Step 1 Sole Source Having a treat day every week

mrsmya2210

Hi everyone... I'm new to this so not too sure if I have done this correctly... I wanted road start my own forum chat topic lol!!! So I am on week 4 of my diet... ss... but week 3 was a break as I had a wedding and birthday to attend... now my friend is on LL and she has lost 5stone in 4months...!! She has 1.5 to go for goal... so from the start she has had whatever she fancies on the evening of her weigh in... from fish and chips to a curry and naan bread!!! And she claims she loses more weight every week due to doing this!!! She has never lost under 4-5lb a week... now I want to know if anyone else has tried this method and if it works for them??? Please reply... all advice and opinions welcome... thanks

Hi there, I'm on week three so not too far from you.

As I am new I haven't tried this and to be honest I don't think I will be, as I presume eating whatever I fancy (which is carbs carbs carbs!) would take me out of ketosis. Those first 4 days were hard and there is no way I would want to repeat them!

I am getting a little bored with the same old SS so for the past two weeks I have SS+ on a Saturday by having an allowed meal. This week I also followed it up with a bar and a cuppa for dessert. How rock n roll!

I wouldn't advise this for a couple of reasons. One - it will most likely hinder weight loss and two - it's not breaking that ' rewarding yourself with food ' habit is it?

I did CWP last year and lost quite a lot - I was on it for about 8 weeks SS and lost over 2 stone . I've now maintained at 9 stone ish for a year.

I would definitely advise to just put your head down , concentrate on the job in hand and remember that cakes and mars bars will still be there when you've lost the weight. I'd also give lots of thought to a maintenance plan - I did that as soon as I started CWP and I am sure that that is what has helped me maintain and not regain all the weight

Good luck

Hey guys thanks for your input and advise much appreciated!!! As for hindering weight loss... I'm not sure if this true... her loss has never been below 4lb which I can vouch for... not saying u r wrong... but I have seen her progress and loss.. also it kicks her out of ketosis and she does struggle for few days but she says it's worth it as she gets a treat and a better loss....????

I just feel that we are all on these diets for a reason, we need to lose weight! The above may have worked for your friend and helped her get through the diet however if you don't break the habit of eating junk food every week as a treat then once you finish the plan you will just carry on and put the weight back on.

I have started cambridge to (hopefully) lose weight fast however even more importantly, I want to break the bad habits I have around making poor food choices, over eating, and eating for the wrong reasons. I'm hoping that by completely detoxing I can break these habits and reprogramme myself to make better choices in the future and hopefully keep the weight off.

Im so pleased I started cambridge but Lordy I will NOT be doing this again!

Well your friend is unique - just like all of us : ) and yes, you could find that a day off plan results in a 4lb a week loss for you.

But it's not a risk I'd take. And it's not something your consultant would advise.

If you want to incorporate treats into a diet plan then I'd look at SW or WW. I did Cambridge to knock the weight off and change how I looked at food. If you're overweight then a 'treat' of fatty food is not that at all.

Just my view of course. We all have to do our own thing

Hi everyone... I'm new to this so not too sure if I have done this correctly... I wanted road start my own forum chat topic lol!!! So I am on week 4 of my diet... ss... but week 3 was a break as I had a wedding and birthday to attend... now my friend is on LL and she has lost 5stone in 4months...!! She has 1.5 to go for goal... so from the start she has had whatever she fancies on the evening of her weigh in... from fish and chips to a curry and naan bread!!! And she claims she loses more weight every week due to doing this!!! She has never lost under 4-5lb a week... now I want to know if anyone else has tried this method and if it works for them??? Please reply... all advice and opinions welcome... thanks

As much as everyone else advises me not to I opt for a monthly treat just to keep me going as the diet is so strict. I am a foodie and eat because it all tastes so good not for an emotional reason. I got severely out of the habit of having the right kind of food or portions. I would make a big pan of pasta rather than a small one and eat the lot etc. Having a "break" will take you out of Ketosis and I personally find getting back into it not that bad and well worth the food. However, I can tell you that going into Ketosis won't be your problem...it will be missing food again! I am constantly craving food but those few days are the worst. I have to keep telling myself that it was one meal...not one day....not one weekend....ONE MEAL!!! I guess you have to ask yourself...can you really resist all of that again?

I am on the Cambridge Diet because I need the strictness. I try not to think about my meal off as a treat otherwise where does it stop? A treat a month? A treat every other week? Once a week? I still feel a bit guilty about each meal I have off.

I know what you mean about your friend, I tend to leave my days off for when I have a low weight loss week as I kind of have a twisted mentality that taking myself out of Ketosis will make me have a better weigh in the week after but there is no proof of that as I haven't been doing it long enough and I doubt it is good for you. My story is to show you that other people have those thoughts and feelings as well, not to promote them!

I know that I am making a lifestyle change not a temporary adjustment as I want to be able to maintain what I lose. Find something that suits you and don't do something just because it works for someone else. As diet that works for you is a very personal thing...

As much as everyone else advises me not to I opt for a monthly treat just to keep me going as the diet is so strict. I am a foodie and eat because it all tastes so good not for an emotional reason. I got severely out of the habit of having the right kind of food or portions. I would make a big pan of pasta rather than a small one and eat the lot etc. Having a "break" will take you out of Ketosis and I personally find getting back into it not that bad and well worth the food. However, I can tell you that going into Ketosis won't be your problem...it will be missing food again! I am constantly craving food but those few days are the worst. I have to keep telling myself that it was one meal...not one day....not one weekend....ONE MEAL!!! I guess you have to ask yourself...can you really resist all of that again?

