but you'll be thinking about it for ages. Natalie Portman is just incredible..

Social Network.. genius! Love a great true story and Jesse Eisenburg is incredible as is Andrew Garfield

my favourite recent movie is THE FIGHTER.. WOW WOW WOW..Christian Bale was phenomenal I wanted to start boxing after that! LOL *didn't want to start ballet after seeing Black Swan though!

Back