Having a break?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Funky Mum, 3 September 2010 Social URL.

1. Funky Mum

Funky Mum Silver Member

I'm really struggling at the mo with staying on track and I'm not sure what to do.
    I keep picking and I've lost my willpower which was so strong at the beginning.
    I'm really missing food and eating so was thinking about having a week off and counting calories and kinda getting it out of my system.
    I defo want to lose weight and my goal is Christmas and I'm not losing sight of that and CD is the only way but emotionally right now I feel I need a break.

Just feel so torn!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. rose1987

rose1987 reaching my goal

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    If you feel you need that week off then have it but ask your self will it only be that one week ? Ive done this before and i couldnt get back on track ! Do you need it , what will it prove you having a week off . You need to ask your self is it worth it ! . If you cant do it cant you do 810 ?

4. Funky Mum

Funky Mum Silver Member

Thanks Rose, that's an idea!

Actually I was just talking to hubby about it and I said I would go back on it as I didn't want to let myself down and that clicked in my head and made me realise that I do need to stick with it and I do need to keep focusing on the end result.
    I will carry on!

INTHESUMMEROF69 likes this.
  5. Mrs Taurus

Mrs Taurus Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    17st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(1.97%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    What about moving up the plans? x

6. Awaken Me

Awaken Me On my Way...

Sorry to hear you're struggling Karen. I know it can be really hard to get back/stay on plan when your head isn't in it. If you've to decided to stick with it great :D or maybe try SS+ or 810. From what I've read this really helps when people struggle with SS. That small meal at the end of the day is enough to satisfy, doesn't have that much difference to your losses and stops you thinking about food or lack of it constantly.

Whatever you decide to do the 'Big Mummas' will support you xx

7. Funky Mum

Funky Mum Silver Member

Will ask my CDC when I see her monday about going up the plans.

8. this*time

this*time Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    9st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st12lb(28.42%)
    Diet:
    CD ss
    Hi fm, have you felt like this since your holiday? struggling to get back 100%? All I can say is this, I did cd last year was 100% for 8 weeks had a planned weekend off, but I just couldnt get back on track, would do a day or two then blip, I just wished id have stuck with it, it took me a whole year to return and do it with success, its so much harder after a break if you found this already, then another week off it could be even harder. You are so near 2 stone off and have done fantastic, need to find that inspiration you had at the start. Let us know what you decide :)

Mini likes this.
  9. Funky Mum

Funky Mum Silver Member

Thanks you are right, except I was missing food before hand. But I think the break did probably mess me up.
    I'm looking forward to a clean slate tomorrow and will do some reading for inspiration!
    Thanks everyone for your support!

10. MsJMC

MsJMC Strong women stay slim

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    hi Karen , yes see how your mind is in another week and if you feel your strong enough go for it , you had a really good 4 week roll .
    Feeling tired now , must go to bed .
    Keep your eye on the prize

11. rose1987

rose1987 reaching my goal

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    well done karen im glad that you are going to stick to it . It will be worth it in the end .

Mini likes this.
  12. MsJMC

MsJMC Strong women stay slim

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    Hi Karen , re read all the posts not just the first one , I see your coming back to slim down , good for you .

13. Kira

Kira Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge/SnS
    Hey Karen just all the posts. Great advice, and full of admiration you have decided to keeping going. As This*time said, it can take months to get into SS or SS+ after even a short break so your doing great.

14. Funky Mum

Funky Mum Silver Member

Thanks everyone. I keep reminding myself that I will let myself down if I don't carry on. I know I will regret it if I give in.
    Stupid food!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.