I am on the Cambridge Diet because I need the strictness. I try not to think about my meal off as a treat otherwise where does it stop? A treat a month? A treat every other week? Once a week? I still feel a bit guilty about each meal I have off.

I know what you mean about your friend, I tend to leave my days off for when I have a low weight loss week as I kind of have a twisted mentality that taking myself out of Ketosis will make me have a better weigh in the week after but there is no proof of that as I haven't been doing it long enough and I doubt it is good for you. My story is to show you that other people have those thoughts and feelings as well, not to promote them!

I know that I am making a lifestyle change not a temporary adjustment as I want to be able to maintain what I lose. Find something that suits you and don't do something just because it works for someone else. As diet that works for you is a very personal thing...

Hey
I totally agree with what u r saying... it makes sense and I really appreciate ur opinion... I had a treat day on my last weigh in and my next weigh in is on Sunday... so I will certainly find out if it has effected my loss in a positive or negative way or sts... I will let u know... my loss last week was 4lb... and that was 100% ss... not a single nibble... lol... will Let everyone know if this has done me any justice or if my friend is just lucky to enjoy food and have a great loss at the same time x

Hi, interesting read. It's all depends the reason you have come up cambridge. I'm here as I have an unhealthy relationship with food, food types and quantity.
If it gets you to goal and you feel it won't hinder you then go for it, it's your personal journey. Just think about why you want it..if your a foodie then what is to stop you putting it all back on? Food needs to be fuel and healthy fuel. I wouldn't think curries etc (although you haven't mentioned what food you would have) would be the lifestyle change you have come to cambridge for.
Have a think about why you want to do this type of diet, often just quick weight loss isn't what most of us would answer as our sole reason.
Xxx

Hi, interesting read. It's all depends the reason you have come up cambridge. I'm here as I have an unhealthy relationship with food, food types and quantity.
If it gets you to goal and you feel it won't hinder you then go for it, it's your personal journey. Just think about why you want it..if your a foodie then what is to stop you putting it all back on? Food needs to be fuel and healthy fuel. I wouldn't think curries etc (although you haven't mentioned what food you would have) would be the lifestyle change you have come to cambridge for.
Have a think about why you want to do this type of diet, often just quick weight loss isn't what most of us would answer as our sole reason.
Xxx

I think even as a foodie you can make real changes. I will never see food as just fuel but I know I need to change my eating habits and encorporate healthier meals into everyday living :)

Not sure I could cope with having to get back in to ketosis every single week, but whatever works for you I guess. I lost 5st in 12weeks by sticking to the plan. I had one day off in week 14 and gained 3lb that week, the only week I have gained whilst on plan! So from my own experience I wouldn't personally risk it. Plus I am not sure I could stop myself - I'd either eat a weeks worth of rubbish in one night or I would struggle to get back on plan.

There are lots of other ways to treat yourself that don't involve food, so I tend to go for those instead!

Sent from my GT-I8190N using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hey everyone... sorry haven't been able to reply... mad week!!! Anyways I am a foodie but can control myself and even after my loss in my normal life I will b having a treat day once a week... plus I can get back on track rather thn binge for more thn one day... so I ate everything u can imagine I mean everything fish n chips crisp choc n much more... I lost...... 8lb!!!!! Woohooo... and my second week when I had no treat n was hundred percent ss I.lost 4lb... so this week it has worked... I was 13.7 & now 12.13... I'm in the twelve!!!¡¡ so yeah I will have a treat again today and see if this works next week too... ill let u all know xxx

Your first week is always much much more than most other weeks so I wouldn't say it "worked"...you just didn't break the pattern that is seen by virtually every Cambridge dietee even with your "treat"...

i have twice had had a meal on the evening of my weigh in and for one of them the next week was 5lb and the other it was 3lb...there is no rule of thumb and lots of other variables to take into account...

In my opinion I wouldn't want to use a "treat" as a mechanism for losing more weight, I would want to use it if it was my way of continuing to be motivated if I struggling.

I wonder if there is a consultant around to maybe tell us why this diet doesn't already have a treat night if it really does work??? There must be a reason why this isn't encouraged by the official Cambridge Diet Consultants...?

Last edited:
Your first week is always much much more than most other weeks so I wouldn't say it "worked"...you just didn't break the pattern that is seen by virtually every Cambridge dietee even with your "treat"...

i have twice had had a meal on the evening of my weigh in and for one of them the next week was 5lb and the other it was 3lb...there is no rule of thumb and lots of other variables to take into account...

In my opinion I wouldn't want to use a "treat" as a mechanism for losing more weight, I would want to use it if it was my way of continuing to be motivated if I struggling.

I wonder if there is a consultant around to maybe tell us why this diet doesn't already have a treat night if it really does work??? There must be a reason why this isn't encouraged by the official Cambridge Diet Consultants...?

Hiii... this isn't my first week it's my 3rd... so I'm sure it's do with the treat.. its early days and I think having a treat again and checking my loss next week would b more helpful... and I totally believe it will... as my friend did this on lighter life ans lost amazing amount of weight... x

Rewarding your weight loss with binge eating really is not a good routine to get in to and I really would advise you not to advise others to do it.

Rewarding your weight loss with binge eating really is not a good routine to get in to and I really would advise you not to advise others to do it.

First of all if you read my post correctly I have not advised anyone to do anything! Secondly no-one is gonna get to target and never have a treat or a fish n chips!! So I don't class that as binge eating... I am expressing my opinion and my journey and if you don't like it then please don't comment... everyone has there own mind and brain to use and will not do as I say even though I am not telling anyone to do anything... thanks

Back