Having a hard time.

SerenityValley

Surgically happy.
Just need a whinge. I knew the hard times would come, after finding the diet so easy at first.

I have to use laxatives. I'm still hungry (last couple of days I've been starving during the day). I've had to put my scales away so I stop weighing myself but can hear them calling constantly. I've changed my end target to 196lbs instead of 168, then 182 ( the wife likes me at 196 and I'm happy there). The wife is suffering from sickness (14 weeks pregnant today) and I miss her (she works overnight on a Thursday and every other weekend). I upset my mum badly as we forgot to tell her we wouldn't be over to show her the baby scan pictures last night, as Yvonne was poorly. In truth, I forgot (though I would have rang to say we couldn't make it). Feel dreadful.

I'm worried I'll fail, or fall apart.

Now, I need to see the positives to make me feel better.

If things progress at current rate, I might be done by my 40th birthday which would be a nice birthday present. We are having a baby, I'm already under 16st. The wife loves me, and my mum forgave me. Even if I decide to go on longer, this diet is only temporary. I'm still getting something to eat every day and I'm going to get thin and healthy. I think people are noticing but they'll notice better when I stop wearing a jumper to work (I wear it because I'm not entirely comfortable without one on).

Anyway, am done. Don't really feel better yet but I'll get there.

Well you've done this before (as have I) so we know that it's not easy all of the time. You do know that it works though so it's about digging in and plugging away, and ignoring the demons in our heads. Feeling better will come soon, especially when the first stone is gone that really sets us on our way to achieving the big losses. I have to use laxatives too so you're not alone, and to be honest I'd rather that than what would happen if I didn't :sick0019: :D

Chin up!

Hi Andy, you have done amazingly well and should be so proud of yourself. You have so much to look forward to with your new baby and new slinner physique so chin up and focus on the positives. Your mum will forget all about you not popping round as soon as she sees the scan photos :). Best of luck on your journey, you have come such a long way and people like you inspire newbies like me.

Thank you ladies. I'm feeling much better now. Think I'm over the hump now, and ready to continue pushing on. I hate when it gets like that, and hope there aren't too many others.

The wife is a work almost all weekend (plus side, I see 4 or 5 football matches,) but I've also cleaned the flat from top to bottom, so when she gets home tmrw afternoon, she has nothing to do but relax (and make her own dinner, I still struggle there).

The hunger has been better. Which is a massive boost.

You are doing amazingly well!!!

Keep at it and be proud of how far you've come!!!

You can do it!!!
X

It's got very hard again. It was easy yesterday.

I'm playing every day by ear now. I've suddenly gone off the veg I liked. Going to try to stir fry a few of the other veggies which I'm not fond of. I've set myself an end date of June 17th to finish regardless and will try to get there.

Don't understand why I'm finding it hard except I'm obsessing over food and end dates, and weights. I hate this. I'm getting miserable.

I have a lot of issues with food that I'm trying to work through (including an increasing worry that I have an ED which I'm trying to puzzle out and understand).

each day as it comes serenity. in fact each hour. honestly each hour that passes, give yourself another pat on the back, or think right I really want to eat something I'll hang on an hour just one hour and see if it passes and when that hour comes, stretch yourself to another one and so on and so on. you're doing great and your a brill inspiration to us all x

It's got very hard again. It was easy yesterday.

I'm playing every day by ear now. I've suddenly gone off the veg I liked. Going to try to stir fry a few of the other veggies which I'm not fond of. I've set myself an end date of June 17th to finish regardless and will try to get there.

Don't understand why I'm finding it hard except I'm obsessing over food and end dates, and weights. I hate this. I'm getting miserable.

I have a lot of issues with food that I'm trying to work through (including an increasing worry that I have an ED which I'm trying to puzzle out and understand).

I think its because you getting to the end.. I'm the same at the mo....

Try to keep the end in sight!!! You can do it!!! Look how amazing you have done!!!

Hope your ok!!! X

Thank you both, I think I'm ok again. I've gotten through another day and am finding other ways to look at it. I'll finish on June 17th. I'm 5.5 weeks away but from Friday can say its a little over 5 weeks. It's starting to sound smaller.

In a week and a half I should be close to 15st. That sounds good to me. By which time I'll have less than a month to go.

So I think I can keep breaking it down to keep going.

Also helped that using only allowed foods, I have had a lush stir fry tonight, that made me feels lot more normal!

I had a stir fry tonight too. The calories ended up so low (I had prawns) I had to calculate it again to make sure I didn't screw up :). I'm stuffed now. Happy days :)

I may have to live on them for a while - just use different herbs and spices for flavouring. I've only had 2 packs today though so need to try to fit a chocolate shake in or something.

I'd forgotten how few cals they have, even in a normal meal where I'd have a sauce and probably noodles, so there were only a couple of hundred in this one (could have had more but saved it for tomorrow night).

Hope you ladies are all doing well, and thank you again :)

I had baby leeks, baby courgettes, spring onions, white cabbage, broccoli, green peppers and asparagus tips was cut very thin to make them like bean sprouts. And chicken. Lots of herbs and a little cayenne.n

I think the blandness was behind yesterday's pity party. I'd had brocolli and cauli every day for 4 weeks and was utterly fed up!

yeah I can see that, I went a bit cauli-mad too. But today I had mushrooms, the day before stuffed peppers and before that mashed swede. I'm really trying to rotate the packs/meals as much as possible. I get out a week's worth of food cos I'm worried I'm going to be left with all the kak stuff at the end of the month. Glad yr back on track pumpkin. When we're thin and lush I'll meet up with ya for a bevvy roond the toon ;-p

You're daan saaf from where I am :)

Back