Step 1 Sole Source Having a treat day every week

I think the point trying to be made is that while we are all interested in seeing how this strategy works for you maybe you want to put some warnings in with your posts about how you are going off the diet and doing your own version. Unfortunately it's not your fault but this forum is a place to go for people struggling and you wouldn't want your "experiences" to influence someone else and cause them to do the same but result in gains would you?

I know it's not intended but your last few posts make it sound like those internet ads for weight loss....there is a balence to find between being positive and being responsible...

Sent from my LT26i using MiniMins.com mobile app

I have just Had a look at the posts and I personally don't see how any of them are advertising anything... we are all adults and I'm hoping responsible enough and wise enough to read something and not become influenced by someone else's journey and if you do then it must be a good journey to follow... I am influenced by caz as I think she has done amazingly well.. but this doesn't mean what works for works for me... it's my journey and I am just trying to see if this may work for me as I feel happier and if it doesn't then I've tried and will know that this doesn't work. . Anyways good luck to you and I will try my best not to sound like a ad... lol I am head of marketing!!! So maybe your right and I don't see it xxx

Just wondering how you are getting on mrsmaya? Hope you are OK and getting on with CWP? X

I've not read all of this thread but in reply to the original post, I was guilty of having a cheat day every week.
I did cd in sept 08 and went from 11stone 3lb to 8stone in a few months.
I'll be honest, I hated being on the diet and looking forward to one treat after weigh in each week spurred me on. I'm not saying this is the same for everyone and some people (my mum being one of them) cannot have 'treat meal/day' for one reason or another. I say each to their own, this diet is hard enough as it is and if one treat a week gets u through then why not? Not everyone has problems with food and cd is not always about breaking habit but is just a means to an end.

I've maintained my weight for five years, in fact I'm 3 lb under my initial cd goal. Good luck to you all, it really does work.

Just wondering how you are getting on mrsmaya? Hope you are OK and getting on with CWP? X

Heyy I'm ok thanks... how are you... haven't been on much as I felt like people wer getting offended by me or I was sounding like I'm advertising or influencing others to do something bad... lol... which I wasn't and I don't see it as bad... as its a treat and not everyone's reasons are the same for losing weight... anyways.. I'm getting on ok... had a good treat day yesterday went to see some family down south... I also got weighed and lost 5lb!!! So I'm chuffed... 4 more and I've hit my two stone mark... how r u getting on x

I've not read all of this thread but in reply to the original post, I was guilty of having a cheat day every week.
I'll be honest, I hated being on the diet and looking forward to one treat after weigh in each week spurred me on. I'm not saying this is the same for everyone and some people (my mum being one of them) cannot have 'treat meal/day' for one reason or another. I say each to their own, this diet is hard enough as it is and if one treat a week gets u through then why not? Not everyone has problems with food and cd is not always about breaking habit but is just a means to an end.

I've maintained my weight for five years, in fact I'm 3 lb under my initial cd goal. Good luck to you all, it really does work.

Hi first of all well done on your amazing loss and maintaining it!!!! Wow.... and yes you don't want to read this post lol... too political and people taking things to another level over a treat day... but yeah I've been sticking to this method for the last two weeks and it's been fab... just like you I don't enjoy it and other gives me something to look forward to... I lost 8lb and this week 5lb so I'm chuffed... it's working for me so far... and I hope it continues to work as I really enjoy doing it this way... I'm happy and I'm losing weight... and in the real world when I come off cwp, I still will do the same and have a healthy week and have a nice day off for me n the family to go somewhere nice or have some takeout... so yeah.. but god it's nice to hear from u!!! Someone hu has done this method and lost on this method and enjoyed it...! Good on u!! Each to thr own! What did u used to have on ur treat day lol x

Hey also do u have any before and after pics... x

How's everyone getting on... got weighed 5lb down!!! Aiming for 4or 5 this week as I will hit my two stone mark!!! So excited... my ain was two stone in 7 weeks but I think I will exceed that slightly!!! X

Oh god I used to have anything really, from Chinese to chippy to something really simple like soup with bread. I would only have one cheat and then straight back on it. It's whatever works. I used this forum a lot when I was on cd and loved the support. Some of us are not as pure as others when it comes to sticking to this diet. Each to their own, but I've always been a bit of a rebel! Haha. I'll put a thread on now with before and afters xx

Oh god I used to have anything really, from Chinese to chippy to something really simple like soup with bread. I would only have one cheat and then straight back on it. It's whatever works. I used this forum a lot when I was on cd and loved the support. Some of us are not as pure as others when it comes to sticking to this diet. Each to their own, but I've always been a bit of a rebel! Haha. I'll put a thread on now with before and afters xx

Lol.. well done... as for rebel... I'm th same!! Ha... let me know when u have put ur pics up... can't wait to see them!!! X

As others have touched upon:

If you're doing Sole Source, then bear in mind that "cheating" may take you out of ketosis. Remember your first couple of days on Cambridge - you may have had headaches, felt hungry etc. - this is the carb 'flu, and stops when your body enters ketosis (usually 3-4 days). You'll have to do all of that again, after your cheat meal.

Even if you're not knocked out of ketosis - weight loss is also based on how much you consume / expend.

Personally, I don't cheat on Sole Source (I lost 4stone in 13 or so weeks, 4 years ago). I'd rather go 100% for a shorter period of time than 90% (or whatever) for a longer period.

However - if you think a cheat meal will keep you on track long-term, then it can be a good thing - better to have a cheat meal and lose your weight over say, 6 months than not to have a cheat meal, and go hog wild at the 3 month mark and then never get back on track! It's a lifetime thing :)

Hi everyone... how are you all... just a quick update... lost only 2lb... time of the month.. plus extreme constipation!!! So my target was two stone by 13th October.. so I'm hoping I can shift th 2lb which I'm sure I can... finding it so much easier with th treat day!! Happy days

Back