Having a go at a food diary see if it makes a difference !

lunameredith

I have being on and off SW for months now and at the littlest upset I throw myself right off the wagon for weeks.. And the more I feel bad about it the more I seem to eat rubbish ... I do have a food diary but every time I have a bad day I just cross the page off I try to forget, I am hoping that posting here will help me stay good ! I heard the same quote twice yesterday " the most difficult things to get are usually the worthiest to have " SO, time to pick myself up ! by the way, I am following the EXTRA EASY PLAN.

Last edited:
BREAKFAST = toast ( hexB ), poached egg, baked beans
LUNCH = cucumber, sweetcorn and 8 black olives salad (1syn) mullerlight and banana
TEA = jacket potato with tuna, sweetcorn and quark topping, side of lettuce, onion and tomato with balsamic vinegar.
SNACKS = will be using 250ml semi-skimmed milk ( hexA ) in my cups of tea, drinks of sprite zero too. cream egg (9syns)

Last edited:
I have being on and off SW for months now and at the littlest upset I throw myself right off the wagon for weeks.. And the more I feel bad about it the more I seem to eat rubbish ... I do have a food diary but every time I have a bad day I just cross the page off I try to forget, I am hoping that posting here will help me stay good ! I heard the same quote twice yesterday " the most difficult things to get are usually the worthiest to have " SO, time to pick myself up !

Hello! Welcome and good luck :)
I find writing it down does help a lot but I am still struggling to cut out treat days and binges as much as I would like! X

Sammy x Was 14st 3, now 13st 12 xoxoxox

thanks so much Sammy !!! I know exactly what you mean :cry: the worst about theses days is I don't even enjoy it and I know i'm doing myself no good...

I know you don't enjoy it do you cos you are so full of guilt!! But we are only human!!
I actually love it when I'm on plan cos I enjoy the food I eat! Just think it's kind of programmed into all of us to sometimes crave some bad stuff! X

Good luck with it. I've been going for over a year now and still find that writing a food diary helps me to stick on plan!

Right, I have waited until the end of the day to update my food diary, saves me editing the page 3 times. I do tend to change my mind and don't always fancy what I planned to eat ...
so,
Brunch = Baked beans,wholemeal toast (hexB) and ham slices. I will use 250ml semi skimmed milk (hexA) for my cups of tea during the day.
Tea = Carvery : Pork, cauliflower, peas, brussel sprouts, 4 little roasties ( 7 syns ) and 1 tbsp of horseradish sauce ( 1 syn ).
i did pass on the gravy today, might skip the spuds and enjoy it instead next time...
Total syns : 8 syns.

Right, I have waited until the end of the day to update my food diary, saves me editing the page 3 times. I do tend to change my mind and don't always fancy what I planned to eat ...
so,
Brunch = Baked beans,wholemeal toast (hexB) and ham slices. I will use 250ml semi skimmed milk (hexA) for my cups of tea during the day.
Tea = Carvery : Pork, cauliflower, peas, brussel sprouts, 4 little roasties ( 7 syns ) and 1 tbsp of horseradish sauce ( 1 syn ).
i did pass on the gravy today, might skip the spuds and enjoy it instead next time...
Total syns : 8 syns.

Mmmm lovely!
Hope your Tuesday is going as well :) x

yes thanks not too bad !
Breakfast = mullerlight and chopped banana
Lunch = poached egg on wholemeal toast ( hexB ) with a side salad of mixed leaves, lamb lettuce, onion and tomato. balsamic vinegar
Had my lunch in the garden today it was lovely !
Tea = Steak and ratatouille, made with onion, tinned tomatoes, peppers, aubergines, courgette and garlic.
Snacks = hot choc ( 2 syns ), ham, and 3 babybel light ( hexA ), also drank lots of sprite zero and not added sugar orange squash.

yesterday,Breakfast = mushroom, ham and onion, quark on wholemeal bread (hexB) butterbuds (1/2 syn) banana, coffee 3 in 1 ( 3syns)
Lunch = cucumber and sweetcorn salad, tuna and cheddar 30gr (hexA) toastie used one slice of wholemeal toast for that (5syns)
mullerlight.
Tea = leftover ratatouille with quorn peppered steak, sugar free jelly (1 1/2 syn)
Snack = mullerlight.
Total syns = 10syns

Last edited:
has anybody got any trouble with the "enter" button on this site, It just won't work :(

I use my phone but when I go on the actual site it's fine for me!
So ya steered away from the Parmesan yesterday did you?
I don't really use any cheese unless it's cooked and melted on things and it's always low low!
Day sounds like it went well yesterday xx

I don't know what's the matter with my computer :( ... actually yesterday was a real struggle, I really wanted to get a box of chocolate and eat all of it, I didn't go zumba and now I regret it ..

Fine ya didn't go to Zumba but did you get the box of chocolate r did you stay within syns? Precisely! Think positive :) I have been down with 'that time of the month' and I mean really down! I can't go to the gym for fear of accidents and the sheer pain! So a dog walk is all I can do today. I feel letdown in myself but I've stuck to my food so in gonna try and think positive for weigh in tomorrow! X

Hi
Am starting my SW journey again!!! today
Subscribing to your diary for inspiration :)

BTW - did you have the parmesan on top of ratatouille? What was it like!
x

and yes you are right Sammy let's see the glass half full, I am on the edge again today trying to have some option hot chocolates to calm the cravings down.. i will probably spend all my syns on it, i feel ashamed but i suppose it's ok.. I know what you mean about that time of the month there's not chance for me to excercice either.. but the worst time for food is the week before ( this week!) my mood is so low, and I am a right B**** to everyone, feel horrible and want to comfort eat ahah what a portrait of myself !!:eek::D

and yes you are right Sammy let's see the glass half full, I am on the edge again today trying to have some option hot chocolates to calm the cravings down.. i will probably spend all my syns on it, i feel ashamed but i suppose it's ok.. I know what you mean about that time of the month there's not chance for me to excercice either.. but the worst time for food is the week before ( this week!) my mood is so low, and I am a right B**** to everyone, feel horrible and want to comfort eat ahah what a portrait of myself !!:eek::D

Haha ya are only human!
You are describing me there lol! The hot choc is soooo much better than binging on something that's 10x over syn worth. I mean ya could eat a full cake!!! (going from my greediness) but no ya just trying to rid the cravings using something so tiny! You'll be fine :)
In just eating so much. Munching so many new potatoes for dinner and I already had a huge brekki. Woops! Xx

Back