Have your tastes changed ?

Sweatpea

Just out of interest, has people's taste changed in the weeks that they have been on S&S ? At first I loved the soups (apart from tomato, yuk !), but now I cannot stand any of them. My favourite was the chicken soup with a few sprinkes of chilli flakes, but now .... no way could I have one ! I currently love the chilli (wrapped in lettuce, idea taken from the food pictures posted on here ... yum !) and really hope that my tastes don't change again ! Just wondering if this is common and has anyone else experienced this ?

Yes mine keep changing! At first loved the vanilla now dont like it, only tried the red berry shake about 2 week ago and loved it, ordered loads don't like it now lol typical!! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Lol !! I've had the same problem with the Red Berry, I loved it in my sample pack and ordered loads, now everytime I hold my nose to drink it .... motivation for drinking it .... these packs cost money and I'm not going to waste any ! (but I did tip the tomato soup after three sips .. vile !) x

It's weird lol I'm hoping my taste may change again nxt week so leaving them where they are for now,the only pack I literally can't eat is the cottage pie! Makes me heave lol x

LOL, love the cottage pie!

First i loved the Strawberry shake but now i'm not so keen - it may be because last time i had it hot and it gave me horrible strawberry burps for the rest of the morning :(

Do you know I didn't think about leaving them until the next week - I have a mentality of using the worst first and saving my favourite - but I think I'm going to try your tactic ! PS I love the cottage pie at the moment, I find it really filling ... anyway defo heading off now, so catch up soon :nightf: xxx

Hi EvieT, sorry your post has made me laugh out loud ! Strawberry burps, I can see your point why you aren't so keen on it now ! I'm really boring, I tend to have my shakes cold - I'm too scared to warm them in case it drastically changes the taste, I'm so not experimental - just wish I was ! x

Yeah leave them and U may like them again dont force them down haha
Everyone seems to like cottage pie except me lol
Caramel is nice warmed up, ppl make something called 'mush' too but I think it's disgusting lol
If your not a fan of experimenting get used to the shakes first then experiment when ur gettin abit more used to it, that's what I did :) xx

i could eat the cottage pie and new porridge untill the cows come in lol is that a bit boring? thats all i ordered this time lol oh and some bars for when i get nibbly

Nooo each to there own! My packs now consist of maccheese spag bol choc Truffa bars hazelnut and caramel shakes :) oh and that red berry lol x

lol i think i migh like the stodgy comfort foods!! i do have the occasional hot choc or hot caramel before bed! helps me sleep :)

I'm just not sure about the porridges, I once did CD and the porridge there was pretty vile, I remember it was my first pack and I ended up being rather ill to put it politely so I am a little nervous of making the S&S porridge as porridge. I did make the scones and the biscuit that were posted in the recipe sections but not sure if I felt full enough after eating it. Is the porridge taste pretty similar to "normal" porridge or does it taste quite chemical ? I do suppose it is each to their own as we are proving with this thread ! x

Stef2009, do you have your mac cheese with anything ? I did like the taste and have ordered a few packs but it didn't feel enough for me and I was hungry soon after. I'm not too keen on brocolli but I am thinking that this might be the only thing to have with the mac cheese .... any inspirational ideas, greatfully appreciated ! x

I don't like porridge either,
I have mine with broccoli, cauli and shalllots, I mash up the cauli and broccoli then pour the mac cheese over god I loveeee it!! Xx

i had CD porridge ant it was horrible!! but i love this one the sweet one with a few tablet sweetners and some cinamon in! addicted.

i used to have the mac and cheese with spinach, mushrooms and a bit of salt pepper and nutmeg in that was absolutely gorgeous and sooo filling!

i mash cauli up a bit like mash/rice with the chilli feels like a proper meal

thanks for the great ideas - think I'm going to try the cauli & shallots tomorrow with the mac cheese. Now looking forward to it even more ! Nite nite guys x

Back