Having a social life without food and drink!

glammam

Hiya fellow lipotrimmers. Isn't it funny when you start doing this diet how you realise how much your social life revolves around eating and drinking? Tonight I am going to the cinema with my husband (minus the popcorn!) and over Easter I am going horseriding with friends instead of our usual meal out. We have decided now that every time we meet up we are going to do something different to scoffing our faces!

I was just wondering what everyone else does to socialize now they cannot eat or drink? ;)

I put my social life on hold for a couple of months, and I didnt miss the boozy/food nights out. I did do a refeed for a family get together in Scotland, but that was well worth it.

Its a good idea you have to do something different when you meet, my group of friends wouldnt even consider doing that, everything involves drinking lol.

Well didn't make the cinema! Called in on a friend on the way and ended up staying there! Still, nice to get out for an hour or two. First night out tomorrow without drinking. YIKES!

I know what you mean Kered. Everything normally revolves around drinking with my group of friends too. I have suggested though we go for a facial and massage next though which they seemed to like! Bet they still end up having lunch and a couple glasses of wine though lucky things!

You are only 27lbs from target, you could be there in the next 7 weeks, its not a long time really. When I started I used to think, oh it will take ages but before I knew it, I am at a healthy weight, still a little wobbly on parts of my body, but with eating sensibly and toning up, this will soon go.

Keep to the nice nights out, to be honest, when I had my refeed, the first week or so I was home and eating 2 sensible meals with no carbs and 1 shake a day, then when I got to my Sisters I ate and drank alcohol, and after 2 days I couldnt wait to get back to the shakes. Makes you realise there is a life without the alcohol and fatty foods, we dont need it, but we stick to it through habit. Thats whats changed now, the habit has been broken.

Good luck on the remainder of your journey hun.

Kered is totally right, I went out last night to a pub quiz and I did have a good time but I am paying for it now.

Im currently having my morning shake, and I miss the feeling of having my 3 shakes a day

Back